Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - The Hunger Games

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Frank you were complaining about having to post from the toilet an hour ago and have said that you are on the drink. Yet...you can't take yourself away from this thread. Thanks for the participation, but...

A priest who is happy in the knowledge that they are actually the priest and has nothing to fear from village musings might have logged off and enjoyed their night out/in by now.

A wolf who is eager or anxious to see what way the thread are reacting to him as the hot topic might not be able to take his eyes off proceedings just as easily.

You can wait for 9:59am, but where I got the feeling with Eva that she was just kicking the death can down the road and improvising in the meantime, I'm now getting that feeling about you.

Brendan. I went out for dinner for my birthday and had a few glasses of prosecco. I went to the toilet so you could have the reveal in a timely manner. Its a work night so Im not on the tear. I'm sorry I'm not living up to your expectations of a priest but right now I don't care.

You make a good point though. I do get too invested. BG can protect me or not. Right this moment I don't gaf.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Ah Henry floats in to back up frank, what a surprise. Think you are overplaying the benefit to the wolves.

If Frank is good, I think there’s a chance keeping the info hidden is more out of self preservation, rather than benefiting the village as a whole. Which is fine, I can accept that. At the end of the day, if Frank is good, he has more info than us so it’s his judgement call. And the self preservation can have a side effect of helping the village.

If Frank is bad though, and is worried about a counter claim on any info, waiting until right before potentially two more people get offed lowers the chance of things going wrong.

My guess is that we’re leaning towards the former rather than the latter.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Ah Henry floats in to back up frank, what a surprise. Think you are overplaying the benefit to the wolves.

Any benefit to the wolves is too much benefit

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    Brendan. I went out for dinner for my birthday and had a few glasses of prosecco. I went to the toilet so you could have the reveal in a timely manner. Its a work night so Im not on the tear. I'm sorry I'm not living up to your expectations of a priest but right now I don't care.

You make a good point though. I do get too invested. BG can protect me or not. Right this moment I don't gaf.

Well outside anything else, Happy Birthday Frank!

V8ieQbf.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    If Frank is good, I think there’s a chance keeping the info hidden is more out of self preservation, rather than benefiting the village as a whole. Which is fine, I can accept that. At the end of the day, if Frank is good, he has more info than us so it’s his judgement call. And the self preservation can have a side effect of helping the village.

If Frank is bad though, and is worried about a counter claim on any info, waiting until right before potentially two more people get offed lowers the chance of things going wrong.

My guess is that we’re leaning towards the former rather than the latter.

I don’t agree but I’m not the one making the call.

Look at it another way, maybe A villager who frank could name might be killed in the morning. They won’t get to confirm or deny it.

If frank is a wolf and they confirm a goody now he is more likely to be counted claimed at 9.59 in morning. If the wolves believe they have identified Katniss or BG they can name them at 9.59 and even if either comes out after munch then frank got to drag out extra kills and drag out our BG or Katniss. Alternatively the wolves hit Katniss or BG , no counter claim means he’s “legit” but constant arguments over why wolves didn’t kill him!

Baddies were in BRs with villagers some of whom could easily of left clues about who they are. Some even seemed to trust BRs more then here like frank said (yes Gabriel I see you trying to get me back there!).

• Advertisement

I don’t agree but I’m not the one making the call.

Look at it another way, maybe A villager who frank could name might be killed in the morning. They won’t get to confirm or deny it.

If frank is a wolf and they confirm a goody now he is more likely to be counted claimed at 9.59 in morning. If the wolves believe they have identified Katniss or BG they can name them at 9.59 and even if either comes out after munch then frank got to drag out extra kills and drag out our BG or Katniss. Alternatively the wolves hit Katniss or BG , no counter claim means he’s “legit” but constant arguments over why wolves didn’t kill him!

Baddies were in BRs with villagers some of whom could easily of left clues about who they are. Some even seemed to trust BRs more then here like frank said (yes Gabriel I see you trying to get me back there!).

Oh, are we not in the trust tree?

5hDcQBQ.gif

Good to know you are keeping an eye on it anyway. There only seems to be 4 of us left in D13 now, but I'm just not sure if we can trust it fully even with Eva gone. Eva might not have been wolf, and even if she was, there is apparently still an SK in the game who is lore-related to our District.

2 other people had managed to get healed without role claiming. Why wouldn't I just do that? When I came out as both trapped and priest I didn't think I COULD be healed.

I missed this until now. That's a fair point.

Look, I'm just proposing a theory of how Eva might not be bad, and that theory has to involve you being the bad as counter-claimer. These things happen when there are claims and counter-claims, it hasn't been an easy day.

