Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - The Hunger Games

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Do we not know Gertie is Gale?

We'll know after a lynch though...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

We know gertrude is potentially gale, with no counter claims. We also don't know if she was in fact converted from good to bad.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

I kinda wish I had axed Liam. Clearing up the day1 wagons would have been much better for information and an axe towards Conor, Jake, Liam would have been much better information wise

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Do we not know Gertie is Gale?

Oh, well blame me for not being caught up lol

Angus WW wrote: »
    Yup. And frank's musings.

He thought my first read made me a paranoid villager. :( True enough though...

So it's a regular backroom with mod posts saying who the deaths are And you can post in it?

Assuming then the wolves have a priest, they would be in that same room and also see frank's musings?

Are you using your on-thread name when you're in there or do you have an alias?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Where’s Barbara?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Likewise with my response. Sorry. We all know how hard it is to walk away from the keyboard.

We all do indeed Henry, I most certainly know that feeling and can relate.

Speaking of which, I really have to get a few hours sleep and then do some work.

Village - I am legit and likely doomed tomorrow at munch since I protected myself today. I'll get back in for a lynch vote before tonight and then hopefully get a few hours to do some reading. In the words of someone else - Catch a wolf, kill a wolf, so my vote is on Gertrude.

Sorry I can't be of more use today, but I'm seeing shapes on the wall in front of me here with the tiredness.

Phil WW wrote: »
    So it's a regular backroom with mod posts saying who the deaths are And you can post in it?

Assuming then the wolves have a priest, they would be in that same room and also see frank's musings?

I've not posted, but presumably have the same name as I'm logged in as the same name as my background.

So... if a wolf could view the backroom then they'd know the alias of the priest (but not their online name). BUT the only person who has suggested that is Babs, and since I know she was lying about being a priest (since Frank was priest), I'm not buying it. You know that Frank was telling the truth about SK dying too, so that should prove to you all that he was priest.

If we had a majority vote by 2 would we go for a speed day, munch at 5/6 and back to lunch at 9?

I really do have to go, but I've put in my vote for Gertrude - happy to go with majority lynch if mods will allow.

• Advertisement

I've not posted, but presumably have the same name as I'm logged in as the same name as my background.

So... if a wolf could view the backroom then they'd know the alias of the priest (but not their online name). BUT the only person who has suggested that is Babs, and since I know she was lying about being a priest (since Frank was priest), I'm not buying it. You know that Frank was telling the truth about SK dying too, so that should prove to you all that he was priest.

When did babs say she was a priest?

When did babs say she was a priest?

Henry claimed she put a cryptic message in the backroom and it suggested someone else could see the deadroom.

Babs would have to be suggesting she was priest - if she was village, how else could she know. I think it was a desperate wolfy play.

Sometime before lynch.

Henry claimed she put a cryptic message in the backroom and it suggested someone else could see the deadroom.

Babs would have to be suggesting she was priest - if she was village, how else could she know. I think it was a desperate wolfy play.

Sometime before lynch.

*munch I meant

Fair enough. Could she be wolf priest then?

Sorry I know you've to go, anyone else care to weigh in?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Right so ive painstakenly re-written this from the BR. Liam can confirm its more or less what was said.

Its a riddle, so its hard to paraphrase a riddle.

Babs posted some songs last night

And then posted a link to Taylor Swifts YouTube page in our BR.

He then posted something like this:

Message 1:

The artist DieAntwoord is victorious after Tay Tay and that is all i can mention except Delores O Riordan's band, you two shall have to figure it out after that.

It was (synonym of enjoyable) in this (synonym of planet) going through the messages i received from deities, but (home store & more slogan).

After that, he posted what i am assuming is a word jumble, which i have re-typed and re-jumbled

Message 2:

people 2 me or have powers not to in see trust see dead that room

So; my analysis of that. I put on my devils advocate hat this morning and assumed Babs was on the level. I think he is hinting at being the priest, and that more than 1 person can see the priest room.

The songs and accompanying riddle, from what i can see, translate to 'The answer wins after Taylor swift; youll miss me when im gone'. The bits in red are the bits i have no clue about.

Id have to assume there is a reason Babs cant just come out and say whatever it is they want to say. Is there a power that would stop her? Or is it something evil?

Further analysis: Taking off my devils advocate hat, if the wolves have managed to claim priest through Frank, kill off almost every role and then claim those roles to no counters, then thats amazing and i dont know if there is much i can do to counter that. I also think its about as likely as how good things currently seem to be going for the village.

So on balance, i have to read Babs postings in our BR as nonsense and a distraction. If she was roled, she would have come out before now, i think.

