Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking Boots

Options
  • 28-05-2019 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

Im in the marker for a pair of boots, mainly for the summer months for shooting in the dryer weather and for clay shooting.

I have a pair of Meindl Dorves, find them great, but im looking for something lower,(faster to put on and take off) not so expensive, and ill keep the meindl for the wetter months.

Doesn't have to be 100% waterproof but I dont want to have drenched feet in damp grass either.

Any recommendations for<€100?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

For that sort of dry work,I 'd recommend the Aussie made Red Back boot.They are drover/jodphur style,slip on/off and are feckin brilliant.I bought two pairs about four years ago ,one steel capped and the other non,and they have been my ED foot wear since.I'd usually burn out any sort of military/outdoor boot within 18 months,but these just keep on going.Give them a lick of saddle soap once in awhile and they are fine. Recommend Ebay for them as well.Even with shipping,they are cheaper than buying them here .:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭J.R.

I'm like you - I've a pair of Le Chameau Mouflon GTX high boots for winter - lovely & warm & waterproof...but too heavy and warm for summer wear.

I've a pair of Peter Storm leather boots for good weather wear. They are waterproof & surprisingly comfortable with a Vibram sole. Worn with lightweight gortex gaitors they are ideal summer wear for damp grass.

I couldn't faulty them ...pleasantly surprised.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Peter-Storm-Skiddaw-Walking-Hiking-Boots-UK-8-Euro-42-Brown-With-Box-9-5-K-CH/183804762109?hash=item2acb9e17fd:g:ovEAAOSwAYlc1CxX

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ronspiers

Try viper tactical bought a pair myself about 3 years ago for 70euro and still there going.side zips which are stiched pretty strong making them easy to get on and off quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I don't hunt, but used to climb/walk a lot and Salamon used to make really good summer boots. I used them trekking in Australia (outback) and Ireland in the summer. Light, strong, durable and good support. Like you, use Meindles in the winter so they might suit you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

Are you near any sports direct shops, they stock a big range of karrimor walking boots, not sure how good they are but reckon they’d do the trick for light work

• Advertisement
Advertisement