Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Werewolf - The Hunger Games

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Lol Abi had more relevant posts than your entire ISO thus far.

Fair point! I love when adults use Lol btw, well done you

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

I literally can’t argue with that, your opinion is your own mein freund.
    Henry WW wrote: »

Gertie
    Oisin
    Holly
    Wolfy

Again, I literally can’t defend an insinuation with no actual reasoning given. If you keep posting my name I’m sure eventually people will convince themselves that it must have some merit.....

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Eva WW wrote: »

lol :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Again, I literally can’t defend an insinuation with no actual reasoning given. If you keep posting my name I’m sure eventually people will convince themselves that it must have some merit.....

See below.
    I’m not sure what Clodagh is and if people want to close the book on that topic I’m ok with it. But if it keeps coming up we have to deal with it one way or another.

I’ve had meltdowns before so can empathize so I can only share honestly what I think. It might be wolfy to suggest you lynch somebody who might be a villager telling the truth but it’s equally wolfy and dangerous to let things go and hope it self resolves Learned that the hard way in the last village when my instincts were right but I let logic With a blind spot over rule them. If there is one night when lynching an NRV is least costly to the village it’s night 1.

That said, my instinct is that Clodagh is prob telling the truth. I would not be overly excited if it was all a tactical misdirect attempt TBH.

Are you going to answer my question or not?

Do you think Clodagh is a wolf or not?

Because the above doesnt answer it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Feels a bit tense in here, are we all ok? Let "attack the post not the poster" guide us as we play.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Ok, Desmond's ISO.

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Evening all.

Nice to see that accusations are flying already Never change, game. Never change :D

Wendy found this post wolfy - can't say I see it, but I decided to dig deeper just for her...
    Is this secret malarkey a trick? Why are you saying that Henry?

I could have ignored it but then I’m wondering are we supposed to be talking about it.

Few others have mentioned tasks too. It doesn’t say there are no tasks so presume there are?
    Why did you post you have a secret?
    Henry, do you mind us talking about your secret or would you prefer we shut up?

Dessie's next 4 posts are about the secret. He seems awfully keen to find out what this secret is.
    A little bit wolfy if I'm honest.
    Sheep is over

Meh.
    Why has nobody else not commented on Conor’s post above? Who is this “you” you’re talking about Conor? Shouldn’t it be “we”?

Jake, did he reply to you about this?

#vote conor

Dessie calls out Conor - is there any follow up to this? Let's see....
    I don’t get it. Does Crane show up good? What’s the purpose of drawing heat in order to get peeked?

Mechanics, meh. Fair question though.
    Haha, silly billy.

Meh.
    What you on about Clodes? Why wouldn't you vote and if someone revealed a good role why would you vote them? You are not making things easy here.

How many players in your district have said who they are. I'm not looking for names to be posted here just an idea if you're on a solo mission.

Now turns to Clodagh-babe in response to her stating she won't vote. Genuine question, not really alignment indicative though.
    Is there a specific part of my OP that you don't like, Wendy?

Responds to Wendy, I'm also interested in the answer to this.
    Think everyone needs to step back, take a few deep breaths and refocus.

We are looking for more than one evil in this game and i'm going to move on from the cluster**** of the last few pages.

Peacemaker extraordinaire. Could see him doing this as wolf or village so NAI.

Overall - nothing to hang him on yet anyways. The poking about the secret is kinda wolfy though.

No village core for Desmond just yet anyways.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    I'm gonna quote this again as my vote is on Fiona for now and I gotta go for a while. Clodagh is too chaotic to lynch right now, maybe give some time and see what happens. If they're RV then a Munch might do the job for us anyway.

Very elaborate reasoning, but on the other hand I can't really counter it other than to say it's wrong, so that's fair enough

Eva WW wrote: »

Oooh non game related sass :D

Keep it up, that'll really take you off my suspect list. ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Oooh non game related sass :D

Keep it up, that'll really take you off my suspect list. ;)

We all wanna be on a list Gab, it makes us somewhat relevant! But yeah as per Riona, I'll play the ball, not the man :)

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Now then let's have a look at what happened. Really clodagh throwing the toys out because people go against you, no argument. Vested interest in dying, trying to throw heat off someone?

