Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in Carrickmines - Advice Needed

Options
  • 26-05-2019 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

We're looking to buy a new build in around Glenamuck road, choosing between the following three estates:

- Rockville

- Willow Glen

- Fairways

I have a question about the future price (I know) - what people think about 10-15 years time perspective? Clearly there'll be way more properties build in the area, Clay Farm pioneered apt. block erection may be continued by other developers, Cherrywood future development - all these how likely properties will retain/increase their prices?

Can the area adapt Lucan/Adamstown development model?

We'd really appreciate any advice from people knowing the area, or any information helping us to make a choice.

Please find the per estate estate summary below:

1. Rockiville - 3 out of 5.

For: Location, look form the window

Against: The actual estate size is massive, some houses overlook high voltage stands, which they say isn't great, quality of appliances is mediocre, even comparing to cheaper Willow Glen. Internal layouts aren't great, not as good as in WG. The most remote from Luas stop estate.

2. Willow Glen 2.5 out of 5

For: Lowest price, the actual build quality seems to be okay, no cracks, no visual hacks/corner cuts. Internal layouts are 4+, everything looks clean and tidy.

Against: The new road, offloading Glenamuck road can ruin privacy in the estate as it'll be clamped between two busy roads. This is a huge minus, as it can affect the price really badly, making currently the cheapest estate even cheaper as time goes by. 1.5 kilometers to Luas.

3. Fairways - 4 out of 5.

For: Closest to Luas (?), Knight Frank managed, no obvious problems with layouts/ quality

Minus: The most expensive estate in the cohort.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

You might want to look at the council proposals to close the top of Glenamuck road, a new road is to be built. I would imagine it will improve the area but worth checking out as it may impact your choice

• Registered Users Posts: 24 googleewrewr

May I ask which one did you go for in the end? I am interested in Fairways as they are saying they would release Phase 2 soon. All others are sold out now. However, they aren't giving a date for Phase 2 release which is really not helping me.

If in case you went with Fairways then do you know when Phase 2 would release. Also, did you already move in?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Anyone know when phase 2 of Rockville is due to launch?

Advertisement