Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ignorant GAA Fcukers

• 26-05-2019 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭

Just back from a walk through town and the place is basically impassable due to the generally ignorant parking of the GAA muttonheads attending some bogball double-header or other.

Cars parked on both sides of the road, completely blocking the footpaths and forcing people to step out into the road to get by. How people with a pram or in a wheelchair would get passed I'm not sure.

I wouldn't mind as much but they have a training field near us that they turn into a car park on match days but it's half empty because people would rather park like a cnut than pay €5 to park responsibly.

So anyway my question, do you have to be an ignorant spa to watch GAA or is it optional?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

You live in Tullamore. You definitely have bigger issues to get your knickers in a twist about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

You wont get in if your not a ignorant spa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Obviously your point could be a bit more tactful but its right to a small degree.
    The problem is that these organisations are let run big events like this with no parking provided. They should be made provide it or let other organisations do it giving the money to various charities.
    Guards are wrong too. They should tow every illegally parked car and it would stop it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Someone was too chubby to get picked for under 10's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

So anyway my question, do you have to be an ignorant spa to watch GAA or is it optional?

Judging by your ignorant comments here, the term spa might apply to yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

And we're back again next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

Thats your own fault for living in Tullamore.

It's always been one of the main venues (along with Portlaoise) that has been used for staging GAA matches as a neutral venue, due to it being located right i the middle of the country.

I'm sure if there was a big rugby or soccer match in Tullamore that could attract over 10,000 people to attend the parking by those fans would be just as bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Muttonhead.

Very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I blame Leo Varadkar. That little muthercünter… not providing proper enforcement of parking laws.

I'll let you in on a secret, RTÉ is a Mé Féin cabal. Keep that under your hat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Just back from a walk through town and the place is basically impassable due to the generally ignorant parking of the GAA muttonheads attending some bogball double-header or other.

Cars parked on both sides of the road, completely blocking the footpaths and forcing people to step out into the road to get by. How people with a pram or in a wheelchair would get passed I'm not sure.

I wouldn't mind as much but they have a training field near us that they turn into a car park on match days but it's half empty because people would rather park like a cnut than pay €5 to park responsibly.

Have you seen how people park when going to mass or picking the kids up from school? At least the GAA matches are not too regular, school and mass are.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Irish people are chancers .
    They would rather throw the car anywhere than pay to park it .
    It's the same all over the country .
    Try working with the public .
    After a while you can spot these craytures a mile off.
    Today's elections they voted for green policies , but mark my words they wouldn't pay for anything regarding helping the climate.
    The recent water fiasco proved that .
    Want all the services but for free !!!
    I'm Irish myself , but I hate these cheapskates with a passion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

Someone from the midlands calling it ‘bogball’... Love it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

It probably hasn't occurred to them that the game isn't currently the most important event in the known universe. Same goes for other sporting events and gigs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

It’s optional to be an ignorant spa because you’re obviously one & you don’t watch GAA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Watch the abuse.

Watch the abuse.

Hahaha OP calls GAA fans ignorant spas & when he gets called one himself it’s abuse, what a flower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

EICVD wrote: »
    Hahaha OP calls GAA fans ignorant spas & when he gets called one himself it’s abuse, what a flower

Generalisations and directly insulting users are a world apart. Now back on topic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Doctor Zhivago

€5 to park for 2 hours in a field in Tullamore. I'd burn the car to the ground before I'd pay that.

I hope you know these GAA heads keep your sh1tty little town going with the money they spend in pubs, food outlets, etc.

The only ignorant person here is you.

Bogball. Always brings a smile to my face.

Chop cheeked mutton headed ignorant sheites parking like that should all come back to tickets on their windscreens. Couldn’t give a toss what inconvenience they cause locals, could they. It’s the same everywhere they go to watch grown men play games, the dopes that they are. Arseholes

People get their knickers in a twist about the antisocial wankerism of Norniron unionists around the 12th, yet the same people cause feckin’ carnage to towns and locals all around the country year round. Is it any wonder the loyalists look at us as backward, inbred, uncivilised muck savages?

Thick as two brown sheites, lard arsed muppets, banging of BO and parking around towns in the manner to suggest they all had synchronised heart attacks or strokes. No excuse for it at all. Grade A intercounty cu... who are too stupid to know better.

Plenty drink driving too, and we all know that to be the truth.

• Advertisement

€5 to park for 2 hours in a field in Tullamore. I'd burn the car to the ground before I'd pay that.

I hope you know these GAA heads keep your sh1tty little town going with the money they spend in pubs, food outlets, etc.

The only ignorant person here is you.

They should pay for their parking and bring a sandwich, if they’re that miserable and mean, the selfish pricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

JayZeus wrote: »
    Bogball. Always brings a smile to my face.

Chop cheeked mutton headed ignorant sheites parking like that should all come back to tickets on their windscreens. Couldn’t give a toss what inconvenience they cause locals, could they. It’s the same everywhere they go to watch grown men play games, the dopes that they are. Arseholes

People get their knickers in a twist about the antisocial wankerism of Norniron unionists around the 12th, yet the same people cause feckin’ carnage to towns and locals all around the country year round. Is it any wonder the loyalists look at us as backward, inbred, uncivilised muck savages?