I don't buy this BTW, theres been no heat on anyone

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

@Dandy & Co - got your message. One way or the other.

What does this mean?

Are you going to answer my question or not?

Do you think Clodagh is a wolf or not?

Because the above doesnt answer it.

Do you read my posts or have you decided to target me for some reason?
    I’m not sure what Clodagh is and if people want to close the book on that topic I’m ok with it. But if it keeps coming up we have to deal with it one way or another.

I’ve had meltdowns before so can empathize so I can only share honestly what I think. It might be wolfy to suggest you lynch somebody who might be a villager telling the truth but it’s equally wolfy and dangerous to let things go and hope it self resolves Learned that the hard way in the last village when my instincts were right but I let logic With a blind spot over rule them. If there is one night when lynching an NRV is least costly to the village it’s night one.

That said, my instinct is that Clodagh is prob telling the truth. I would not be overly excited if it was all a tactical misdirect attempt TBH.

I’ve answered the question, now tell me why you think I’m bad? Perhaps you are you are a wolf looking to make me out to be bad for “clearly wanting a villager lynched?”. Is that where this is going?

Wolves can miss evidence that actually backs up people they are going after. You missed me answering your question and where I a panicked villager I might of struggled to clarify it.

Maybe we should stay close to one another for awhile.....

i-mean-you-too_o_903638.gif

Conor WW wrote: »
    What does this mean?

It means i think there is a message out on thread from Dandy & Co and i think i got it.

It either means they are good or bad - i cant tell. But for now im happy to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Do you read my posts or have you decided to target me for some reason?

I’ve answered the question, now tell me why you think I’m bad? Perhaps you are you are a wolf looking to make me out to be bad for “clearly wanting a villager lynched?”. Is that where this is going?

Wolves can miss evidence that actually backs up people they are going after. You missed me answering your question and where I a panicked villager I might of struggled to clarify it.

Maybe we should stay close to one another for awhile.....

i-mean-you-too_o_903638.gif

It doesnt answer it though. What you have said is 'i think they are a villager but i wouldnt be surprised if they are a wolf. Pure fluff.

Yo Dessie, where'd you go....

:thinking:

• Advertisement

It means i think there is a message out on thread from Dandy & Co and i think i got it.

It either means they are good or bad - i cant tell. But for now im happy to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Who is 'Co'... I haven't seen anything stand out as being teamy.

Also, why are people taking their word for it that they are dandy. It's irrelevant to the game anyways.

Right so ive discussed it with them, and they are happy for me to step forward and represent district 12.

There are *some* of us in a D12 backroom. Im not happy telling you how many yet.

We dont know who each other are (well they know who i am on thread), but we can chat away about the game back there.

We dont know we are all good. There could be a wolf or SK in our midst. We arent sure.

They wanted me to step forward as a rep for our district room.

Since the rules dont state we cant talk about our backrooms, there you go.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Someone want to ELI5 "Dandy"?

I checked OP and can't find anything....

Jake WW wrote: »
    Someone want to ELI5 "Dandy"?

What does this mean?

It doesnt answer it though. What you have said is 'i think they are a villager but i wouldnt be surprised if they are a wolf. Pure fluff.

My instinct is telling me clodagh is telling the truth. If she’s telling the truth she’s an NRV. Are you reading my posts in Wingdings ?

• Advertisement

My instinct is telling me clodagh is telling the truth. If she’s telling the truth she’s an NRV. Are you reading my posts in Wingdings ?

Im fluent in wingdings, thank you very much.

The above is different to what you said before. Backtrack all you want - it just is.

Phil WW wrote: »
    What does this mean?

"Explain like I'm 5".

I've seen "Dandy" referred to a few times, but can't find any reference to it in the OP, so feel like I'm missing something obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

tumblr_ps41t5J2ON1w1iw5yo1_1280.jpg

Could we please have no more discussions about PMs? If anyone is unsure as to whether they are going too far please check with one of the mods, as per rule 5.
    sullivlo wrote: »
    5. All players will receive PMs, please no copying and pasting of PMs that we send you, nor will you be allowed copy and paste anything from any backroom you may or may not have. If you want to discuss the content of a PM with the village, please discuss it with the Mods first before discussing any PMs on thread.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

"Explain like I'm 5".

