Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magpies and crows tapping at windows

Options
  • 26-05-2019 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

I was at a holy communion at one of my buddies house over the weekend, he asked me for some help getting rid of some pesky crows and mags who are tapping on the windows of the house every morning at the crack of dawn waking the whole family up.

He has a Larsen trap so I’m trying to get a call bird through my local network. Failing that I might have to pay him a visit some morning see if I can nail a few, without busting all his windows and blowing the fascia and soffit off the house.

Any ideas on what’s causing this are the birds after their reflections on the windows or trying to peck the rubber/silicone off the window frames, the house is a new build.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Both... They are seeing themselves in the reflection of the glass,and they like the salty taste of the silicone.Ive had tubes worth of silicone robbed out of my skylights by them.:mad:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

They have ornaments on the sills attracting them.

Tell them to move them off the sills and birds gone..simple

Advertisement