Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting another salary certificate... and leaving your job?

• 26-05-2019 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭

Weird situation. We were currently in the process of buying a house, fell through on the sellers end due to mistakes on their part, so we are back on the hunt.

The 6 months were up so we have to get all the documents again, however, I've a new job lined up with better pay (completely unplanned) so would it work out if I got an updated salary certificate... and then subsequently hand in my notice? Would that be allowed? :confused:

If the new job doesn't work out for myself in the end, we can technically still afford the mortgage, so not worried in that regard.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Would you be on probation in the new job at mortgage drawdown?

By ‘afford the mortgage’ do you mean you could cover the repayments if you weren’t working, or do you mean you could borrow enough based on your other half’s salary only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Would you be on probation in the new job at mortgage drawdown?

By ‘afford the mortgage’ do you mean you could cover the repayments if you weren’t working, or do you mean you could borrow enough based on your other half’s salary only?

Yeah I would be on probation at the new job at that point.

We could cover the repayments if I wasn't working.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

I think it will depend on the lender whether they will consider someone on probation (or 1st year of a new job) when calculating how much you can borrow.

Check with your broker if using one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

You won't get a mortgage unless you have completed your probation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭3DataModem

VonVix wrote: »
    I got an updated salary certificate... and then subsequently hand in my notice? Would that be allowed?

The only obligation you have is to advise the bank if your circumstances change in a way that materially affects your ability to repay. Loads of people don't bother, and there are little or no consequences for them.

So yes, get the fresh salary certificate, and send it in. Then decide for yourself what you do if you change jobs (tip: do nothing).

Note; BOI seem to sometimes ask for a fresh payslip if you close very close to the 6 month limit. Ulster Bank don't (thankfully!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

3DataModem wrote: »
    The only obligation you have is to advise the bank if your circumstances change in a way that materially affects your ability to repay. Loads of people don't bother, and there are little or no consequences for them.

So yes, get the fresh salary certificate, and send it in. Then decide for yourself what you do if you change jobs (tip: do nothing).

Note; BOI seem to sometimes ask for a fresh payslip if you close very close to the 6 month limit. Ulster Bank don't (thankfully!).

It's on the form as to whether you are on probation or not.
    You don't get to say no. It's up to the person filling it in as it's their signature on the form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭3DataModem

It's on the form as to whether you are on probation or not.
    You don't get to say no. It's up to the person filling it in as it's their signature on the form

What I mean is, get the salary cert now from your permanent job. Then quit and work in the new job. Ulster Bank won't care (for example) as long as you close before the loan pack expires.

Advertisement