Thick as two brown sheites, lard arsed muppets, banging of BO and parking around towns in the manner to suggest they all had synchronised heart attacks or strokes. No excuse for it at all. Grade A intercounty cu... who are too stupid to know better.

Plenty drink driving too, and we all know that to be the truth.

You poor devil. Talk to someone. Let it out. You can't go on like this.

PCeeeee wrote: »

The troll attempt would have been half decent until he went too far and threw in the orange shower. Just that small step too far. Lessons to be learned. 4/10.

PCeeeee wrote: »

Oh, I can go on alright. I can park a car properly, know how to wash myself, can walk upright, wasn’t born of an incestuous relationship between two cousins, can afford underarm deodorant *and* €5 for parking. All told, I suppose I’m not naturally inclined to have much in common with the GAA ‘ambassadors’ who blighted Tullamore today.

GAA has nothing to do with, it’s just people from Kildare, Laois, Westmeath & Longford are idiots!

The troll attempt would have been half decent until he went too far and threw in the orange shower. Just that small step too far. Lessons to be learned. 4/10.

Not a bit of trolling here, just utter contempt for backwards eejits who think supporting or being a player in a GAA club is a license to do whatever they want. And they do.

Not a bit of trolling here, just utter contempt for backwards eejits who think supporting or being a player in a GAA club is a license to do whatever they want. And they do.

You must really hate all parents then.

You must really hate all parents then.

What?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

GAA people are the worst. It's not an interest, it's an identity.

They all act like they're intercounty players. "going back training with the club", "I only did a warmup, my groin was feeling tight so I didn't want to chance it."

Every fcuker seems to have done ligaments in their knee then and see it as a badge of honour, constantly talking about recovery time and rehab and talk about getting back to their previous level.

They're always on the fundraising bandwagon too, needing a new gym or new showers or new astroturf. Meanwhile the soccer and rugby clubs have their weekly 2 euro lotto and that's it.

• Advertisement

What?

People who feel entitled to do whatever they want without worrying about any inconvenience to others. An even bigger group than GAA goers, or any sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Litter all over the place after the GAA / Hurling and Soccer games in St Anne's park in Dublin. They should all be telling members don't bring plastics into the park. DC Council don't bother their holes cleaning it either. Actually they mow over the plastic bottles now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Another thread for bitter people who didn’t get picked for their school team

Sad !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

They're always on the fundraising bandwagon too, needing a new gym or new showers or new astroturf. Meanwhile the soccer and rugby clubs have their weekly 2 euro lotto and that's it.

How dare GAA clubs be well organised , that level of competency is a very dangerous precedent to be setting in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Ah, only in Ireland...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

If people are parking cars illegally, notify the Gardai and they'll deal with it. The shopping centres will get fed up with people exceeding their maximum stay and they'll clamp them. This kind of nonsense used to go on along the Maynooth train line for GAA games before people put a stop to it. €5 for safe legal parking for an event is a very fair price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's a common thing where car parking is not strictly organised or enforced. And not just at matches. People inept and have to be spoon fed on how park responsibly.

Don't organise parking, net result: attempts at parking vehicles worthy of Stevie Wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Oh i had always found GAA lads and Ladies lovely company always been happy to introduce them to my friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

In Carlow as well as taking over the footpaths they use the cemetery as a car park when there's a match on.

In Carlow as well as taking over the footpaths they use the cemetery as a car park when there's a match on.
    eek

Scummy thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

It's like a badge of honour with these craytures .
    Every county has them .
    They fill up the car with diesel before leaving their county.
    Bring the hang sandwiches and flasks of tae .
    Won't spend a bob in away county .
    Give off that they had to pay into the game .
    I love it when away games have been cancelled last minute.
    They lose their minds thinking of the few poxy euro they have spent on diesel.
    You come across these craytures on holidays ... The thoughts of having to pay for a lounger on the beach ...
    Fxxk that ...out with the towels and the bags of fruit taken from the hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Allinall

Why do they have matches in the cemetery?

That’s ridiculous.

Come on dudes the GAA is awesome! All that work and all voluntary!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Generalisations and directly insulting users are a world apart.

Bullsh1t.

Users are match-goers too, and not 'Ignorant GAA fcukers'.

ps Stick your ban-hammer up your hole.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

How dare GAA clubs be well organised , that level of competency is a very dangerous precedent to be setting in Ireland.

I wonder how many loans GAA clubs take out? I know that my local soccer and rugby club took a loan of about 20k to build dressing rooms.

The GAA club just go with their hands out going to houses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Hon the parish oink oink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭captain caveman

Allinall wrote: »
    Why do they have matches in the cemetery?

That’s ridiculous.

Sure isn’t everyone dyin to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Bullsh1t.

Users are match-goers too, and not 'Ignorant GAA fcukers'.

ps Stick your ban-hammer up your hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I wonder how many loans GAA clubs take out? I know that my local soccer and rugby club took a loan of about 20k to build dressing rooms.

The GAA club just go with their hands out going to houses.

How does your local soccer aid rugby club repay the loans? Through fundraising and subs, which is what the GAA does

Del2005 wrote: »
    How does your local soccer aid rugby club repay the loans? Through fundraising and subs, which is what the GAA does

Exactly they hold sponsored events etc....weekly poker games scratch cards table quizes golf classics...something called the cube...

• Advertisement
Advertisement