Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I take on Student a Council role

Options
  • 27-05-2019 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

So just received additional CID hours and in meeting with principal I was asked would I take on the role of Student Council co-ordinator.

It would involve meeting students at lunchtimes and organising student led activities throughout the year.

Of course I said yes - I was caught on the hop and couldn’t really say no! I really haven’t a clue what I’m getting myself into. I’m never been on student council even when I was in school and I won’t be receiving training as there’s no funding.

Any advice as to what other schools do and what’s involved in would be appreciated. I’ve looked up suggestions. and the activities some schools do are amazing but it seems so time consuming I’m getting worried I’ll never have a lunch break.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Given that the thread title seems like a question, I'm going to answer that.
    Should you take the role as student council coordinator when you already have a CID? Only if you want to.

That being said, it's probably a bit late to back out now, if you've already agreed to it.

Advertisement