Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debenhams AWFUL Returns Handling Online

Options
  • 27-05-2019 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi
    I've just suffered the most awful custoemr service from Debenhams relating to items bought on 29 march, returned on 4 April and today (25 May) I still haven't received my refund...they are citing technical issues and saying it will take a further 10 days (on top of 5 days lastweek) etc.

Where would you suggest I report this?
    I've never reported poor customer service to anybody before outside of bringing it to the company's own attention.

I bought fromDebenhams.ie - but it's all the UK customer service who are dealing with it.

What juridisction should I complain in?

THanks to anyone who knows their way around this area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The quickest way to resolve this is to inform Debenham's that you are requesting a chargeback from your credit card provider, as they have failed to refund you.

Once, you have told Debenham's get in touch with your credit card provider and ask how to proceed with a chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mossy_Da_Dog

Thanks Dudara, I'll do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

that will get your money back. however if i was you id consider sending a registered letter to

Debenhams Customer Services,
    Hepworth House,
    Clay Pit Lane,
    Leeds,
    LS2 8AE

Outline your experiences and you should get a formal reply but more importantly a review of what has happened and hopefully an fresh look at the process, and their communications. Point out it doesn't take them 15 working days to take the money from your account!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭rock22

Why do you think they should refund you?

Because the OP returned an item that was purchased online and is entitled to a refund?

• Advertisement

Because the items were returned in less than a week after purchase and they have a process set up for handling returns, which is advertised on their website.

The thing that really annoyed me was that I had followed their process and got my package back on time, but something went wrong on their side, so I had to go back and get shipping orders, etc to prove myself to them. Then, once I had done that, they just sat on my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi
    I've just suffered the most awful custoemr service from Debenhams relating to items bought on 29 march, returned on 4 April and today (25 May) I still haven't received my refund...they are citing technical issues and saying it will take a further 10 days (on top of 5 days lastweek) etc.

This is why I alreay return to a store..

This is why I alreay return to a store..

You know you're right Gerard.
    So do stores take in online purchases and give full refunds on the spot?

^^ Not all of them do. Based on my experience, Hobbs & House of Fraser will accept online returns in store, but the refund is still processed centrally and hits your credit card later. I’m guessing that it depends on how connected up their systems are.

You know you're right Gerard.
    So do stores take in online purchases and give full refunds on the spot?

Well, this thread is about Debenhams and I regurally return online items to them in store with no hassle, they have even accepted the return when i was a few days late. Refunds are always to the card, and done on the spot, and appear on card with in the normal processing times

Same for Marks & Spencer, only had one issue once, i had forgotten to bring the card used for the purchase, and they gave me a store card with the amount.

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    Aren't they in the middle of going bust? Probably don't have the money to do refunds.

They are "under admistration" for the second time and are trading normally for now. Purchasingf anything (insore or online) should be safe, if using a debit/credit card, but perhasp prudent not to make a large purchase with cash, or keep gift cards for long.

Advertisement