Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA Champions League Final Totteham V Liverpool -Saturday 1st June - VM 1/BT Sport 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The pitch invader was Kinsey Wolanski (her social media pages are now worth 10 times what they were at KO)

14242640-7094621-image-a-50_1559419036140.jpg

Robbo just thinking about putting in a cross over to her possibly.

That's Millennials for you they can't even streak probably these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Everton won the FA cup in 95. You think I celebrated that? I was 3. I count trophies I was alive to witness. I don't care about thing previously, personally.

So zero trophies then ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

TitianGerm wrote: »
    So zero trophies then ;)

Don't hurt my feelings Titian :(

Fantastic night. This team and manager deserved a major trophy

Absolutely buzzing since full time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

golfball37 wrote: »
    Where is var? The corner was not inside the quadrant clearly

If any part of the ball hangs over the line of the quadrant it is considered still in the quadrant so the corner was fine

Can I also say that the Wretch 32 rap BT used at the start to promote/hype the final was Wretched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

If any part of the ball hangs over the line of the quadrant it is considered still in the quadrant so the corner was fine

I know that- but the ball was fully outside and nowhere near even touching the line

I know that- but the ball was fully outside and nowhere near even touching the line

Look fine to the linesman standing beside it

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You should get John delaney to spearhead a campaign to get it replayed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Pathetic attempt at trolling! Keep it up.

Not trolling at all. As I said originally, Liverpool have been magnificent this season and really deserved a trophy.

Just find this YNWA a load of cock and it was proved last year.

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Not trolling at all. As I said originally, Liverpool have been magnificent this season and really deserved a trophy.

Just find this YNWA a load of cock and it was proved last year.

This is what it means.

https://twitter.com/MrNickMason/status/1026922146872872961?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

5starpool wrote: »

Not to labour the point but it might have been more use if the players got around him last year when he was clearly distraught. Would have thought that was the time to live YNWA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It would be weirder if we hadn't signed a world class keeper and carried on with Karius who clearly wasn't good enough. Can't see Liverpool winning this with Karius, Allison was immense yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Not to labour the point but it might have been more use if the players got around him last year when he was clearly distraught. Would have thought that was the time to live YNWA.

They did after a few minutes, once they had dealt with their own devastation at losing the final. Most of them would've thought they'd never get a chance again. They're not robots who would have immediately just gone straight to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Not sure who you support, but this is kindergarten stuff. Harping back a year to and try and score points is pathetic. Anyway to all the Pool supporters CONGRATS. Yes i did shout😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Not sure who you support, but this is kindergarten stuff. Harping back a year to and try and score points is pathetic. Anyway to all the Pool supporters CONGRATS. Yes i did shout😂😂😂😂

He’s a COYS fan.

Great thread everyone, delicious reading.

YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

They did.

Was there a certain time limit they had to beat to console him.

Where you at the stadium watching Karius?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

:D:D:D:D

Congratulations Liverpool FC & Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That was a great listen. Much better than the usual Sky/RTE/BT crap.

• Advertisement

fyfe79 wrote: »
    They did after a few minutes, once they had dealt with their own devastation at losing the final. Most of them would've thought they'd never get a chance again. They're not robots who would have immediately just gone straight to him.

Don't you realise they only have 2 minutes to do this otherwise it doesn't count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Agreed.

Hard not to be a but in awe as that’s a world class proper panel. Really fascinating to see how impressed they were with Liverpool’s fans and how sympathetic they were to Poch and spurs. Really great Viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Feck off with fireworks lads. Ffs
    Dog next door won’t shut up barking. Irish people supporting English football. Give me a break.

I am glad I am not alone in thinking it is all a bit strange.

Here is a synopsis of why Irish people support English clubs from 2016

https://www.balls.ie/football/irish-...-353235-353235

I think they should have went into more detail on the Liverpool - Man United sections.

About 10 years of age during successful years - or failing that, thier father supported them.

I am surprised Arsenal does not get a mention - glory years recently - plus 80's on Brady - Stapelton - O'Leary.

IMO I think nearly all Irish fans of English teams are glory hunters or at least consumers of a brand. It feels wrong to call them supporters. Consumers is the probably the best word.

It is a strange phenomenon to me, when watching all the overweight lads with beer guts in Liverpool jerseys in the pub - hands in the air.
    It occurred to me this is probably happening in the Nordic countries, Africa, USA, Asia etc.
    I did not see any Spurs jerseys I suppose give it 10/15 years....

I just found it a bit odd that it is seen as the 'norm' with all these wobbly beer guts, sweat rolling off them, hands in the air wearing a jersey from a foreign land.

