Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early morning traffic

Options
  • 25-05-2019 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have to be in UHW before 9 on Tuesday. Could anyone please tell me what the traffic is like between the motorway and the hospital at that time of morning. I'm travelling down from Carlow, so wondering if I need to allow a good bit of extra time. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TheGom

madmaggie wrote: »
    Hi, I have to be in UHW before 9 on Tuesday. Could anyone please tell me what the traffic is like between the motorway and the hospital at that time of morning. I'm travelling down from Carlow, so wondering if I need to allow a good bit of extra time. Thanks.

90 minutes should cover all plausible delays. 45 minutes motorway time from junction 5 M9 at speed limit. You could do it in an hour if familiar with the drive and hospital. Chance you get a bad tailback approaching Rice Bridge (use google maps, if it sends you over the toll bridge comply). I'm allowing an ample 20-30 minutes to cover parking & finding where your appointment location is once you arrive the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

madmaggie wrote: »

Dont go in through the City. Makes no sense to do so. Use the toll bridge and the outer ring road will bring you right to the hospital. The traffic shouldn't be too bad as some school goers/college students are off due to exams etc. Google map it and whatever that says it takes then add 20 or so mins on to it just to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭BlackandGreen

Seconding the toll bridge. do not go through the city. Traffic will be backed up on the dual carriage way to sallypark or further to newrath on the city route..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Thanks so much everyone, great advice.

After a bit of sweet talking, I was able to get my scan rescheduled to afternoon. I appreciate people taking to time to post replies.

Advertisement