Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - The Hunger Games

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Thanks mods for the game btw, I'll prob give some feedback tomorrow when I'm not rushing at work :)

Long game sign up thread here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110327559#post110327559

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Good game guys, I feel like this one is on me. We were completely on the way to killing off the NRVs yesterday when I pulled the brakes!
    Doris, I can’t believe he flipped you at the end, well actually I can, I read everything last nite and couldn’t pick him out as a wolf!

Well put together game, I thought we had a cakewalk, I didn’t put enough thought into the Angus/Brendan theory. Angus has to go but I made myself look too dodgy by not thinking Brendan through.
    That’s two end games lost in a week to wolves

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Fair play everyone. Doris, I would have voted to save Jake too. Lord played a blinder and I was 100% convinced that he was village.

Mods, i loved that. First one I've played through and was massively enjoyable. You put in massive effort and it was great.

I just wont be playing one while on holiday again! ;)

Green&Red wrote: »
    Good game guys, I feel like this one is on me. We were completely on the way to killing off the NRVs yesterday when I pulled the brakes!
    Doris, I can’t believe he flipped you at the end, well actually I can, I read everything last nite and couldn’t pick him out as a wolf!

Well put together game, I thought we had a cakewalk, I didn’t put enough thought into the Angus/Brendan theory. Angus has to go but I made myself look too dodgy by not thinking Brendan through.
    That’s two end games lost in a week to wolves

I should have stuck to the "kill the nrvs" plan but i was tunnelled right in on liam. Sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

In fairness CC, i had a weak game imo because i kept flip flopping. The kill the nrvs plan was mine but i abandoned it too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Choc Chip wrote: »
    I should have stuck to the "kill the nrvs" plan but i was tunnelled right in on liam. Sigh.

So was I, and I was dead :o

Just on the play in this game (not feedback related so posting here).

I thought obviously Jake/Lordie was outstanding, kept nicely under the radar throughout.

Ecto was class as priest and fair play to duffers for taking up my assault on him since Monday till Tuesday night :pac: All was fair and no badness meant bud.

I think I need to retire though from the regular games, or tone back my posting, I noticed a few people were really struggling to keep up and I don't want to spoil the enjoyment of any player :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

New village rule. Never forget the tables!

Necro wrote: »

I thought obviously Jake/Lordie was outstanding, kept nicely under the radar throughout.

Ecto was class as priest and fair play to duffers for taking up my assault on him since Monday till Tuesday night :pac: All was fair and no badness meant bud.

I think I need to retire though from the regular games, or tone back my posting, I noticed a few people were really struggling to keep up and I don't want to spoil the enjoyment of any player :(

Is there anything stopping some regular games from having a max/min posting limit?

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Is there anything stopping some regular games from having a max/min posting limit?

Probably a discussion for feedback but not really, would be at game mod discretion I suppose :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Well played wolves.

I should have pushed the day1 wagonomics a little bit harder. There had to be a wolf on the Conor wagon, but I was leaning Liam over Jake. Just gotta trust the wagonomics more often

Rikand wrote: »
    Well played wolves.

I should have pushed the day1 wagonomics a little bit harder. There had to be a wolf on the Conor wagon, but I was leaning Liam over Jake. Just gotta trust the wagonomics more often

Yeah. I was worried people were gonna discount my stuff as I was the SK :(

I was genuinely wolf hunting most of the time :D

Just reading the backrooms.

Drummer I knew well you were Gayle btw but I didn't need to kill you at that time, you were keeping suspicion on me which is good to keep the wolves off me...

Or so I thought :(

I was just looking back and we really were (outside of Lord) a quite unorganised wolf team, me and skunk missed our day 0 actions and duffers tried to make a day 1 action thinking he was a different baddie to the one he was :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Nooooooooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Necro, yours and SKeiths posting style is unbelievably similar.
    In fairness with regards the number of posts there was some huge explosions during the game that made the place go wild

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Necro wrote: »

I think sometimes in games stuff can be lost in translation. Not sure if I got annoyed at anybody (bit snarky about my conversion) but I was pulling on some strings. Was arguing with you about posts to make you look as guilty as I thought you were, not to get you to stop posting. Also played a “i trusted you” card on stu which was really a strategy. Had I more time my plan was to mock Stu in the backroom and totally undermine him on thread. Not sure if I didn’t have the energy, time or heart (or all three) but I didn’t proceed.

I forget sometimes that you guys can’t see my face or always understand my intentions. I think most of the time my posts are tongue in cheek or a bit of fluff. Unless I’m trying to work stuff out and then I’m just nuts.

Did you really poison yourself? That’s absolutely the kind of wreckless crazy I endorse completely... That move alone makes you a champ in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

So who won, good or bad?

Clarabel wrote: »
    Nooooooooo.

I presume you currently on a boat, a sleigh or a hot air balloon :D

So who won, good or bad?

bads won

• Advertisement

I was just looking back and we really were (outside of Lord) a quite unorganised wolf team, me and skunk missed our day 0 actions and duffers tried to make a day 1 action thinking he was a different baddie to the one he was :D

After the convert it took me an hour or so to get composure back. I went to do a workout which helped. magine it, working hard, push ups , weights and sweating like a mofo. Eye of the tiger like workout and I’m getting all “you know what, it’s not so bad being a wolf . Why are my teammates so gloomy? When I get back online I’m gonna get this team moving.” Logs back in and out myself to the BG.

I also didn’t get to post one of my sarcastic posts to try and sow doubt in Brendan outing me.

So the village has

- KAtniss , with two killing weapons
    - Peeta in a BR (could he be bad?)
    - A priest
    - an app Priest (unconfirmed role)
    - a seer
    - a guy who can trap (WTF role)

And the wolves have

- me

So this is what the village is going with ?

So who won, good or bad?

When people are talking about dandy is that when they are talking about you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Drumpot wrote: »
    When people are talking about dandy is that when they are talking about you?

Yes indeed, it’s a name from Pter that seems to have stuck

Drumpot wrote:
    Did you really poison yourself? That’s absolutely the kind of wreckless crazy I endorse completely... That move alone makes you a champ in my book.

Good God no, Eva/duffers stabbed me in the back after I innocently was friends with him all game :P

*This re-creation of events was sponsored by the Necro, not a baddie society*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

can we get a count of how many posts tusk has thanks in this thread? anon and non anon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

*tusk scurries of unthanking a pile of posts* :pac::pac::pac:

Drumpot wrote: »
    After the convert it took me an hour or so to get composure back. I went to do a workout which helped. magine it, working hard, push ups , weights and sweating like a mofo. Eye of the tiger like workout and I’m getting all “you know what, it’s not so bad being a wolf . Why are my teammates so gloomy? When I get back online I’m gonna get this team moving.” Logs back in and out myself to the BG.

I also didn’t get to post one of my sarcastic posts to try and sow doubt in Brendan outing me.

So the village has

- KAtniss , with two killing weapons
    - Peeta in a BR (could he be bad?)
    - A priest
    - an app Priest (unconfirmed role)
    - a seer
    - a guy who can trap (WTF role)

And the wolves have

- me

So this is what the village is going with ?

You and lord should write a werewolf book, I love reading you're posts as they paint the picture for me in my head, and you make me laugh more then anyone else on boards, so maybe make it a funny book

Stu's backroom!

Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

I presume you currently on a boat, a sleigh or a hot air balloon :D

Boat on the Thames, Oxford. Sneaky loo post. The toilets are on land though. ;)

• Advertisement

You and lord should write a werewolf book, I love reading you're posts as they paint the picture for me in my head, and you make me laugh more then anyone else on boards, so maybe make it a funny book

In Drumpots part of the book there will be 6 chapters dedicated to my horrific betrayal of him in the last game :pac:

Advertisement