But sure if people are happy let them at it.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Just to echo what a couple of others have said - José and Arsene are compelling analysts on Bein. The pair of them complement each other well. I'd love to see more of the two of them together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

That was never a penalty. For me anyway.

Pretty disappointing game too considering the heroics both teams pulled off to get to the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

tigger123 wrote: »

Not in the Premier League anyway but it was fairly consistent with the penalties awarded in European football this season.

tigger123 wrote: »

Pretty disappointing game too considering the heroics both teams pulled off to get to the final.

Yeah it was not great for the neutral that early goal killed it - then add in the heat/humidity.

It is good alright they try to be open with thier comments.
    But when they are sitting side by side it is like watching an aging film star, and Maths teacher talk about football.

I do love when LOI fanboys come in to tell us all why we are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

The amount of butt-hurt in this thread is glorious and will keep me going for the summer. Thanks, lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

My dad supported Chelsea. He played LOI B level. I spent my youth in LOI grounds all around the country. I support Liverpool after my German cousin gave me a jersey in the mid 80's.

English football is followed in big numbers in plenty of countries. Not just Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I think they should have went into more detail on the Liverpool - Man United sections.

About 10 years of age during successful years - or failing that, thier father supported them.

I am surprised Arsenal does not get a mention - glory years recently - plus 80's on Brady - Stapelton - O'Leary.

IMO I think nearly all Irish fans of English teams are glory hunters or at least consumers of a brand. It feels wrong to call them supporters. Consumers is the probably the best word.

It is a strange phenomenon to me, when watching all the overweight lads with beer guts in Liverpool jerseys in the pub - hands in the air.
    It occurred to me this is probably happening in the Nordic countries, Africa, USA, Asia etc.

I just found it a bit odd that it is seen as the 'norm' with all these wobbly beer guts, sweat rolling off them, hands in the air wearing a jersey from a foreign land.

Well arent you a bundle of joy today.

And Liverpool fans are the worst when they win

MD1990 wrote: »
    They did.

Was there a certain time limit they had to beat to console him.

Where you at the stadium watching Karius?

Was widely commented on after and the fella approached the crowd on his own clearly distraught.

I’ve no issue with Liverpool winning last night. They’ve been wonderful this season and it’s probably the best Pool side I’ve seen in 35 years. The manager is quality too. But it’s the sanctimonious bollocks and superiority complex that comes from a lot of fans that has neutrals dreading Liverpool winning anything. That’s my take on it anyway.

But congrats on last night and this season. That’s a squad to be proud of.

Big Ears just touched down in Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

8-10 wrote: »
    Top marks to the Spurs fans in Madrid

But **** me what a night for us. Just took a break from some random square where we’ve been singing for an hour

I’m 3 sheets

Allez Allez AlleZ

I don’t remember writing this post but it makes a lot of sense based on how I’m feeling today. Totally worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭Augme

But it’s the sanctimonious bollocks and superiority complex that comes from a lot of fans that has neutrals dreading Liverpool winning anything. That’s my take on it anyway.

I wouldn't class most of those people as neutrals. Winning the trophy is amazing but its stuff like the reaction of "neutrals" to us losing last season that makes it all the sweeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

What clubs am I allowed to support? Any limits on sports I can be interested in? Am I allowed have a beer belly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Fair play to Liverpool, as sickened as I am, they’ve been magnificent this season and probably deserved last night.

But this YNWA is a load of bollocks usually spouted by people who think Liverpool are a “special club”. As I recall last season Karius was very much walking alone after the CL final.

Ah I see now why a certain turd is posting this in the LFC thread! What have you started man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

I must agree to an extent at least.
    Let’s face it most Irish people support successful or once successful English teams. It’s just not the same as supporting your own home team.
    Look I’m a long time arsenal fan, since the mid 80s, but I’ve no connection to north London whatsoever. For that reason i just don’t get the same feelings I get from supporting the Dublin football and hurling team as a born and bred dub.
    Not sure I’d agree with the jersey or beer belly comments though...

Anyway I wouldn’t get hung up on what other people get pleasure from but likewise as an Irish person I wouldn’t go around boasting about the success of an English team and rip other Irish people who support rival teams in the process.
    Enjoy it and celebrate it but don’t get carried away...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Whether the match was a cracker or not, Liverpool deserved a trophy at the end of this season. They’ve been immense, quality to watch only thanks to my Liverpool supporting house mates.

A horrible feeling they’ll crack on. Superb manager, players & club currently.

Only hope United can get their act together this Summer. For football, it’d be great viewing those 2 going at it at the top.