I voted for Eva tonight and I hope we did the right thing as a village. I do want to get to a place of trusting our role claims and starting to build a village core, hopefully Wednesday will bring this.

Oh, are we not in the trust tree?

5hDcQBQ.gif

Good to know you are keeping an eye on it anyway. There only seems to be 4 of us left in D13 now, but I'm just not sure if we can trust it fully even with Eva gone. Eva might not have been wolf, and even if she was, there is apparently still an SK in the game who is lore-related to our District.

I’m always paranoid and looking for different angles. It’s prob why it’s bad I don’t keep notes !!!!

tenor.gif

2 other people had managed to get healed without role claiming. Why wouldn't I just do that? When I came out as both trapped and priest I didn't think I COULD be healed.

So you didn’t think you could be healed and didn’t reveal who the goody character was but you call out Eva for not revealing same?

Just saying.

So you didn’t think you could be healed and didn’t reveal who the goody character was but you call out Eva for not revealing same?

Just saying.

I'd say that I need to go back over Frank's posts, but feel that it's pointless tonight. We sort of just need to wait and see what happens in the AM. If Frank survives munch and comes through with some names for us in the morning which can't be counter-claimed, he's on his way to being good I think.

• Advertisement

Just saying.

Deep breaths. Just as I calm down this.

Yes. I didn't think I could be healed. I was clearly wrong but Phil had been trapped and healed. Gabriel had been stabbed and healed. Liam claimed he had a trap to use but had not sprung it. I was in a trap. That added up to 6. I figured I was going to die and there was a wolf giving misinformation.

Yes I called Eva out for not revealing Holly's role BEFORE SHE DIED. Of course she couldn't. Holly was NRV and any role Eva gave could easily be counter claimed and that would confirm me as priest.

I am not dead yet. I may die at 10am tomorrow. When I do die I won't die with information left to give.

Yes. I didn't think I could be healed. I was clearly wrong but Phil had been trapped and healed. Gabriel had been stabbed and healed. Liam claimed he had a trap to use but had not sprung it. I was in a trap. That added up to 6. I figured I was going to die and there was a wolf giving misinformation.

Yes I called Eva out for not revealing Holly's role BEFORE SHE DIED. Of course she couldn't. Holly was NRV and any role Eva gave could easily be counter claimed and that would confirm me as priest.

I am not dead yet. I may die at 10am tomorrow. When I do die I won't die with information left to give.

As a village, that's all we can ask for. And if you are indeed our priest, hope that you survive as long as possible.

I'm reading back over events post-lynch tonight, and again I don't like the calls to lynch Frank if he survives munch. If we get actual confirmation somehow that Frank is priest, those posters might need a further look.

If 6 prizes have been had, how does Conor (or Liam?) have a Trap? It was something I was hoping to get to but children and wife have been giving me crap all day!

It was why I was asking earlier (before coming out about medicine) If they got their prize this morning. It seems like trap , medicine, trap medicine. I’d go back to it but I’m knackeeed and not sure I will get chance in morning.

Happy birthday ...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Gert, can you access excel tomorrow morning? Or tomorrow in general. I’m doing a cross reference item but would least at a sensible pair of eyes look at it.

Maybe look over my last post or two see why everyone is rejecting simple logic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

You can wait for 9:59am, but where I got the feeling with Eva that she was just kicking the death can down the road and improvising in the meantime, I'm now getting that feeling about you.

YOU got that feeling did you Brendan?

Noted

Green&Red wrote: »

Noted

So naked, so wrong

Frank, can I play a hypothetical game with you?

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Frank, can I play a hypothetical game with you?

Sure if it is a short one. I'm going to bed.

Gert, can you access excel tomorrow morning? Or tomorrow in general. I’m doing a cross reference item but would least at a sensible pair of eyes look at it.

Maybe look over my last post or two see why everyone is rejecting simple logic too.

I do clodagh.

Not sure if we are allowed to pm or things like that though (I’ve never done that) , is it just for me or can you share it in our BR (that I don’t completely trust for reasons I will possibly share in morning).

Sure if it is a short one. I'm going to bed.

Then let’s wait until tomorrow. You’re a logical guy, good or bad, annoyingly so. If you answer against your nature or with it then it will help me know your side.

Good night dude, happy birthday

• Advertisement

I do clodagh.

Not sure if we are allowed to pm or things like that though (I’ve never done that) , is it just for me or can you share it in our BR (that I don’t completely trust for reasons I will possibly share in morning).

