Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Werewolf - The Hunger Games

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    I don't know, which is why I want a discussion on it. It's obviously vital information, otherwise why would the mods bother having it in the game and making a clear announcement about it.

Usually with these things its so a player can go later in the game 'oh yeah that was me that was trapped' but its not always the case that we can solve the puzzle with new info as it comes up.

Fact of the matter is noone has perfect info in this game. Village is fragmented, and even the wolves have to figure out who the sk is (and vice versa).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Okie doke!

Yup.

Literally the only way you're going to glean info from these backrooms is to have people say on thread their district.

Then you can figure who's been hiding.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    3 districts mentioned in the OP.

24 players on the player list.

8 per backroom.

Pretty obvious no?

That’s what I thought....
    8 x 3 = 24 players?!

So why didn’t you chime in on my discussion with Henry?

A paranoid me would think maybe you and Henry concocted some plan to use this as a wolf strategy to lead the village to ruins..

But I’m hungry, haven’t had lunch yet and probably am not thinking straight due to low blood sugars.

Yup.

Literally the only way you're going to glean info from these backrooms is to have people say on thread their district.

Then you can figure who's been hiding.

That would certainly be lovely info to have at some stage, but not yet.

There is other info to be had. Im currently mining it.

That’s what I thought....

So why didn’t you chime in on my discussion with Henry?

A paranoid me would think maybe you and Henry concocted some plan to use this as a wolf strategy to lead the village to ruins..

But I’m hungry, haven’t had lunch yet and probably am not thinking straight due to low blood sugars.

Truth be told Gertie I missed your post :o

I've been debating the merits of having everyone reveal their district internally all day.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

This being a spokesperson for the district is going over my head. What’s the purpose of it as there’s bound to be bad aswell as good in the districts?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

8 per backroom.

Pretty obvious no?

The OP says three districts and the Capitol

Desmond WW wrote: »
    This being a spokesperson for the district is going over my head. What’s the purpose of it as there’s bound to be bad aswell as good in the districts?

Henry is at his cryptic thing again, it's annoying if he's actually a villager tbh.

How do villages win games?

Information.

Not by hiding it in some district backroom.

Conor WW wrote: »

The Capitol being the wolves lair, imo.

Truth be told Gertie I missed your post :o

I've been debating the merits of having everyone reveal their district internally all day.

I don’t get the idea of these BRs other then a place people can trip themselves up.

• Advertisement

I honestly dont know where its going to go yet. But im putting it out there as it seems to be semi-out in the open anyway and the village needs info.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

8 per backroom.

Pretty obvious no?

I'm not sure on that unless some people can confirm there is 8 in one of them? Would the capitol have it's own backroom maybe? Doubtful cause I find it hard to imagine there isn't a wolf and/or sk in the backrooms of the districts.

8 makes sense but I haven't seen 8 post yet! I think it's strange to have picked a representative tbh, unless you've something to say and you entirely trust your backroom but at this point it seems strange to me!

Be mad if basically the three districts were full of villagers and maybe the SK can float between them?!

ISO overview

Mary - 2 posts, has said nothing - pass for now
    Barbara - 2 posts, has said nothing - pass for now
    Brendan - 3 posts - questioned mod secrets, nothing since
    Abigail - 6 posts - calls out Phil and Fiona lightly enough
    Wendy - 8 posts - Clears Gabriel and calls out Des for his opening post - suss for now
    Angus - 9 posts - fluff followed by commentary on the two wolves munched - suss for now
    Eva - 10 posts - fluff apart from to counter Gabriel having her on his FFA - meh
    Frank - 12 posts - mostly fluff but his fluff comes across as good fluff if that makes sense - leaning village
    Tegan - 13 posts - comments on low posters and queries a few things - slightly leaning wolf but its just a feel
    Dessie - 13 posts - generally just comments on stuff - neutral
    Liam - 13 posts of absolute nonsense - leaning wolf just cause
    Holly - 16 posts - seems to say she'll vote for Clodagh, i can see why - has me pocketed for now
    Jake - 17 posts - nothing concrete yet but definitely gives the impression of a no nonsense villager trying to figure things out - village for me
    Oisin - 19 posts - accused straight out the gap by Clodagh and defended himself as you'd expect - neutral for now
    Fiona - 20 posts - points out a very useful bit about Alma Coins powers. Serial killer gif at the start I'm willing to overlook. Very concrete in her posts since then, I like her a lot. Her last post I don't like, no real defence of herself. - Village for now
    Riona - 22 posts - points out Seneca could appear as village on first peek. Comes up with a theory on Fiona and Seneca that I don't buy, it makes no sense to me. Bit of commentary around Clodagh situation - think both her and Fiona could be village or linked
    Gertie - 30 posts - obviously an experienced player, hard to read, seeming helpful without every getting defensive - slight wolf lean for now
    Clodagh - 51 posts - Calls out Oisin as 82.3% SK or wolf. Rows back on it later. Then it descends into this mornings row. She does talk about tasks a lot.
    A theory could be that Clodagh was given a task but also knows Oisin was given one too, thus assuming Oisin was a baddie?
    I think without Clodagh here to defend herself we have to assume she is bad but I as I proposed earlier I don't see any harm in leaving it for a night. I also don't think there'll be a mod kill as theres a vote in already
    Phil - 54 posts - bit of mindless interaction with Liam. Talks to Henry about his secret. After that I'm firmly in his pocket over the Clodagh stuff. Seems to want to move off it again which is a good idea
    Gabriel - 67 posts - Has me on his FFA. Interacts with Clodagh on her Oisin accusation, not in a positive way but then jumps in to defend her the next morning. Votes for Eva. - Possibly linked to Clodagh - neutral for now
    Henry - Some very strange posting around secrets and BRs and messages left for Clodagh. I'd like some clarity. But did spot the same thing as me in Clodaghs post. Village