I've seen "Dandy" referred to a few times, but can't find any reference to it in the OP, so feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Dandy is short for DublinAndy2 - one of the players

Right so ive discussed it with them, and they are happy for me to step forward and represent district 12.

There are *some* of us in a D12 backroom. Im not happy telling you how many yet.

We dont know who each other are (well they know who i am on thread), but we can chat away about the game back there.

We dont know we are all good. There could be a wolf or SK in our midst. We arent sure.

They wanted me to step forward as a rep for our district room.

Since the rules dont state we cant talk about our backrooms, there you go.

Well I mean....
    All players have at least one backroom.

So that was pretty apparent anyways yeah?

Pretty sure all players are in different district backrooms irrespective of alignment, not sure what that can tell us though.
    Or that was my take from the situation.

Well I mean....

Pretty sure all players are in different district backrooms irrespective of alignment, not sure what that can tell us though.

That's interesting

Well I mean....

I think we can take it that D12 is the district of the "Not so bights" :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

@gabriel

Thanks for the iso of me
    With regards to Henry’s secret you will see that I asked him a few questions but they were all just wondering could he say what it is or should we discuss it. Based on his answers, I moved on. Never once said tell us your secret just trying to work out were we meant to do something with his statement.

With regards to Conor, I’ve still got my vote on him right now. His “you lot” comment was made an hour before munch and was in response dead players becoming the sponsors. It’s always we, never you, as far as I’m concerned. Unless you’re not part of the bigger us/we group.
    Then Henry picks up on Clodagh’s post, acknowledge immediately by Phil. Conor brings it up later. Now bear in mind this mod post yesterday...
    Kolido wrote: »
    MOD NOTE

A list of anon accs playing will be added to the OP shortly.

Also please note that NRVs are referred to as NRV in PMs

Could Conor have taken advantage of this knowledge? Right now I don’t really know but the mess since doesn’t fill me with confidence. I’m definitely not clearing him yet.

I think we can take it that D12 is the district of the "Not so bights" :pac:

Lol love the misspelling as you call me dim.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Yo Dessie, where'd you go....

:thinking:

Boo!

• Advertisement

Im fluent in wingdings, thank you very much.

The above is different to what you said before. Backtrack all you want - it just is.

No it’s exactly what I said...
    That said, my instinct is that Clodagh is prob telling the truth..

How am I backtracking?

I’m generally lazy but when you accuse me of something you better make sure it makes sense or adds up. You have clearly accused me of something that is a big lie.

I answered your question and you kept lieing about it. You are either a villager who didn’t really read my response or you are a lazy wolf hoping that you can just fake news a narrative about me... Come on so, let’s be avving you.

giphy.gif

This is what you said. You cut out the bit that hedges your bets, handily enough.

Please allow me to break it down for you.

"That said, my instinct is that Clodagh is prob telling the truth."

Instinct says she is village.

"I would not be overly excited if it was all a tactical misdirect attempt TBH."

But they could also be a wolf.

That's interesting

What I mean Henry is that I'm not sure what we can take from it yet.

Although if there are some busy bees in a backroom and not on thread that would be suspicious, yes?

What I mean Henry is that I'm not sure what we can take from it yet.

Although if there are some busy bees in a backroom and not on thread that would be suspicious, yes?

Its ok Gabe. You have given me some info and ill explain to the lads in the BR what i think it means.

Lol love the misspelling as you call me dim.

giphy.gif

Its ok Gabe. You have given me some info and ill explain to the lads in the BR what i think it means.

You do what you gotta do Henry the Hoover.

I just don't think there's any information we can garner from it, aside from taking a lot of the discussion off the game thread

I think you are wrong :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Okay Henry, are you sure that your backroom is all village?

I'm not sure why you'd be discussing things in the backroom rather than on-thread? If someone dies, we don't then have the full information on why they were targeted - everyone in your backroom knows who you are and any wolves in your backroom can use your backroom info to target you... Do you trust your backroom that much?

