Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's responsible for dishing the footpath for a new-build ?

• 26-05-2019 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm considering buying a new-build, it is one of two built on the site of an old house which was demolished. The old has didn't have off street parking but the new ones do. When viewing it again today I realized that there is no vehicular dishing on the footpath. Should the builder get this done or is it up to the new owner ?

Thanks,

Zozo.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ZoZoZo wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm considering buying a new-build, it is one of two built on the site of an old house which was demolished. The old has didn't have off street parking but the new ones do. When viewing it again today I realized that there is no vehicular dishing on the footpath. Should the builder get this done or is it up to the new owner ?

Thanks,

Zozo.

Once the developer got planning for the new vehicular entrance, he then pays council to dish the path.

There is an option for the developer to do it, but for a small development with bonds etc its more expensive to do it yourself (Developer).

If you are buying the house, make sure its marked in the contracts and carried out before handing over final payment.

Advertisement