Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory support on Motheboard

Options
  • 27-05-2019 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Little confused about memory support for a motherboard. I was looking at the Aorus B450 AORUS ELITE, and was looking at using Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) with it.

On the Gigabyte website, it says:
    Support for DDR4 3200(O.C.)/2933/2667/2400/2133 MHz memory modules

What exactly do they mean by overclock in this situation?
    Would this memory be ok to use with this motherboard with a Ryzen 2600X?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

DDR4 "standard" is 2133MHz, everything above that is XMP (basically, overclocked).

You should be fine with that kit, just go into BIOS and enable XMP to get it to run at its rated 3200MHz speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 feedyourhead

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    DDR4 "standard" is 2133MHz, everything above that is XMP (basically, overclocked).

You should be fine with that kit, just go into BIOS and enable XMP to get it to run at its rated 3200MHz speed.

What if I was to go with a 3000 kit?
    As I read that 3000 seems to be the sweet spot for the 2600x.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'd still go with 3200 if it's cheap enough (i.e. a fiver difference), 3200 will be standard for Zen 2 which just got announced.

Advertisement