Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ber cert

Options
  • 28-05-2019 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi ,just wondering if i need a ber cert when selling my house privately, i have agreed a price with someone and selling it without an auchioneer, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Yes you do

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

Hi ,just wondering if i need a ber cert when selling my house privately, i have agreed a price with someone and selling it without an auchioneer, thanks in advance.

Yes it’s a legal requirement now when selling or renting a house. Their solicitor will be asking for it and your solicitor will tell you it has to be provided.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes, its required by law.
    It should only cost about €150 for a typical 3 bed in an urban setting.

Advertisement