Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dermot Troy - Tenor - Crumlin and Inchicore

Options
  • 27-05-2019 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Great Irish singer who died at 35 yaers of age in 1962.

I am looking for any information that is not there with a google search.

Lived on Cashel Road but everything on web says raised in Inchicore - I can find no information about him in Inchicore.

I thin relatives are still alive.

Any information welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cannellman

Hi, my mum told me many times about Dermot Troy as he lived on Cashel Road which was just two doors down from her family home in number 27. Her main recollection was after he came runner up in a EU comp (although most had thought he had won!) and he sang out of the window on Cashel Road to a huge crowd outside. This image has stayed with me forever for some reason.

Obvs I'm not sure if this is absolutely true but it's always a story that my mum and to be fair her sisters always repeated over the years about Dermot. The fact they were only two doors down does make me think it was true. Unfortunately they have all passed on now, but the story always stayed with me and I have often thought of Dermot and his story since then. I have always wanted to find out more about Dermot and his life, music etc., but as you can see it is very scarce online.

If I can be of further help please do not hesitate to msg me,

Thanks,

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭loco-colo

Cheers Tony - I got a fair bit of information about him back when I posted the topic.

Yes that is definitely true - He regularly sang out the window and I remember a lady saying they used to go around to listen to him - think she was from Balfe Road - Brilliant voice alright - he is on YouTube - Sadly died very young in his thirties. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Aconite20

Might be of interest. Front page of newspaper in an auction this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Alan be

My dad , who is in his 90s remembers dermot troy very well as a great singer, who 100% sang from a window to crowds of people..

My dad also a singer took the stage name troy in respect to the great singer Dermot.

Advertisement