Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much extra should be charged if gf and kid moves in?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Let them try it, bowing to this crap is why people keep trying it.

There are now in Ireland pretty strong child protection guidelines because of past abuse in many organisations.

The scale and range of the abuse has left folk careful on all sides and rightly so. yes, shocking but not "crap".

My former landlord asked me to drive his kids to school as he was stuck ( the family were by then friends) and he used to bring them when he worked at the house eg repairs.

As I am classed as a non- related church worker I had to explain to him that I was not allowed to be alone with his children . He was shocked. " But I trust you!"

It is the law and a safety for all involved. There have been terrible false accusations made, by children, and while we can trust family, friends; strangers are a different matter

Just ask google. Stats are shocking. adults sent to jail on falsehoods. ask for Norah Wall?

The rental situation proposed here would open the doors to risks that are not acceptable. For both kids and adults.

This is the reality of the world we live in. sad as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Graces7 wrote: »
    There are now in Ireland pretty strong child protection guidelines because of past abuse in many organisations.

The scale and range of the abuse has left folk careful on all sides and rightly so. yes, shocking but not "crap".

My former landlord asked me to drive his kids to school as he was stuck ( the family were by then friends) and he used to bring them when he worked at the house eg repairs.

As I am classed as a non- related church worker I had to explain to him that I was not allowed to be alone with his children . He was shocked. " But I trust you!"

It is the law and a safety for all involved. There have been terrible false accusations made, by children, and while we can trust family, friends; strangers are a different matter

Just ask google. Stats are shocking. adults sent to jail on falsehoods. ask for Norah Wall?

The rental situation proposed here would open the doors to risks that are not acceptable. For both kids and adults.

This is the reality of the world we live in. sad as it is.

Sorry about the thread derailment but what a loud of bull. I regularly have kids of friends over here. Alone and unrelated. If you don’t want to mind other people’s kids, grand. Don’t make up laws though ..... Nearly all cases of abuse are by people known to children.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,941 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sorry about the thread derailment but what a loud of bull. I regularly have kids of friends over here. Alone and unrelated. If you don’t want to mind other people’s kids, grand. Don’t make up laws though ..... Nearly all cases of abuse are by people known to children.

It's not the law.

But it is the guideline that many organisations apply to their volunteers: if you break the guidelines, they won't let you volunteer for them any more.

There are two issues in Graces7 case: being alone with kids, and also having them in your private car.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

It's not the law.

But it is the guideline that many organisations apply to their volunteers: if you break the guidelines, they won't let you volunteer for them any more.

There are two issues in Graces7 case: being alone with kids, and also having them in your private car.

But that is completely different. It has nothing to do with house shares. You also need to be Garda vetted to volunteer etc. It is scaremongering and entirely untrue to suggest you cannot be alone with someone’s kids.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I agree they are more at risk from their own family, but it's quite foolish to leave yourself open to accusation. I'm glad it hasn't happened you, as it is a devastating thing to happen someone who is effectively doing others a favour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Only scenario where it should be accepted is if the OO is a relative. Even then no amount of cash would pay the OO for the risk of being falsely accused of child abuse.

Mod edit
    One and only warning not to post in this tone again.
    Next is ban.
    Haha, cyclists and paedophiles behind every bush with this character :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

But that is completely different. It has nothing to do with house shares. You also need to be Garda vetted to volunteer etc. It is scaremongering and entirely untrue to suggest you cannot be alone with someone’s kids.

That is not what
    was said. Your choice entirely to allow or not. did you google as I suggested?
    There have been too many false accusations made by children as TUSLA records.
    My decision was by church child protection guidelines. No church worker is allowed to be alone with unrelated children. Not in a family and friends setting.. the case here ?
    Maybe a grey area.

Even for us with parental consent ? As church
    workers, Always has to be a second adult there. The same applies to schools.

About that case I asked the advice of my "boss" as I knew the family well,
    and the answer was the same.

To protect both parties

Your choice always. were it my child I would need to know someone very well before entrusting my child to them alone unless family or close neighbours. My choice.

Advertisement