Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4K NUC

Options
  • 27-05-2019 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

Looking for recommendations for a small NUC I can use to play 4K content on my TV, but also be able to use apps like NowTV and Steam in-home streaming without worrying about stutter. I know there were questions in the past about Intel NUCs and 4k 60Hz, but is this still a concern? Not worried about on device storage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

AFAIK any NUC can output 4k60 as long as it has HDMI 2.0 or DisplayPort output.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I think most NUC's are fine with 4k on Windows.
    I'll expand this question slightly, does anyone have expierence with 4k HDR?
    .... and on linux? Last I read there were issues with the drivers and 4k HDR on linux.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

would you not try an nvidia shield instead ? 4k hdr and dolby atmos playback and no messing around with windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I like having a general purpose PC hooked up to the TV, sometimes more comfortable to browse websites in a group than sitting at a desk.

Advertisement