Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA Champions League Final Totteham V Liverpool -Saturday 1st June - VM 1/BT Sport 2

1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

- plus not the time or place.
    Mod: The only relevant bit of most of your posts in this thread. Stop this LOI vs England crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Spurs fan talking about the Liverpool 2nd and ball placement does not mention the ref changed the rules to allow a player getting treatment to come back on the pitch also not talking about Spurs moving the ball about 5 yards for a free kick just before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I loved watching the trophy parade today.

Everton fans are probably on holidays because Liverpool is RED :D

Ex players who played the game on the hand ball since that what seems to matter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

dmigsy wrote: »
    What clubs am I allowed to support? Any limits on sports I can be interested in? Am I allowed have a beer belly?

Ah you are yeah, but it doesn't look funny doesn't they are shouting at a fella to close down a ball and run at pace - when they themselves are extremely unlikely to do so as they are so unfit?
    As I said if people enjoy it let them at it.

Your posts are bizarre. I'll leave you to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

dmigsy wrote: »
    Your posts are bizarre. I'll leave you to it.
    He’s weird. I’ve been to Cork City games (stopped a few years back), plenty of pot belly guys roaring at the players to run. But somehow it fits into his weird argument. Bizzare infatuation he has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Congrats to the Liverpool fans, overall they definitely deserved a trophy this season.

Not a great final but finals are for winning not looking pretty. I thought Spurs played well up until the final third.

Mane and Van Djik were excellent I thought, Salah had a really poor game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I see it being reported that, that poor attempt at streaking is set to earn that woman €3m in advertising across her social media platforms.

She couldn't even steak properly imagine how much she would have made if she actually streaked properly naked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

She couldn't even steak properly

The type of woman who never cooked any sort of meal in her life I'd say never mind look after steaks she'd well do your medium-rare. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

UEFA squad for the season. I'd query no Matip but I suppose they had to squeeze De Ligt in and the inclusion of Kevin De Bruyne who hardly played.

Goalkeepers
    Alisson Becker (Liverpool)
    Marc-André ter Stegen (Barcelona)

Defenders
    Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool)
    Matthijs de Ligt (Ajax)
    Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham)
    Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)
    Andy Robertson (Liverpool)

Midfielders
    Moussa Sissoko (Tottenham)
    Hakim Ziyech (Ajax)
    Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)
    Frenkie de Jong (Ajax)
    Tanguy Ndombele (Lyon)
    Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool)
    David Neres (Ajax)
    Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)

Forwards
    Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
    Dušan Tadić (Ajax)
    Sadio Mané (Liverpool)
    Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus)
    Lucas Moura (Tottenham)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

When you see the 3 Liverpool man in the defence you know what a good job Klopp did this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

UEFA squad for the season. I'd query no Matip but I suppose they had to squeeze De Ligt in and the inclusion of Kevin De Bruyne who hardly played.

Goalkeepers
    Alisson Becker (Liverpool)
    Marc-André ter Stegen (Barcelona)

Defenders
    Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool)
    Matthijs de Ligt (Ajax)
    Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham)
    Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)
    Andy Robertson (Liverpool)

Midfielders
    Moussa Sissoko (Tottenham)
    Hakim Ziyech (Ajax)
    Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City)
    Frenkie de Jong (Ajax)
    Tanguy Ndombele (Lyon)
    Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool)
    David Neres (Ajax)
    Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)

Forwards
    Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
    Dušan Tadić (Ajax)
    Sadio Mané (Liverpool)
    Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus)
    Lucas Moura (Tottenham)

KDB played 4 games and one of those was a cameo against Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Fabinho should definitely be in there ahead of De Bruyne, it’s not like they had to choose an attacking midfielder and as others have pointed out, he didn’t play much and his only truly outstanding performance was the second leg against Spurs.

Fabinho and De Jong have been the best two midfielders in the knockout stages IMO, and if they were only going to put one Liverpool midfielder in, they got it wrong (as much as I love Gini Wijnaldum).

01410167.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

When you see the 3 Liverpool man in the defence you know what a good job Klopp did this year.

Ye have possibly the two best fullbacks in world football id argue at the moment, one an academy player and another ye got for peanuts. Just shows that money doesnt buy it.
    With VVD probably the best CB right now and Allison in the top 3 GK's this year, ye lads are sorted defensively for a long time, which is a scary thought.

Still wreckon you need a better partner for VVD but to be fair i dont follow the club so i wouldnt watch or view the players as ye lads do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

01410167.jpg

I believe they call that a 'hit and hope' from Salah!! Luckily the keeper gets out of the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

I believe they call that a 'hit and hope' from Salah!! Luckily the keeper gets out of the way.

Sissoko would’ve stopped it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

eigrod wrote: »
    Sissoko would’ve stopped it :)

Well it would have been kicked into his hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Ye have possibly the two best fullbacks in world football id argue at the moment, one an academy player and another ye got for peanuts. Just shows that money doesnt buy it.
    With VVD probably the best CB right now and Allison in the top 3 GK's this year, ye lads are sorted defensively for a long time, which is a scary thought.

Still wreckon you need a better partner for VVD but to be fair i dont follow the club so i wouldnt watch or view the players as ye lads do.

I’d agree on a better partner for VVD but Matip has been excellent since Christmas - certainly exceeded expectations in games like the Barcelona second leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I’d agree on a better partner for VVD but Matip has been excellent since Christmas - certainly exceeded expectations in games like the Barcelona second leg.

Wouldnt disagree there. Im moree thinking if ye loose VVD next season through injury will Matip step up. Ye definately need another CB so why not get a solid partnership going like we had with rio and vidic.
    There hard to come buy to be fair and the right signing could be big

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Wouldnt disagree there. Im moree thinking if ye loose VVD next season through injury will Matip step up. Ye definately need another CB so why not get a solid partnership going like we had with rio and vidic.
    There hard to come buy to be fair and the right signing could be big

He's proved he wouldn't step up because we've seen him play alongside Lovren and they weren't great. VVD is irreplaceable during a long term absence. The fact that Matip stepped up this season is more to do with playing alongside VVD, that's the effect Van Dyke has and it's credit to Matip as well because he has been brilliant.

I'd be happy with them being the partnership next season if it came to that, but as you say it would be great to bring in another world class centre back, push Lovren out and Joe Gomez looks the future as well.

Hard to find these world class defenders though, we're lucky to have VVD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

monkey9 wrote: »
    He's proved he wouldn't step up because we've seen him play alongside Lovren and they weren't great. VVD is irreplaceable during a long term absence. The fact that Matip stepped up this season is more to do with playing alongside VVD, that's the effect Van Dyke has and it's credit to Matip as well because he has been brilliant.

I'd be happy with them being the partnership next season if it came to that, but as you say it would be great to bring in another world class centre back, push Lovren out and Joe Gomez looks the future as well.

Hard to find these world class defenders though, we're lucky to have VVD.

Yeah I remember when Vidic got that long injury and United had Rio and Evans for most of the season but with Rio being so good and having so much experience he was able to carry Evans to a fairly good season. However when Evans had to man the defence without Rio he just wasn't good enough.

Having VVD he will be able to carry a slightly lesser defender (Matip) but if VVD gets an injury that lesser defender is very likely to struggle without the guidance.

Considering how much money pool must have made from CL and PL this season surely they will go big on at least one player. Could be what sees them across the line in the PL

Advertisement