I think you are wrong :)

I know I'm right - you can't trust anyone in there unless they've revealed their roles and game name, and that's way too risky given the likelihood of evils being among the districts.

IMO anyways.

Your secret is exposed, it's why I wasn't interested in the cryptic nonsense last night and just went to bed - it won't help us solve the game

• Advertisement

We've been derailed. I'd like to hear more about the gifts and the trap!.

Who's been trapped? Why were they trapped? The very idea of a trap means that they can likely escape somehow. If so, how do they escape? And do we want them to?

What are the gifts for? Who was given them? Was it one person who got them or two? Were they given to the good side or the bad side, or both?

Could the trap and the gifts interact? My gut tells me they do.

I'd like to again, bring up the fact that we've been derailed. This is some of the only actual solid information we've received during this game, and nobody wants to discuss it.

This is what you said. You cut out the bit that hedges your bets, handily enough.

Please allow me to break it down for you.

"That said, my instinct is that Clodagh is prob telling the truth."

Instinct says she is village.

"I would not be overly excited if it was all a tactical misdirect attempt TBH."

But they could also be a wolf.

That’s not hedging my bets , it’s just an honest appraisal clarifying why my instinct is that they are telling the truth. If they aren’t telling the truth it’s not in the spirit of the game IMO.

I stand by the point that night 1 is a crap shoot unless we have a consensus target. Helps wolves push out who they see as a threat , I’ve seen games where they all blocked vote one person on night 1. Maybe it’s unfair to say “choose clodagh if we don’t have any clear alternatives” but it’s a fair strategy to propose if nobody else has any village safe alternative.

Angus WW wrote: »
    Okay Henry, are you sure that your backroom is all village?

I'm not sure why you'd be discussing things in the backroom rather than on-thread? If someone dies, we don't then have the full information on why they were targeted - everyone in your backroom knows who you are and any wolves in your backroom can use your backroom info to target you... Do you trust your backroom that much?

I trust them somewhat. I dont think they are all wolves. So there may be 1 in here. Doubtful there is more, imo. So on the basis that only 1 may be a wolf, 1 of the others can fill you in. Plus, im NRV, so my only use in this game is to draw a munch or act as a messenger for my room.
    I know I'm right - you can't trust anyone in there unless they've revealed their roles and game name, and that's way too risky given the likelihood of evils being among the districts.

IMO anyways.

Your secret is exposed, it's why I wasn't interested in the cryptic nonsense last night and just went to bed - it won't help us solve the game

You said you dont think there is info to be garnered. Well forgive me but maybe on the topic of the BRs i know a little more than you?

I'd like to again, bring up the fact that we've been derailed. This is some of the only actual solid information we've received during this game, and nobody wants to discuss it.

What do you think the trapping means Phil? I've got no opinion right now as I don't have any information other than

'A player has been trapped'

I trust them somewhat. I dont think they are all wolves. So there may be 1 in here. Doubtful there is more, imo. So on the basis that only 1 may be a wolf, 1 of the others can fill you in. Plus, im NRV, so my only use in this game is to draw a munch or act as a messenger for my room.

You said you dont think there is info to be garnered. Well forgive me but maybe on the topic of the BRs i know a little more than you?

Wouldn't say that, I'm in a district backroom too.

Just not saying which one.

We dont have the info to discuss it beyond what we have done, Phil.

• Advertisement

Well I mean....

Really?

Like it might not be just a select few who are in these district backrooms? I’d love to hear your theory on these backrooms.

Wouldn't say that, I'm in a district backroom too.

Just not saying which one.

Okie doke!

What do you think the trapping means Phil? I've got no opinion right now as I don't have any information other than

'A player has been trapped'

I don't know, which is why I want a discussion on it. It's obviously vital information, otherwise why would the mods bother having it in the game and making a clear announcement about it.

Really?

Like it might not be just a select few who are in these district backrooms? I’d love to hear your theory on these backrooms.

3 districts mentioned in the OP.

24 players on the player list.

8 per backroom.

Pretty obvious no?

Really?

I'd imagine most of the backrooms would have discussed the OP which outlines the number of remaining districts, and says every player has at least one backroom (which would include NRVs).

• Advertisement
Advertisement