Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a SSD

Options
  • 25-05-2019 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

My Crucial M4 SSD 128GB 2.5" SATA-600 finally died. Could you please recommend a replacement. 500GB will do me. My MB is a ASUS P8Z68-V-Pro
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND, Kingston SSDNow UV500, SanDisk Ultra 3D, Crucial MX500.

All around £53-59 (€60-67), with good read/write speeds & 5+ year warranties.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Personally I'd stick to manufacturers in the NAND business but I've no science behind that. Crucial = Micron. Sandisk are an OEM. WD are not, neither are Kingston I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ED E wrote: »
    Personally I'd stick to manufacturers in the NAND business but I've no science behind that. Crucial = Micron. Sandisk are an OEM. WD are not, neither are Kingston I believe.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_solid-state_drive_manufacturers

Western Digital (WDC) are actually the 3rd-biggest NAND supplier behind Samsung & Toshiba. They also make their own controllers through their subsidiary SanDisk.
    Kingston are the owners of Toshiba Memory Corp.

Advertisement