#FFA1
    Wendy
    Tegan
    Clodagh

Be mad if basically the three districts were full of villagers and maybe the SK can float between them?!

Welll....

It does say that Coin set up the comms? So maybe there's merit to that theory?
    Before the start of the games, Alma Coin infiltrated the Capitol Central Control and uploaded a bug into the computer system. She found a way to join the game herself and in the process, deleted the tribute's information and signed them random districts to help her hide more easily. She also setup an ad-hoc communication channel to keep her immune from any power blocking and seer peeks.

I was just about to post that. But Alma peeks good, her powers can’t be blocked AND could know if everyone gave up their role, who was village and who was wolf?

Really?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Somewhere in one of the districts has to be a double agent. If the wolf team successfully identify or munch them or something along those lines they get access to the wolves lair. I'd not be in favour of outing who you are in brs. Unless you can back up your claim with some real proof

@gabriel

Thanks for the iso of me
    With regards to Henry’s secret you will see that I asked him a few questions but they were all just wondering could he say what it is or should we discuss it. Based on his answers, I moved on. Never once said tell us your secret just trying to work out were we meant to do something with his statement.

With regards to Conor, I’ve still got my vote on him right now. His “you lot” comment was made an hour before munch and was in response dead players becoming the sponsors. It’s always we, never you, as far as I’m concerned. Unless you’re not part of the bigger us/we group.
    Then Henry picks up on Clodagh’s post, acknowledge immediately by Phil. Conor brings it up later. Now bear in mind this mod post yesterday...

Could Conor have taken advantage of this knowledge? Right now I don’t really know but the mess since doesn’t fill me with confidence. I’m definitely not clearing him yet.

Desmond, I explained that comment, a grammatical error while trying to say two things at once.
    I didn't spot what Kolido had said but it is true I could have picked up on that but I think people who are NRVs will recognise in my posts exactly what I was explaining.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

I was just about to post that. But Alma peeks good, her powers can’t be blocked AND could know if everyone gave up their role, who was village and who was wolf?

Really?

How do you know she peeks good?

• Advertisement

Holly WW wrote: »
    Somewhere in one of the districts has to be a double agent. If the wolf team successfully identify or munch them or something along those lines they get access to the wolves lair. I'd not be in favour of outing who you are in brs. Unless you can back up your claim with some real proof

It's still stupid to do it in BR if your not gonna do it on thread unless you know everyone is a villager. If your a seer then maybe that might be possible but sure they can't even be sure they are checking someone in their backroom. Role revealing on thread or the backroom is the same thing IMO

