Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travel insurance for missed connecting flights?

• 27-05-2019 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there are any insurers that cover missed connecting flights? I currently have flights booked with two different airlines and a 2 hour window between flights.

In the event that my first flight is delayed, is there any insurer that will cover the cost of the missed flight? I'm just concerned that I'd be left stranded and would have to lump a large cost associated with rebooking the flight through no fault of my own.

Am I correct in saying that neither airline would compensate or rebook the missed flight and I'd have to rely on travel insurance?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Two separate booking's with two separate airlines would see you treated as a no-show and a missed flight in the event of the first flight being delayed for whatever reason. Airline A is only contracted to get you to your first destination.

What is the routing, if you booked it through an agency then it will probably be an interline and I have often flown a combination of up to three airlines to get to my destination but as it was all on a single ticket I have no worries.

Booking two tickets also means you have to clear immigration, (possibly change terminals in places like Heathrow), queue up to checkin if you have checked luggage and clear security again. Even with the two hours you'd want everything to go smooth and know where you'd be supposed to go.

What are the flights, airline and destination?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

If it’s in the one ticket then the airline is responsible for getting you to your final destination

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭VonLuck

theguzman wrote: »
    What is the routing, if you booked it through an agency then it will probably be an interline and I have often flown a combination of up to three airlines to get to my destination but as it was all on a single ticket I have no worries.
    ted1 wrote: »
    If it’s in the one ticket then the airline is responsible for getting you to your final destination

I booked through an agent on Skyscanner. Would that be considered a single ticket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

VonLuck wrote:
    I booked through an agent on Skyscanner. Would that be considered a single ticket?

Usually it would yes, but there are so many variations on tickets these days it's hard to know definitively. If it says 'self transfer' then it's not. There should be a 13 digit ticket number on the booking, if its only one number then it's all one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

VonLuck wrote: »

What agent? there are dozens there, for example I have booked flights with ebookers and e-travel and it was a single reservation.

Some airlines are totally incompatible. I'd need more information like the destinations and airline to know really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement