Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgrading dry lining

• 26-05-2019 8:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We have just purchased a detached 1970’s bungalow that is built with 10” sold brick wall. No cavity.
    There has been an attempt at internal drylining. However there was a crack on gable end that has since been repaired, however it was letting damp for some time.
    The drylining in that room is showing signs of damp.

Looks like drylining was done by securing battens to the concrete and attaching plasterboard to the battens.
    If I was to upgrade, should I just remove plasterboard, replace any battens that are rotted and put new plasterboard up, or should I remove battens altogether and stick plasterboard directly to wall with mushroom fixings?

If leaving battens, should I insulate gap between plasterboard and concrete wall?

Thanks
    Christy.

Comments

Advertisement