Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropbox - folders not transferring from computer?

Options
  • 27-05-2019 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

I right-click on a folder and choose "Send to Dropbox", but nothing happens.

In my System Tray, the Dropbox icon is all white - should it be?

Anyway, how can I fix this problem?

Dropbox has 500Mb (out of 2Gb) and the folder I'm trying to transfer is about 50Mb.

Thanks!

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

If you Right-click>Send To>Dropbox it actually makes copy of that folder in Dropbox and original folder remain in same location(look like nothing happened)
    If you Right-click>Move to Dropbox it actually moves that folder to Dropbox and you see some "action" (folder no longer available in its original location)
    Go to Dropbox folder or Dropbox online to confirm folder in question is there or you really have problem.

Regards icon:

https://help.dropbox.com/desktop-web/sync-icons#desktop

481290.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

In my System Tray, the Dropbox icon is all white - should it be?

It is here when synced, so that seems correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

I'm not sure what the problem is.

I always Right Click > Send To > Dropbox, so that the original remains where it is.

If I login to Dropbox via a browser I can send files and folders to Dropbox no problem.

It's only the Right Click action that won't work.

Thanks.

D.

Are you still on that XP machine?

Dropbox Ended Support for Windows XP

Most likely you were force signed out from your app and it wont let you back in from XP

Are you still on that XP machine?

Dropbox Ended Support for Windows XP

Most likely you were force signed out from your app and it wont let you back in from XP

Nope, but thanks.

Been Windows10 x64 for a long time now.

This problem occurred out of the blue two days ago.

D.

• Advertisement

Dinarius wrote: »
    Been Windows10 x64 for a long time now.
    Congrats.
    This problem occurred out of the blue two days ago.
    D.
    Can you state your system "up time" ? Go Task manager>Performance tab>CPU

Have you altered any settings in Dropbox on this PC?

What happens if you click on folder icon in Dropbox window (1.) ?

What path(folder location) is showing in Dropbox Preferences window under Sync tab (2.) ?

Can you confirm you sync correct DB, see Dropbox Preferences window under Account tab ?

If you upload folder/file to DB from browser, does it appear in you DB folder on this PC?

481368.JPG

Apologies for the delay in replying.

Path is C:\Users\Me\Dropbox

If I click on the folder icon in the Dropbox window, the Dropbox folder opens with all files and folders in it visible.

Thanks.

D.

This is odd...
    I noticed different behavior on Win10Pro(v1803)
    All functioning fine, but have no "Send To" option for DB - it is available on Win8.1
    Bare in mind, this is fresh install of DB(v73.4.118) on this virtual machine.

Try to "Unlink This Dropbox..." from Preferences>Account tab, then sign in again to see if it makes difference. Failing that, try uninstall/reinstall DB.

481737.JPG

Unlinking and signing back in forced me to delete six locations from my Dropbox account - one of which hadn't been used in 6 years - down to the three locations permitted by the free Dropbox account. In my case, two computers and my iPhone. I removed my iPad which I had been using recently, but which I normally wouldn't use.

Anyway, it reset the account and resynced with the existing Dropbox folder. All the files and folders are still in it.

But, Right Click on a file/folder > Send to Dropbox, still isn't working.

I'll stick to manually doing it via the Dropbox website.

Thanks.

D.

Thanks for letting me know, i have missed they applied limit, feckers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement