Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Place Pensions

• 27-05-2019 5:23pm

Hi all

I have just started working for a registered charity. I presume there are no legal obligations on any employer to offer work place pensions? (ie: where the employer makes a contribution to the pension).

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Misguided1

No legal obligations to make contributions on behalf of employees to a pension fund. I think they have the provide you access to access to some sort of pension/savings vehicle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

If there is no company pension scheme in place, you should be given access to a PRSA via payroll, but they are under no obligation to contribute to either. It’s common enough not to have an employer contribution in charitable organisations, particularly small to medium ones.

Advertisement