Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Doorbell

Options
  • 27-05-2019 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Can anyone recommend a good wireless doorbell for a domestic house? We have used them in the past but found the outside button seems to give up when exposed to the rain? Is there a particular type which are weatherproof? TIA...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Having gone through 3 different brands.

I just got wired. The wireless were just a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

was thinking about getting a NEST or RING video door bell, what would you advise ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

Ring doorbell version 1 forget...it lasts only a year.

Have had better fun with pro version, has been working fine for two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

gee that doesnt sound great for the money they cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

Got one of these a couple of years back. Not a bother on it so far

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LQBRKXG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

tech wrote:
    was thinking about getting a NEST or RING video door bell, what would you advise ?
    I've had both little in it.
    Settled on nest hello as I've a few chromecasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Battery powered one? Its not as if a door bell uses so much that battery change will be frequent. Means you could mount it at the door and wires to pull

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

This type of thing, an extender, lets you use a regular doorbell with a wireless chime. It means you can use a heavier duty, nicer looking bell-push.

https://doorchimesuk.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=42&products_id=184&osCsid=3eb81f32ea1eacae4da68488d283c9c3

I have set this up before. I was too cheap to buy the actual extender. I was able to solder a few wires to the board of the (broken) wireless bell-push I had, and then wire it to the conventional door-push. But getting an extender is handier.

Advertisement