I’ll share it with all when complete as long as I know it will be looked at for good the bad can try their best. Just waiting for the mrs to start snoring then I’ll get cracking

I might not be around for long tomorrow but ok.

BTW thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes. Sincerely.
    If I've been snarky it's mostly because this game makes me a bit nuts.

Noted

What anon account is this addressing me?

Frank

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Noted

That would be me

But the passing off of material as your own has been noted

Sorry Conor thought it was frank.

In that case we don’t have to play a game.

I’ve been up on and off all night trying to do this bloody excel but it has beaten me. I wanted to log each message with the sender, recipient and. Content but I kept falling asleep. Going to get a few hours now before the world wakes up.

I still am beating the Eva is good drum. Remember if she was sk then there will not be one death today. If two deaths frank has to die, only logical solution.

Logic also dictates if one death or you guys are adamant to believe circumstantial evidence 100% then me or Gert needs to die, logically speaking.

Sorry for the excel fail, gl all

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Sorry Conor thought it was frank.

In that case we don’t have to play a game.

I’ve been up on and off all night trying to do this bloody excel but it has beaten me. I wanted to log each message with the sender, recipient and. Content but I kept falling asleep. Going to get a few hours now before the world wakes up.

I still am beating the Eva is good drum. Remember if she was sk then there will not be one death today. If two deaths frank has to die, only logical solution.

Logic also dictates if one death or you guys are adamant to believe circumstantial evidence 100% then me or Gert needs to die, logically speaking.

Sorry for the excel fail, gl all

Don’t see why you would have to die if Eva was SK. SK works alone, you couldn’t be teammates defending an SK, a wolf yes but that’s not what a change in the kill rate would indicate.

Our remaining priest did already give Eva’s role though so an SK flip from Eva (no 2nd munch) would be noteworthy there.

Unfortunately it looks like I’ll be back posting (catching up mostly) via my phone once I get going today after being able to get more involved yesterday as I’ll be traveling a good bit.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Ok so some reflection, I'm now a little skittish about Frank pulling a fast one on us here. Not sure if that's down to general paranoia about the game or something else entirely.

Either way, two wolves down - and if Frank is lying we have him on lockdown with a side of Henry (you are intrinsically linked as liars if Eva was in fact the priest).

So if Frank gives a role that's still in the game, or anyone has information that might lead to him being a big filthy lying wolf, this morning prior to the munch is the time to share it.

Otherwise I'm gonna hop aboard the Frank train and ride it into the sunset, potentially to the detriment of the village.

Either way, both priests have given us two dead wolves, so we've only 3 evils left to find.

So this came up in our BR but I think its worth bringing out here

I've asked Frank if hes in a BR with the other RVs and he has refused to answer.
    My thinking is that this is vital information, its a way of somehow verifying what he is saying after he is dead. If he and the other good people can leave breadcrumbs that can identify each other it can help us at a later stage if Frank is killed.
    I don't see the downside to sharing this info with the group but there is upside

Anyway, I said I'd put it out here so that I dont look like I'm trying to extract info for Frank. I'd be fairly certain we have lost a RV from our BR but that there is a wolf in the remaining five

• Advertisement

According to Frank these are the wolves we are now looking for

President Coriolanus Snow: The autocratic ruler of the Capitol and all of Panem. Though seemingly laid-back, his demeanor hides a sadistic and psychopathic mind. He paid Katniss a visit at home and told her he is angry that both she and Peeta were allowed to survive the 74th Hunger Games, as their act of defiance had ignited rebellion in several of the districts. She was too prominent to kill, but he threatened her family and Gale unless she proved to the districts that her act of saving Peeta was merely that of a love-crazed teenager and was not related to any desire to defy the Capitol. As punishment, Snow announced the the Third Quarter Quell would take place, involving previous district winners. After these games were hijacked, he remained in the Capitol during the year long uprising before announcing the Ultimate Hunger Games, in which he will part-take in himself for the Capitol.

Cato: Capitol Bodyguard. The District 2 male tribute in the 74th Hunger Games. He was the leader of the Career pack. He was the only tribute in the 74th Hunger Games, aside from Katniss, who is confirmed to have volunteered for the Games. Cato was skilled with many weapons and proved this by scoring a 10 in his individual training, earning many sponsors in the process. He then took part in the hunt for Katniss during the Games, along with the other career tributes and Peeta. He was brutally injured by genetically modified beasts at the end of the 74th Hunger Games. Thought to have been killed, he was rescued by the Capitol, and recruited to President Snow as his personal bodyguard. Cato can protect a player each night from both attacks and peeks.

Advertisement