ISO overview

Wendy - 8 posts - Clears Gabriel and calls out Des for his opening post - suss for now
    Angus - 9 posts - fluff followed by commentary on the two wolves munched - suss for now
    Eva - 10 posts - fluff apart from to counter Gabriel having her on his FFA - meh
    Frank - 12 posts - mostly fluff but his fluff comes across as good fluff if that makes sense - leaning village
    Tegan - 13 posts - comments on low posters and queries a few things - slightly leaning wolf but its just a feel
    Holly - 16 posts - seems to say she'll vote for Clodagh, i can see why - has me pocketed for now
    Jake - 17 posts - nothing concrete yet but definitely gives the impression of a no nonsense villager trying to figure things out - village for me
    Oisin - 19 posts - accused straight out the gap by Clodagh and defended himself as you'd expect - neutral for now
    Fiona - 20 posts - points out a very useful bit about Alma Coins powers. Serial killer gif at the start I'm willing to overlook. Very concrete in her posts since then, I like her a lot. Her last post I don't like, no real defence of herself. - Village for now
    Riona - 22 posts - points out Seneca could appear as village on first peek. Comes up with a theory on Fiona and Seneca that I don't buy, it makes no sense to me. Bit of commentary around Clodagh situation - think both her and Fiona could be village or linked
    Gertie - 30 posts - obviously an experienced player, hard to read, seeming helpful without every getting defensive - slight wolf lean for now
    Clodagh - 51 posts - Calls out Oisin as 82.3% SK or wolf. Rows back on it later. Then it descends into this mornings row. She does talk about tasks a lot.
    A theory could be that Clodagh was given a task but also knows Oisin was given one too, thus assuming Oisin was a baddie?
    I think without Clodagh here to defend herself we have to assume she is bad but I as I proposed earlier I don't see any harm in leaving it for a night. I also don't think there'll be a mod kill as theres a vote in already
    Phil - 54 posts - bit of mindless interaction with Liam. Talks to Henry about his secret. After that I'm firmly in his pocket over the Clodagh stuff. Seems to want to move off it again which is a good idea
    Gabriel - 67 posts - Has me on his FFA. Interacts with Clodagh on her Oisin accusation, not in a positive way but then jumps in to defend her the next morning. Votes for Eva. - Possibly linked to Clodagh - neutral for now
    Henry - Some very strange posting around secrets and BRs and messages left for Clodagh. I'd like some clarity. But did spot the same thing as me in Clodaghs post. Village

#FFA1
    Wendy
    Tegan
    Clodagh

Firstly.

Mary and Abigail are dead.

Secondly... what does meh mean for Eva? You kinda wolf read her but then it's a meh??

Thirdly, we don't even see flips in this game and you're already putting me on Clodagh's team :pac:
    That's bonkers.

Wendy is suss for now but on the top of your FFA ahead of the person you want to kill?

Man this is a wolfy FFA

Riona WW wrote: »

It says in the OP she's immune to all power blocks and seer checks.

Riona WW wrote: »

From the OP

Before the start of the games, Alma Coin infiltrated the Capitol Central Control and uploaded a bug into the computer system. She found a way to join the game herself and in the process, deleted the tribute's information and signed them random districts to help her hide more easily. She also setup an ad-hoc communication channel to keep her immune from any power blocking and seer peeks

25 players signed up but 24 anon accounts. Unless someone dropped out how is this possible?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Awh, thanks.

It does make tonight a little awkward though.

• Advertisement

Really?

Maybe the SK is only in one district? Would still mean we have to find them.

Or is there one baddy in each district?

So we know of district 12, is there a bad character in the movies from that district?

Mad theory and I’m saying no before I type. Could alma only be posting in the districts?

Would be unfair though so saying no to that.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

25 players signed up but 24 anon accounts. Unless someone dropped out how is this possible?

Maybe someone was randomly assigned this character, and they are basically a ghost. Like they can't post anywhere but the wolf backroom but can read everything?

Maybe i'm out of my mind too. just spitballin

Mad theory and I’m saying no before I type. Could alma only be posting in the districts?

How though? I don't get how it would work?

Firstly.

Mary and Abigail are dead.

Secondly... what does meh mean for Eva? You kinda wolf read her but then it's a meh??

Thirdly, we don't even see flips in this game and you're already putting me on Clodagh's team :pac:
    That's bonkers.

Wendy is suss for now but on the top of your FFA ahead of the person you want to kill?

Man this is a wolfy FFA
    Firstly my FFA was done in the order of posters
    We have so little to go on, the only person I would go hard on is Clodagh.
    Just because we don't have a reveal doesn't mean you can't be on her team, you know that right? Not sure why it would be bonkers. These are my thoughts on players, so its better to have it out here if the priest does decide to reveal at any stage

Where did I say I wolf read Eva? She's meh, neutral for now

• Advertisement

This Alma Coin thing is a bit far fetched, if she's not active on boards how can she be peeked or power blocked! I'm so confused! I dont see it being viable at all

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Why are we referring to the backrooms as backrooms? I think chambers have a more hunger games feel to it. If anyone needs me I’ll be in the chamber? Yeah I’m more happy with that.

Henry I’m not happy to see myself on your ffa :( Is it really so unlikely that someone can’t be online 24/7? Can’t you just believe in me? Why must I feel like I’m always on the run in these games?! You lot are giving me a complex :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    This Alma Coin thing is a bit far fetched, if she's not active on boards how can she be peeked or power blocked! I'm so confused! I dont see it being viable at all

Fair points. I'm not sure. These crazy mods could come up with anything though.

Eva WW wrote: »
    How though? I don't get how it would work?

I don’t either. Which is why I was saying no. Couldn’t have a player only in the districts posting as we would never have opportunity to lynch a ghost!

Any idea on 25 players 24 anon accounts?

Easy to find, just look at the post history for the character not posting but making lynch votes. Or not posting but not getting mod killed for missing lynch votes.

