Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions Please

Options
  • 25-05-2019 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi All
    looking at a set of Zipp 404 Firestrike tubs for sale at 1200 euros and wondering would they be a good buy ? lightly used during summer months and in very good condition apparently , sub 1400g ceramic bearings and showstopper braking technology. includes zipp wheelbags and tyres plus a spare tubular tyre as well. i do a little racing and suppose always wanted a set of zipps :) just wondering do these sound like good value ? any feedback appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Alexzont

If you've money to burn, go for it. I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

With that budget would you not buy new? Some serious wheel sets available for that money

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Hopelessone1

Alexzont wrote: »
    If you've money to burn, go for it. I wouldn't.

Hi thanks for your reply, i dont have money to burn but could you tell me why you would not buy these please.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Hopelessone1

With that budget would you not buy new? Some serious wheel sets available for that money

thanks for reply , what wheels would you recommend with that budget ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

You don't get much for your money. You're looking at saving a few seconds over a long distance which can be worth it for TT's and Triathlons but not so much road races.
    If you really like them and think they will encourage you to cycle more then they may be worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Alexzont

Hi thanks for your reply, i dont have money to burn but could you tell me why you would not buy these please.

I'd buy a power meter instead if you're racing. If your looking for good carbon wheels then have a look at Hunt. They're a fantastic British brand. Personally, I don't understand carbon wheels. They've terrible braking (if using rim brakes) and good alu rims are just as light.

Advertisement