Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text about CC fraud

Options
  • 28-05-2019 1:08am

I received a text from +353873284161 which I assumed to be fake purporting to be from BOI and asking me to reply yes or no about a transaction I had not made.

I checked on your website what I should do about potential fraud and it advised me to email 365security@boi.com which I did. I sent screenshots and a copy of the phone number and asked to be emailed back if this was genuine and advised what to do.

8 days later I have received no response but have discovered my CC is locked when I tried quite embarassingly to pay for something. 

Should I take it that the text about the possibly fradulent transaction is real and should I reply to it? Should I expect 365security to respond to my email?

If this is a genuine text and this is a genuine number, why don't BOI have the numbers they text from listed on their website?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us overnight and checking this with us.

Yes, our Card Security Team will send an SMS or email to a customer checking the validity of a transaction on your account, they will ask you to reply 'Yes' or 'Flag'. They will never ask for any banking account details, card or PIN umbers etc.

Sorry to hear you tried looking into this with our Online Team and have yet to have a response, we'll have this checked internally.  

You can reply back to the SMS, any restrictions will be lifted for you, usually within 2-3 hours. Contact can also be made with the Team through this email address - fpucardsecurity@boi.com

And thanks for the valid suggestion relating to the BOI contact numbers, we'll forward this to our colleagues.

Please do come back to us here if you continue to have any difficulty with your card and we'll certainly help you.

Many thanks
    Alison

Advertisement