Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV shows you’d love to see return

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Recently finished, never to return...

Detectorists, Peter Kaye's Car Share.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Phoenix Nights would have been another…. I’ve always been curious as to why that never made a comeback…. Given its success and popularity.

all the main cast are still alive so….

that was loved by the critics and the public… think there was more life in that show….there is supposedly a third series written that’s just being sitting on a shelf for over a decade. Also Peter Kay more recently has alluded to a film being a possibility.

Think that could be dangerous. TV is littered with shows that decided to jump up to the big screen only to be very ‘meh’…

something I like and most people too…. sitting down for a 30 minute injection of comedy, laughs and entertainment and getting to do it over next week, the week after etc….fück this film business.

Car share can be amusing but Sian Gibson and her character I think are annoying more than funny. I can never decide if her character is just really that odd or just a case of iffy enough acting. It’s pretty safe and predictable….

Post edited by Heighway61 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

*dramatic voice *"The Fugitive´s name is Doctor Richard Kimble."

The recent court testimony of Josef Puska had me thinking of this TV series (not making light of the case in Tullamore)

Puska claimed a mysterious stranger did the murder and in The Fugitive it was the one-armed man. Only in the TV show it was true!

This TV show is ancient and filmed in B&W but dammit it was hugely popular in Ireland. The day the TV show finished there were multiple radio call in shows like Gay Byrne on RTE discussing it. It was a superbly produced and well acted TV show

Bring it back! Maybe at a slot that RTE do not want like 11pm. Hell I will watch or get later on the RTE player

The movie with Tommy Lee Jones and Harrison Ford was nothing on the TV series. That film was muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Old shows were good because they were reacting to contemporary issues. Just remaking Glenroe wouldn't work now. The idea of Dublin growing and the suburbs reaching into rural communities was interesting back then. It gave you the hig city/small village dynamic which was novel back then but it isn't novel anymore. It was novel back when Glenroe was new, and that's what made Glenroe good.

Then old shows were dealing with the issues of the day. So if they remake shows with modern issues of the day, people just complain they're gone WOKE. They don't realise lots of those old shows were woke in their context. Think of the people complaining that the new Star Trek series was WOKE because the lead character was a woman. Imagine not seeing the irony of calling Star Trek WOKE. The show that was protested for an interracial kiss, is too WOKE.

I'd leave old shows alone. I know most new shows aren't interesting to me, so I say let the creative people come up with new shows and I'll watch the ones that interest me. I've only got so much time to watch telly anyway so I find there are more shows I'd like to see than I have time for anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

The Wire. I'd like to see a new series and see what everything is like in Baltimore 15 years later. See how Dukie, Michael, Randy and Namond getting on since we last saw them.

No way! Get up the yard. It was brilliant, leave it alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Nostalgia maybe but

The Greatest American Hero

Hill Street Blues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

Maybe Baywatch, a show like that can work in any decade because of the many stories that a beach side location can provide. Although I suppose the actors would be degenerate millennials and zoomers even more degenerate than the original cast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Blakes 7 - yes please - wasn't there talk about it but never happened

So many shows said here that would never happen in this day and age unfortunately - how could you ever redo The Golden Girls, just perfection at the time and still hilarious as ever now.

Cheers - a playground for many actors but such a "nice" show - that could be done again

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Melling Road

The High Chapparal

Mannix

Jake and the fat man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

If they haven't already been mentioned..

Bewitched

I Dream of Jeannie

Quantum Leap

Stargate SG-1

Sabrina The Teenage Witch

Futurama

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I'd love to see a third season of Utopia, brilliant, mindbending stuff.

They already redid Quantum Leap. There was a thread about it. Most disliked it and thought it was WOKE because not all the main characters were white, amongst other things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Utopia which was cancelled after two season by Channel 4. The American remake was a terrible disaster in comparison.

Being young is a great advantage, since we see the world from a new perspective and we are not afraid to make radical changes - Greta Thunburg

Advertisement