Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decided Not to Sell Recently Listed Property

Options
  • 27-05-2019 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

We listed our house for sale on the 12th April. There have been 7 or 8 viewings but no firm bid. We have since decided that we might keep hold of the property as our circumstances changed. We would like to take it off the market, maybe temporarily, or ideally for good. A lot of it is related to finance.

Question is, what fees are we liable to pay to the estate agent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Have you signed a contract with the estate agent? If yes check the cancellation clause.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭griffzinho

alwald wrote: »
    Have you signed a contract with the estate agent? If yes check the cancellation clause.

We signed a contract (Sherry fitz) but did not receive a duplicate copy so I cannot check.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

griffzinho wrote: »
    We signed a contract (Sherry fitz) but did not receive a duplicate copy so I cannot check.

Ask for a copy of the contract before you tell them you want to take it off the market.

Zenify wrote: »
    Ask for a copy of the contract before you tell them you want to take it off the market.

Will do. as just wondering what the norm is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

• Advertisement

It's probably this form

Thanks. I think that is 'for letting of land'.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Looly8726

We recently delisted with a sherry Fitz agent and we had to pay 300euro for listing fees and photography

Looly8726 wrote: »
    We recently delisted with a sherry Fitz agent and we had to pay 300euro for listing fees and photography

Thanks for that. Appreciate it. Should be the same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

griffzinho wrote: »
    Thanks. I think that is 'for letting of land'.

You're correct, looks like I copied the wrong number from mine.

Advertisement