Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pro14 final thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

2 mins and it’s a good un

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Game over, Kearney should thank his lucky stars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,353 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Deserved motm award for Healy. He's been Leinster's best player in our knockout games this month.

Could easily have been given, we all know the rules now.

For what though. It didn’t meet the criteria.

Game over, Kearney should thank his lucky stars.

The 4 on his jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭A-Train

Great from Leinster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Thought Leinster were fortunate enough, Glasgow were the better team. Some of that Leinster play was far from the stuff we had come to expect from them.

YAAAAASSSSSS

The 4 on his jersey?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Thank fooook for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Idiots booing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Fantastic. Delighted. Not a vintage Leinster performance, but a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Yes.....Brilliant win for Leinster.

Get in! Great match. Great league and deserved winners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

That'll do, pig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The booing at the final whistle is like music now.
    A positive end to mixed bag of a season for Irish rugby as a whole. Congrats Leinster.

mystic86 wrote: »
    Thought Leinster were fortunate enough, Glasgow were the better team. Some of that Leinster play was far from the stuff we had come to expect from them.

Must be watching a different game to me. Both teams weren’t what we’ve come to expect of them recently. Leinster were the better team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,631 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Well done to Leinster. It was a cracking game. Leinster did a better job than Munster would have done. A deserved win and a statement to the Scottish before the world cup in Autumn

Leinster finish it the Munster way.

Better team won, Glasgow did enough to steal it so credit to them.

Leinster just not as clinical and ruthless as last season. Isa and Leavy the difference between this years team and last in many ways.

Good finish to the season all the same, Marcus Horan will be the most disappointed person in the stadium not getting to ask Sexton if they left anything in the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Great job.

Leinster were like Ulster's older brother today....You may have beaten our kids last week but that's as far as you go.

• Advertisement

Great win. Clear we need to make improvements for next year to take on Saracens. Sexton is really struggling to get up from tackles.

Thought both sides defended superbly. Leinster's defence in the first half won them the game. Glasgow were playing at an incredible pace and running from good angles. Our midfield was incredible at shutting down their decoys and sweep behind plays.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Thought it was fairly meh as a spectacle myself. Think the better team won in the end, Glasgow just made too many errors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Great game and better team won. Not perfect but winning in front of such a huge partisan crowd was massive.

Awesome end to this season between this week and last.

awec wrote: »
    Thought it was fairly meh as a spectacle myself. Think the better team won in the end, Glasgow just made too many errors.

It was an average enough game. No one was on top of their game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,631 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Thought it was fairly meh as a spectacle myself.

You're still wearing those game of thrones goggles where the world has no joy anymore. This was a briliant match in slippery conditions. Hate to say it but leinster deserved to win the pro14 this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Man, that was a blueprint for dominance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Well done Leinster. Glasgow looked a spent force for far too much of the second half. Kearney shaking Hogg's hand was classy.

Sounds like Rob wants to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

SOB to collect trophy

• Advertisement

SoB and Sexton to lift the trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Well done Leinster.

That was brilliant. Great to watch.

Any of Cian Healy, Ringrose, Fardy, Conan could have been motm for me.

But I thought Henshaw was fukkkking outstanding. And that he deserved motm.

Hard fought victory and ye knew it.

Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

Considering Leinster reached the Heineken cup final that was a damn good performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Legalfarmer89

Leinster did enough. The Kearney card let Glasgow back into it but they did lose the Hogg as a result.

Feel like the more exciting team lost..... Leinster more functional than thrilling.

I dont think the pick and go towards the end endeared them to the Glaswegians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Class behaviour from Sexton...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Touch of class letting O’Brien lift it

Very classy by Johnny making SOB lift the trophy!

Thanks for the memories Seany.

:D Lock up your women Glasgow!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

mystic86 wrote:

Leinster pack utterly dominated the second half. Bizarre to say Glasgow were better. Based on possession in opposition 22, Leinster should have put 30 on the board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭OldRio

I watched the Pro14 final. It was a great game. Not sure what you were watching.

Here, that was class, they controlled that game against a very dangerous team, thats the culmination of years of work, they should celebrate this season, one of the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Akrasia wrote: »
    You're still wearing those game of thrones goggles where the world has no joy anymore. This was a briliant match in slippery conditions.

I support leinster and that game was not brilliant , average at best , expecting more for a final at Celtic park - think professional rugby really needs a look at itself , crowds worldwide are voting with ther feet - hopefully the WC raises the standard, and not so predictable , defensive driven / possession rugby with little room for guile of old.

Think our backrow was fantastic. Really dominated Glasgow's. Conan and VdF are right in contention for the 7 and 8 jerseys for Ireland.

thebaz wrote: »
    I support leinster and that game was not brilliant , average at best , expecting more for a final at Celtic park - think professional rugby really needs a look at itself , crowds worldwide are voting with ther feet - hopefully the WC raises the standard, and not so predictable , defensive driven / possession rugby with little room for guile of old.

It was pissing rain. Same as Bilbao last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

crowds worldwide are voting with ther feet

Indeed

https://twitter.com/PRO14Official/status/1132365471804739586?s=19

• Advertisement

I support leinster and that game was not brilliant.

It was absolutely pissing rain too don’t forget.

It is not about the level of the achievement alone, given the squad transition and the emotional challenge(and against a rising team) facing the group and how they came through it by sticking to their rigorous collective social contract, I think is a big deal and offers hope for continued success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I would honestly question what game some of you people were watching.

Some people will find the miserable, nasty, bitter angle in anything.

Clegg wrote: »
    Think our backrow was fantastic. Really dominated Glasgow's. Conan and VdF are right in contention for the 7 and 8 jerseys for Ireland.

If your picking on form, Ruddock is knocking on the door

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I would honestly question what game some of you people were watching.

Some people will find the miserable, nasty, bitter angle in anything.

Nasty? Bitter?

Will you get a grip of yourself? :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement