Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Werewolf - The Hunger Games

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

We've been derailed. I'd like to hear more about the gifts and the trap!.

Who's been trapped? Why were they trapped? The very idea of a trap means that they can likely escape somehow. If so, how do they escape? And do we want them to?

What are the gifts for? Who was given them? Was it one person who got them or two? Were they given to the good side or the bad side, or both?

Could the trap and the gifts interact? My gut tells me they do.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Now then let's have a look at what happened. Really clodagh throwing the toys out because people go against you, no argument. Vested interest in dying, trying to throw heat off someone?

Holly! Care to explain your gift GIFFING last night?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Clodagh, if you’re looking for your toys they’ll be the one on the floor outside the pram

I know somebody who has used similar tactics to get a pass. I have mixed feelings on this. Don’t want anybody losing the fun in the game but most of us are in the dark here.

A lot like my dog Monty who is always in the dark. Regularly unsure of what’s going on, he gets excited about something that turns out to be nothing. Then he doesn’t get excited when something special is going to Happen. Like a walk. You should see his waggly ass get all excited and he murmurs, half excited bark , half moan... He doesn’t know where he is going but it’s out into the great unknown and that’s all he cares about.

Oh Monty when you are not sneezing in my face , barking at the sky or sh*tting all over the back garden, you are a joy... Just like WW....

I know somebody who has used similar tactics to get a pass. I have mixed feelings on this. Don’t want anybody losing the fun in the game but most of us are in the dark here.

A lot like my dog Monty who is always in the dark. Regularly unsure of what’s going on, he gets excited about something that turns out to be nothing. Then he doesn’t get excited when something special is going to Happen. Like a walk. You should see his waggly ass get all excited and he murmurs, half excited bark , half moan... He doesn’t know where he is going but it’s out into the great unknown and that’s all he cares about.

Oh Monty when you are not sneezing in my face , barking at the sky or sh*tting all over the back garden, you are a joy... Just like WW....

Similar tactics as in stating on thread they're quitting the game? Not to my recollection.

There was one but it's best not to talk about that episode.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Holly! Care to explain your gift GIFFING last night?

Nothing in it, the day before a the real game start always feels like christmas

• Advertisement

So you're not claiming one of the prizes then...

Hmmm.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    I have lightly skimmed it :)
    Fiona WW wrote: »
    Thoughts? Conclusions?
    Wendy WW wrote: »
    Gabriel villager
    Des wolf - I didn't like Des's opening post

That's all for the moment.

Is there a specific part of my OP that you don't like, Wendy?

[HTML][/HTML]
    Similar tactics as in stating on thread they're quitting the game? Not to my recollection.

Either throwing a tantrum and not helping the district or else a wf trying to get a free day in... Either way I know how I'm voting
    giphy.webp

Wolf not wf

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Do you mean that there are 8 players split into groups or villagers are split into groups? And if so why? What’s the purpose of it?
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I shall quit then.

FYI everyone else, I have voted for myself but won’t be logging in again. Either vote me out tonight or let me be modkilled. I am an NRV so don’t waste vote on me.

Sponsors, don’t give me anything or mods a task, I’ll reset the password later when I get home
    [HTML][/HTML]

Either throwing a tantrum and not helping the district or else a wf trying to get a free day in... Either way I know how I'm voting
    giphy.webp

Thats a massive waste imo

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

I'm not voting Clodagh.

But I can sympathize, in a way. Someone else "outed" them, and then laid out a plan that puts them into a zero-win situation. The plan was to not lynch them tonight but let the wolves claim them tomorrow, and if they aren't munched, lynch Clodagh then.

That's a horrific plan to vocalize on thread. There's zero chance the wolves go for Clodagh now, as it's been outlined that the village will lynch her tomorrow, and probably spend the day pissing about. Why waste the munch?

If Clodagh is bad, she's screwed tomorrow evening. If she's good, she's screwed tomorrow evening.

I dont know why Gertie and Clodes post quoted with Hollys there.

Henry WW wrote: »
    Thats a massive waste imo

Not really if someone really wanted out there are subs to take their place. Surely that renders her tantrum as posturing and why bother if you are good

Jake WW wrote: »
    I'm not voting Clodagh.

But I can sympathize, in a way. Someone else "outed" them, and then laid out a plan that puts them into a zero-win situation. The plan was to not lynch them tonight but let the wolves claim them tomorrow, and if they aren't munched, lynch Clodagh then.

That's a horrific plan to vocalize on thread. There's zero chance the wolves go for Clodagh now, as it's been outlined that the village will lynch her tomorrow, and probably spend the day pissing about. Why waste the munch?

If Clodagh is bad, she's screwed tomorrow evening. If she's good, she's screwed tomorrow evening.

I made an addendum to the plan that we shouldnt necessarily lynch Clodes tomorrow, but see where we stand tomrrow with him.

Not really if someone really wanted out there are subs to take their place. Surely that renders her tantrum as posturing and why bother if you are good

Yeah but im thinking mods will sub someone in instead of modkilling, so we should leave them to it and not preempt it and waste a lynch (potentially).

Everybody has their own limits. Some people might even lead a friend who trusts them into a trap..

:(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Do you mean that there are 8 players split into groups or villagers are split into groups? And if so why? What’s the purpose of it?

That's my question - what way are the districts made up? I doubt we will get any answers on that though until the end of the game

Yeah but im thinking mods will sub someone in instead of modkilling, so we should leave them to it and not preempt it and waste a lynch (potentially).
    Can't wonder about even more what ifs, someone is saying vote them out. Fine I will. Happy to get rid of someone not bothered playing. Why keep someone around longer when they don't want to play to sacrifice someone else who could be good and engaging with the game

Everybody has their own limits. Some people might even lead a friend who trusts them into a trap..

:(
    Sound like you have been hurt before.... Like in a previous hungar games?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

[HTML][/HTML]

giphy.webp

Not gonna vote Clodagh either. Mods will sort it if there's a real issue.

As an aside, play the game looking enough and you're going to be lynched a lot as a village. It's the wolf's job after all, munches alone don't work. Dandy I'd prefer if you stayed so we can work together (maybe still lynch you at some point, could still be a wolf after all) but don't take any of this personally. It's just a game :)

• Advertisement

Can't wonder about even more what ifs, someone is saying vote them out. Fine I will. Happy to get rid of someone not bothered playing. Why keep someone around longer when they don't want to play to sacrifice someone else who could be good and engaging with the game

Are you being silly or just not reading my posts? :D

Because if someone subs into that spot, they may engage.

And because im not convinced Clodes is a wolf. So id rather go lynch someone who i think is a wolf.

Let me lay it out for you Holly. If you think Clodes is a wolf, lynch them on that basis. Thats your choice. Fine.

If you arent sure and just want to kill clodes because they threatened to quit and not come back, and dont care if they are a wolf or not, thats silly and/or wolfy.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    I'm not voting Clodagh.

She wasn't ousted, all we have to go on at this stage is language. Once we have something like that we can't just ignore it because you can be certain if she is good the wolves won't be ignoring it. Theres a reason we can't edit posts here and this is a prime example.

People make slip-ups all the time, I've sympathy for that but its a game.
    My sympathy goes out the window with posts like the last, maybe they're under stress in RL and that's fair enough but I'd have no time for it otherwise.

Look the ONLY reason we should be voting Clodagh tonight is if you think they are a wolf. Everything else will sort itself out.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

It's a self resolving situation. Worst case scenario it wastes a lynch and we start tomorrow down two more villages after 10am with no proper work done.

Just for reference, i logged a vote there. Ill declare who it was for if i change it. Otherwise ye will find out at the lynch.

This is a game of bluff, I can sometimes struggle to find the balance between fair game and taking the piss. I personally mostly PM a mod if I’m not sure if something is in the spirit of the game but not everybody does.

First night Lynch’s are a torture for me usually. Seldom have any real leads and it seems like a crap shoot.

Unless there is a strong candidate tonight maybe we should take out Clodagh? What is the benefit to keeping that chess piece on the table? Would a rolled goody react like that? Would a baddy? Is this going to pass or are we gonna keep coming back to Clodagh?

Maybe she is team village and an NRV but is it helpful keeping them in the game? We are statistically more likely to hit a villager tonight then a baddy. Wolves can also block vote as we get closer to lynch (always easier to hide lynch night 1).

I’m not asking for us to lynch clodagh, I’m saying if we don’t have a consensus on even a couple of people we should I consider it.

This is a game of bluff, I can sometimes struggle to find the balance between fair game and taking the piss. I personally mostly PM a mod if I’m not sure if something is in the spirit of the game but not everybody does.

First night Lynch’s are a torture for me usually. Seldom have any real leads and it seems like a crap shoot.

Unless there is a strong candidate tonight maybe we should take out Clodagh? What is the benefit to keeping that chess piece on the table? Would a rolled goody react like that? Would a baddy? Is this going to pass or are we gonna keep coming back to Clodagh?

Maybe she is team village and an NRV but is it helpful keeping them in the game? We are statistically more likely to hit a villager tonight then a baddy. Wolves can also block vote as we get closer to lynch (always easier to hide lynch night 1).

I’m not asking for us to lynch clodagh, I’m saying if we don’t have a consensus on even a couple of people we should I consider it.

As i say, the only reason to vote her is if you think they are a wolf, tbh.

If you dont think they are a wolf and vote for them for any reason, i dont think you are helping the village. Not only are you killing someone you dont think is a wolf, but you are potentially stopping us lynching a wolf elsewhere.

So do you think Clodagh is a wolf Gertie?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Don’t forget your sanitary towels

For what it's worth, I don't think you're a wolf Conor and I'm not voting for you tonight, but I'd happily lynch you just for that incredibly sexist comment.

Think everyone needs to step back, take a few deep breaths and refocus.

We are looking for more than one evil in this game and i'm going to move on from the cluster**** of the last few pages.

• Advertisement

Sure for old times sake:

FFA1

Oisin - as outlined previously. First post of today was suspect to me.
    Holly - jumping on the clodemode bandwagon
    Gertie - i dont think they are team village.

Riona WW wrote: »
    I'm gonna quote this again as my vote is on Fiona for now and I gotta go for a while. Clodagh is too chaotic to lynch right now, maybe give some time and see what happens. If they're RV then a Munch might do the job for us anyway.

Do a job for who? A villager wouldn't want a RV to be munched!

So just a coincidence you post a gif of a present not long after two were announced on thread?
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I shall quit then.

FYI everyone else, I have voted for myself but won’t be logging in again. Either vote me out tonight or let me be modkilled. I am an NRV so don’t waste vote on me.

Sponsors, don’t give me anything or mods a task, I’ll reset the password later when I get home

tumblr_ny92cwgnJK1uhzawao1_500.gif

If you are for real Dandy just take some time and think about it, it's all a bit of fun and try not to take it personally.

Sound like you have been hurt before.... Like in a previous hungar games?

Yes, indeed I was betrayed. Time is a great healer Holly but just because I rock doesn’t mean I’m made of stone!!!

TWivOj1.gif

I literally can’t argue with that, your opinion is your own mein freund.

Sure for old times sake:

FFA1

Don't forget the hashtag #FFA1

Eva - lack of substance in their posting and now hiding in the shrubbery
    Conor - don't like his attitude, all his posts are laser focused on one target and that's not good for the village

That's all I got for now

The uprising in the 13 districts has been raging for almost a year. The Capitol has wiped out all but 3 districts. These 3 districts have created strongholds and the war has reached a stalemate. The Capitol has offered to resolve the fate of Panem by holding an Ultimate Hunger Game, winner takes all. If the districts win (village), a new government will be formed to unite all of Panem. If the Capitol win, the rebels will stand down and the Capitol will once again take control of the districts. Either way, the rebels or the Capitol government will pay the ultimate price. Each district and the Capitol will send their best fighters to compete in the Ultimate Hunger Game. 

Would this not suggest three districts and the capitol?

Before the start of the games, Alma Coin infiltrated the Capitol Central Control and uploaded a bug into the computer system. She found a way to join the game herself and in the process, deleted the tribute's information and signed them random districts to help her hide more easily. She also setup an ad-hoc communication channel to keep her immune from any power blocking and seer peeks. 

Katniss Everdeen: Katniss is highly skill with the bow and arrow. She will have an explosive arrow which she can use at any time. If she hits a Capitol, the Capitol BR will be blocked for 24 hours, they will be no longer able to communicate or use their powers during this time. Katniss will also have the chance to find Peeta or Gayle

It says Peeta or Gayle, so as someone said earlier I'd say one or the other. It doesn't say Katniss can kill anyone, just block the Capitol

Plutarch Heavensbee : Seer. He can peek a player each night.
    Straight forward enough

Haymitch Abernathy: Priest. Haymitch will be given the roles of all the fallen.
    Again straight forward enough

Boggs: Bodyguard. Boggs can protect a player each night.
    Again seems straightforward

Peeta Mellark: If Katniss can identify him, he will join her.
    So NRV until Katniss finds him, no powers given

Gale Hawthorne: If Katniss can identify him, he will join her.

Same as Peeta, could have some powers given his hunting skills? Probably not

President Coriolanus Snow:  The autocratic ruler of the Capitol and all of Panem. Though seemingly laid-back, his demeanor hides a sadistic and psychopathic mind. He paid Katniss a visit at home and told her he is angry that both she and Peeta were allowed to survive the 74th Hunger Games, as their act of defiance had ignited rebellion in several of the districts. She was too prominent to kill, but he threatened her family and Gale unless she proved to the districts that her act of saving Peeta was merely that of a love-crazed teenager and was not related to any desire to defy the Capitol. As punishment, Snow announced the the Third Quarter Quell would take place, involving previous district winners. After these games were hijacked, he remained in the Capitol during the year long uprising before announcing the Ultimate Hunger Games, in which he will part-take in himself for the Capitol.
    Gives no info on powers for Snow

Cato: Capitol Bodyguard. Cato can protect a player each night from both attacks and peeks.
    I'm reading this as "a player" singular

Caesar Flickerman: Each night, Caesar can block a player's power, if they have any. However, he can't block President Alma Coin.

Seems straightforward

Seneca Crane: Was the Head Gamemaker during the 74th Hunger Games. 
    Snow told Katniss he had him executed for letting both her and Peeta live by locking him in a room containing poisonous nightlock berries to consume. However, in reality, he was banished from the Capitol and given a new identity. Snow has now identified him as a key member of team Capitol as he knows a thing or two about the arena.
    No mention of a power yet

SERIAL KILLER

President Alma Coin: Was the leader of District 13. She has a special dislike of Katniss and mentioned that Katniss is more useful to her dead than alive. It is also revealed that she wanted Peeta rescued from the Third Quarter Quell, not Katniss. During the rebellion on Capitol, Coin deliberately placed Peeta in Katniss's squad to endanger Katniss's life, which Snow had warned about for he and Coin had been political rivals. Coin's brutal tactics to overthrow Snow, has lead to her being banished from the districts. She will now stop at nothing to take control of all of Panem.

I can't get anything out of that

PLEASE NOTE 
    All players have at least one backroom. 
    The mods may have secrets not mentioned here. 
    Sponsors will view the game from the new Interactive Dead Room, where they will gift players during the game.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Wow, just been playing catch up, wasn't expecting that level of posting nor the drama! FWIW I'd say the Clodagh tantrum was genuine but still doesnt clear her one way or the other, like everyone else.

From the kills, low posters with no substance removed. I find that odd that both the SK and the wolves would both go like that! If wolves are low posters, removing the low posters is a bizarre tactic IMO

Angus WW wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I don't think you're a wolf Conor and I'm not voting for you tonight, but I'd happily lynch you just for that incredibly sexist comment.

That was meant in jest because Clodagh was taking offence at being called a she when he's a he. Taking the p!ss out of that only. This is the most gender neutral game going, I'm too different genders in this game FFS.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Sure for old times sake:

FFA1

Suspicious that I can’t spend all day online? Your reasons are your reasons I suppose

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Don't forget the hashtag #FFA1

Eva - lack of substance in their posting and now hiding in the shrubbery
    Conor - don't like his attitude, all his posts are laser focused on one target and that's not good for the village

That's all I got for now

Meh, fair enough, posted a few times yesterday shooting the breeze and work early today! I've loads of time to make an impact on you Gab, I'll have to read back but one or two parroted you on your assessment of me, they'd interest me more than you

Eva WW wrote: »
    Wow, just been playing catch up, wasn't expecting that level of posting nor the drama! FWIW I'd say the Clodagh tantrum was genuine but still doesnt clear her one way or the other, like everyone else.

From the kills, low posters with no substance removed. I find that odd that both the SK and the wolves would both go like that! If wolves are low posters, removing the low posters is a bizarre tactic IMO

Lol Abi had more relevant posts than your entire ISO thus far.

• Advertisement

Lock Clear
    Me

Village
    Conor
    Liam
    Clodagh
    Phil

Everyone else

Gertie
    Oisin
    Holly
    Wolfy

@Dandy & Co - got your message. One way or the other.

Feel like I'm stuck in the middle of my parents' horrible divorce all over again. Can't we all just get along?

My nausia is only getting worse. Can anyone recommend some sort of medicine or drugs or old wives tale remedy that helps with that? I'm on antibiotics too so nothing that can interfere with them preferably :(

Phil WW wrote: »
    Feel like I'm stuck in the middle of my parents' horrible divorce all over again. Can't we all just get along?

My nausia is only getting worse. Can anyone recommend some sort of medicine or drugs or old wives tale remedy that helps with that? I'm on antibiotics too so nothing that can interfere with them preferably :(

Immodium good for upset stomach. You would need to check no contraindications with a pharmacist though.

So Mary's posts...

Mary WW wrote: »
    Soft start, what. Checking in. Hello

Nothing here, an opening hello... meh.
    Mary WW wrote: »
    Ah, don't!

Responding to Clodagh.

More than likely it's either a rolehunting kill or a RNG one (an SK has done this before), IMO.

As i say, the only reason to vote her is if you think they are a wolf, tbh.

If you dont think they are a wolf and vote for them for any reason, i dont think you are helping the village. Not only are you killing someone you dont think is a wolf, but you are potentially stopping us lynching a wolf elsewhere.

So do you think Clodagh is a wolf Gertie?

I’m not sure what Clodagh is and if people want to close the book on that topic I’m ok with it. But if it keeps coming up we have to deal with it one way or another.

I’ve had meltdowns before so can empathize so I can only share honestly what I think. It might be wolfy to suggest you lynch somebody who might be a villager telling the truth but it’s equally wolfy and dangerous to let things go and hope it self resolves Learned that the hard way in the last village when my instincts were right but I let logic With a blind spot over rule them. If there is one night when lynching an NRV is least costly to the village it’s night 1.

That said, my instinct is that Clodagh is prob telling the truth. I would not be overly excited if it was all a tactical misdirect attempt TBH.

Phil WW wrote: »

LSD and a trip on the top deck of a bus could help.

So Mary's posts...

Nothing here, an opening hello... meh.

Responding to Clodagh.

More than likely it's either a rolehunting kill or a RNG one (an SK has done this before), IMO.

What's RNG?

Random Number Generator, Doris

Desmond WW wrote: »
    LSD and a trip on the top deck of a bus could help.

I get travel sick too. Lucky me aye?

• Advertisement
Advertisement