Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CID Question

Options
  • 25-05-2019 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

Hello,

If a teacher is re-interviewed and successful in second RPT interview for part-time hours, if that teacher gets additional RPT hours prior to the November deadline - are they CIDable?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Yes but on a tag on contract and not part of the initial CID is my understanding.
    So for example teacher A has 11 hrs RPT (an old term I thought but besides the point)
    They reinterview successfully for same 11 hrs in yr 2.
    Assuming hrs are there again in year 3 they are granted CID 11 hrs.
    In year 2 they get an additional 5 hrs.
    My understanding is it follows that those hours must be there again the following yr before they get added to CID
    So in essence you'd have a CID 11 hrs plus Rpt / fixed term contract for the +5 hours in year 2 and it'd take 3 years (4?) Before you'd essentially have CID for 16 hrs

But please don't take my understanding of it. I've not been in that position & could have it wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

If you are entitled to CID for any hours in year 3 then your CID is for all timetabled hours from year 2 including hours not otherwise eligible for CID such as job share.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

If you are entitled to CID for any hours in year 3 then your CID is for all timetabled hours from year 2 including hours not otherwise eligible for CID such as job share.

Don't schools apply for CIDs from November up to some date in March if you're in year two RPT with the possibility for hours in year three? Jobshare is eligible for CID.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Sir123

Don't schools apply for CIDs from November up to some date in March if you're in year two RPT with the possibility for hours in year three? Jobshare is eligible for CID.

Schools normally apply around March time for CIDs.

Yes Jobshare is eligible for CID provided you teach at least 1 additional hour in your contract. For example, many schools now make posts which are inclusive of 11hrs job share and lets say 7hrs rpt. If these hours are kept and are then the same in year 3 then your CID would be for 18hours.

However, if you had a job share contract, 11hr RPT but then worked additonal hours at an hourly rate past the nov deadline, I'm not too sure if these hours could be included, I'd guess not.

RPT hours before Nov deadline are eligible for CID as far as I am aware. I know staff that had 15 hours in year 2 and then received an additional 3hrs before Nov deadline a few years ago. They then got their full CID the following year.

I would always ring the union to double check these things. There are so many scenarios with people having different contracts over the 3 years. Hope it works out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Job share is not eligible for CID in and of itself. If you only ever had job share hours you would never get CID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Job share is not eligible for CID in and of itself. If you only ever had job share hours you would never get CID.

I've been looking at the ASTI website. It states that you have to have at least one hour of your own - this and the job share hours are eligible for CID.

I've also been reading that it should be stated in your contract that you are covering a jobshare and there should be a note that under objective grounds, no CID will be awarded. This is not in my RPT contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Mtoutlemonde I'd agree with the suggestion from sir123 of ringing the ASTI and checking everything with them in fine tooth comb detail.These contracts are definitely hard to understand.Wishing you the very very best of luck and hope it works out well for you.:)

Advertisement