Firstly my FFA was done in the order of posters
    We have so little to go on, the only person I would go hard on is Clodagh.
    Just because we don't have a reveal doesn't mean you can't be on her team, you know that right? Not sure why it would be bonkers. These are my thoughts on players, so its better to have it out here if the priest does decide to reveal at any stage

Where did I say I wolf read Eva? She's meh, neutral for now

So because I think Clodagh is a villager I'm automatically on her team :rolleyes:

Well then lock the game down cos you have Jake and Gertie saying the same thing.

Also I'll direct to your own words re: Eva:

And yet you FFA Tegan for

If we find that Eva is a wolf we should probably lynch you as well then.

Or Clodagh... who has made moves to abandon the game but no action seems to have been taken yet?

Jake WW wrote: »
    Awh, thanks.

It does make tonight a little awkward though.

It seems like there is a little bandwagon growing for me but before you and Dessie vote for me ask yourself if I was a wolf or the SK why would I go after Clodagh? I'd know if she was good, I'd want that sh!t to slide under the carpet so I could munch her without the BG protecting her. It would make zero sense.
    Theres no case for me highlighting it, unless its to get her lynched and I've specifically suggested we don't do that until tomorrow nite when we have more information

If I was a wolf I'd be sitting in my wolfy little lair saying feck all

Sk was leader of district 13 so there might be one of them.

I have a theory but TBH think it’s very dangerous to share on thread if it’s right. It could expose a lot of RVs.

I voted for you at 10.45am, Conor :D

• Advertisement

I don’t either. Which is why I was saying no. Couldn’t have a player only in the districts posting as we would never have opportunity to lynch a ghost!

Any idea on 25 players 24 anon accounts?

My only thought, again so far fetched it's not plausible is if at predetermined point she gets to take control of an account through a failed kill. Or actually possibly a hydra account with two people sharing. Anyone got multiple personalities in hunger games?

Either way, it's a rabbit hole without more info at this stage

So because I think Clodagh is a villager I'm automatically on her team :rolleyes:

Well then lock the game down cos you have Jake and Gertie saying the same thing.

Also I'll direct to your own words re: Eva:

And yet you FFA Tegan for

If we find that Eva is a wolf we should probably lynch you as well then.

I'm sorry I don't get your point

Am I not allowed think you and Clodagh are on a team? Are lots of us not allowed say that? What accusations are we allowed?
    If you give me a list I'll be sure to stick to the allotted ones. Is that the way the Capitol want to run things?

Theres a f**king rebellion on baby, you can't tell me what to do no more.

You're obviously misreading my read on Eva, I say she counters you having her on his FFA "fluff apart from to counter Gabriel having her on his FFA" - am I not allowed say that either? Just because you have her on your FAA I have to too?

So I have her as neutral, she's said nothing only countering you

And as I say for Tegan - its a feel for now.

As I've said previously we have very little to go on so these are my thoughts

I voted for you at 10.45am, Conor :D

I'll refer you to this post as to why that's a bad idea IMO

Hydra?

I'm sorry I don't get your point

Am I not allowed think you and Clodagh are on a team? Are lots of us not allowed say that? What accusations are we allowed?
    If you give me a list I'll be sure to stick to the allotted ones. Is that the way the Capitol want to run things?

Theres a f**king rebellion on baby, you can't tell me what to do no more.

You're obviously misreading my read on Eva, I say she counters you having her on his FFA "fluff apart from to counter Gabriel having her on his FFA" - am I not allowed say that either? Just because you have her on your FAA I have to too?

So I have her as neutral, she's said nothing only countering you

And as I say for Tegan - its a feel for now.

As I've said previously we have very little to go on so these are my thoughts

Point is it's way too early to be making player associations when we don't even have a dead wolf that we know of. (SK is irrelevant as they aren't teamed with anyone).

If a priest comes out later if or when Clodagh dies and reveals her as a wolf then is the time for associative reads.

This is how villages lose and get stuck in...

9tKx.gif

Find one wolf, kill em, move on. Then we can make some connections.

If you're village, of course.

People are allowed rattle whatever cages they want Gabe.

Ya but say I'm lynched tonite then that idea dies with me, much better to have it out here in the open IMO

People are allowed rattle whatever cages they want Gabe.

Oh look Mystic Meg is back ;)

How's that secret crystal ball coming along

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    I'd like to again, bring up the fact that we've been derailed. This is some of the only actual solid information we've received during this game, and nobody wants to discuss it.

I don't see why this hasn't garnered more discussion. Fair enough the person trapped probably can't say anything yet but there has been no mention of receiving gifts from any players even though we know there are two out there.

ISO overview

#FFA1
    Wendy
    Tegan
    Clodagh

Is there a reason you included dead people but left me off you read list?

• Advertisement

Hydra?

Is that 2 players 1 anon account?

Advertisement