Here is the post in question re: Babs.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Fair enough. Could she be wolf priest then?

Sorry I know you've to go, anyone else care to weigh in?

If we believe Eva was a wolf (which we have to because Frank was correct about the SK), why would Eva claim priest if she knew the priest was still alive?

Why are we assuming the wolves have a priest, when that basic faux pas would show its highly unlikely?

Yeah i think someone is a wolf priest anyways. Or its all made up to try shade Franko.

Jake WW wrote: »
    If we believe Eva was a wolf (which we have to because Frank was correct about the SK), why would Eva claim priest if she knew the priest was still alive?

Why are we assuming the wolves have a priest, when that basic faux pas would show its highly unlikely?

To get him to come out. Seer was dead (and assuming they have a wolf priest, they know that). Get the priest out and village is blind.

Are there any characters missing from the game that might fit a wolf priest?

Gertrude, I know you've RL stuff going on. but likelyhood is that you're gone tonight.

You were one of my most solid village reads and I trusted your posts a lot. So if you haven't converted, would you mind getting in one last post of substance if you have time?

Jake WW wrote: »

Fair points. thanks for the input. I'm just spitballing trying to paint as much of a clear picture for myself as I can.

• Advertisement

To get him to come out. Seer was dead (and assuming they have a wolf priest, they know that). Get the priest out and village is blind.

Are there any characters missing from the game that might fit a wolf priest?

Also fair point! I need some more experience in these games to get to the point where I can think like this.

TBH, our main source of info at the moment is Angus, an unverified app priest.

I dont think we have any way of verifying him, nor the info he gives us.

We are essentially blind in terms of confirming our lynches and the munches, going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

tumblr_ps41t5J2ON1w1iw5yo1_1280.jpg

We are planning have a majority lynch today. This means that if at any stage prior to 3pm one player has a majority of the lynch votes they will be lynched and the phase will be over. Then there will be a munch at 4pm, followed by a lynch at 9pm. If a majority is not reached by that time then the phase will continue until the lynch at 9pm (and there will be no 4pm munch).

Please thank this post if you are okay with it.

Wendy - Katniss
    Doris - Peeta
    Brendan - BG
    Angus - Apprentice Priest
    |
    Liam - RV? Has trap???
    Gertrude - Gayle (possible wolf convert)
    |
    Barbara - Wounded
    |
    Henry
    Phil - 40Pockets
    Conor
    Jake

Riona

I'm gonna keep posting this because it helps me keep track of who's still alive.

Liam's role and whether or not he has a trap are still open questions.

Gertrude converting to wolf is still an open question.

For me at the moment, I'm happy to go gertrude for lynch if the majority are for that. otherwise my next step is one of the blacks, so Henry, Conor, Jake or Riona.

If there is a consensus on killing one of us 5 NRVs, lets do it with Liams trap.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

I'm no good with working out the numbers - can someone work out how many mis lynches we can afford?

Gonna stick in a vote for Gertie now.

Like its essentially an extra village lynch that removes that question mark over Liam.

I'm gonna google liam's character now. Hopefully i can find something useful

Doris WW wrote: »
    I'm no good with working out the numbers - can someone work out how many mis lynches we can afford?

Gonna stick in a vote for Gertie now.

Well we think there are 3 wolves at the mo.

9 v 3
    Babs dies (assume she is village)
    8v3
    Gertie lynched and is wolf
    8v2
    munch
    7v2
    Trap on NRV
    6v2
    mislynch
    5v2
    munch
    4v2
    mislynch
    3v2
    Munch
    2v2 - wolves win

2 mislynches if we use the trap. 3 if you could the trap as a pseudo lynch.

OR

9 v 3
    Babs dies (assume she is wolf)
    9v2
    Gertie lynched and is wolf
    9v1
    munch
    8v1
    Trap on NRV
    7v1
    mislynch
    6v1
    munch
    5v1
    mislynch
    4v1
    Munch
    3v1
    Mislynch
    2v1
    Munch
    1v1 - wolves win

3 mislynches if we use the trap. 4 if you could the trap as a pseudo lynch.

If Gertie isnt a wolf, we have fewer than the above. But if she isnt a wolf, we wont know about it.

• Advertisement

Like its essentially an extra village lynch that removes that question mark over Liam.
    I don’t agree with that. It’s not a lynch, it’s nearly a munch cause a wolf won’t go for it.

Unless all NRV agreed to go with an unofficial lynch vote, then it would be a lynch. I’m happy with that but there’s no sign of Riona for that plan

Advertisement