I do love when LOI fanboys come in to tell us all why we are terrible.

I am not a league of 'Ireland fanboy'. I am fan sport. I would class myself as a Dublin supporter it is where I am from etc - i go to league games and so on.
    Football home and away - hurling home games.
    Soccer is a secondary thing for me - but I would never claim to 'support' an English team just to fit in with the 'banter'.

True though I do have respect for LOI fans they have not fallen prey to the marketers/peer pressure they are thier own men/women.

I actually decided to go to LOI game next month Rovers v Dundalk as a neutral.
    As there should be tension and drama at it. Just a sports fan.

It always baffles me how so called Irish soccer fans would rather go and see a a friendly where an English team is playing in Dublin. Rather than a LOI game.

Each to thier own though - but there is a bit of cognitive dissonance going on with those Irish people who support English clubs it is funny to watch - when England play Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Bobby Sands was an Aston Villa fan.

I am not a league of 'Ireland fanboy'. I am fan sport. I would class myself as a Dublin supporter it is where I am from etc - i go to league games and so on.
    Soccer is a secondary thing for me - but I would never claim to 'support' an English team just to fit in with the 'banter'.

True though I do have respect for LOI fans they have not fallen prey to the marketers/peer pressure they are thier own men/women.

I actually deiced to go to LOI game next month Rovers v Dundalk as a neutral.As there should be tension and drama at it. Just a sports fan.

It always baffles me how so called Irish soccer fans would rather go and see a a friendly where an English team is playing in Dublin. Rather than a LOI game.

Each to thier own though - but there is a bit of cognitive dissonance going on with those Irish people who support English clubs it is funny to watch - when England play Ireland.

Yet you need to post and post about it.

I have as much interest Chinese Super League as I do in the LOI and the Chinese Super League is probably more relevant to me as someone who grew up and lives in a County that has not and never had a LOI team.

dmigsy wrote: »
    What clubs am I allowed to support? Any limits on sports I can be interested in? Am I allowed have a beer belly?

Ah you are yeah, but it doesn't look funny doesn't they are shouting at a fella to close down a ball and run at pace - when they themselves are extremely unlikely to do so as they are so unfit?
    As I said if people enjoy it let them at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Not sure if this will work but it's very funny

9o24TJo.gif

https://i.imgur.com/9o24TJo.mp4

I actually deiced to go to LOI game next month Rovers v Dundalk as a neutral.As there should be tension and drama at it. Just a sports fan.

What about those who support both LOI team and an English team, when I could afford it I was in the Brandywell to watch Derry then get a flight the next morning to watch Liverpool in Anfield.

Yet you need to post and post about it.

I have as much interest Chinese Super League as I do in the LOI and the Chinese Super League probably more relevant to me as someone who grew up and lives in a County that has not and never had a LOI team.

I am entitled to post what I wish within the rules of boards.ie as anyone else is
    Is that not kind of sad or strange that you would have more interest in a Chinese Super League team?

I just watched the game yesterday as a neutral, because it was a major event regardless of the teams that were in it.
    It not make any different to me I had no affinity to either. I also would not be able to manufacture an affinity to either team. I don't know how people manage it unless you put money on it.

As a neutral watching it yesterday I got to be honest and say I did not find it entertaining.
    The semi-finals were really memorable.

I am entitled to post what I wish within the rules of boards.ie as anyone else is
    Is that not kind of sad or strange that you would have more interest in a Chinese Super League team?

I just watched the game yesterday as a neutral, because it was a major event regardless of the teams that were in it.
    It not make any different to me I had no affinity to either. I also would not be able to manufacture an affinity to either team. I don't know how people manage it unless you put money on it.

As a neutral watching it yesterday I got to be honest and say I did not find it entertaining.
    The semi-finals were really memorable.

I never said you weren't entitled to post about it.

No not sad or strange at all the LOI is sh1t the Chinese Super league is a better standard of football.

What I find sad and strange is people who think the LOI is good.

I would rather give our Chinese overlords my money than the corrupt FAI.

What about those who support both LOI team and an English team, when I could afford it I was in the Brandywell to watch Derry then get a flight the next morning to watch Liverpool in Anfield.

That's a good thing at least there is no hypocrisy there. You like soccer so you go to the games as much as you can.
    It makes logical sense.

For soccer people not to go games on thier doorstep when it is affordable 15€ and can get a bit of entertainment for that price baffles me.
    You would expect more soccer people to go for that reason alone.
    It is only the price of a couple of pints, no plane required
    Particularly when we are supposed to be such a patriotic/parochial country.

• Advertisement
Advertisement