Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping furniture.

Options
  • 27-05-2019 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

Hello all.
    I'm thinking of starting a small business making one off bits of small furniture. I might even sell on #bay. The ideal scenario is a courier that will deliver door to door to the UK and the continent. ( using the Irish Postal service seems prohibitively expensive. ) A service based on weight not volume seems preferable.
    Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭jamesbil

Depends on the size of furniture.
    I send furniture to UK on almost a weekly basis and it is a real headache.
    It is always a pallet and boxed in 18mm chipboard. At least 1 a year will get damaged in transit or go missing for a few weeks.
    We are very limited here with shipping. I book online through Transland. I have asked other companies for prices but they are just not interested enough to quote or send a rep.
    Small boxes we do through parcel2go or similar, just make sure you box, box and double box! Couriers are savages..

As for selling.. don't do ebay, you will only get people looking for the best for China prices, and then try to find fault to get a refund.
    Etsy can be good.
    Lately a lot of my business has come through Instagram.

James

Advertisement