Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pyrite Testing

• 28-05-2019 9:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Need some advice please. I am about to sell an apartment in an estate in Kildare which was affected by pyrite. While I have never had issues with the property, I have been advised to get a green cert before I put it on the market. Can anyone advise if this is a costly process and recommend anyone who does this in the Kildare area?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

you estate agent should know someone

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

you estate agent should know someone

Apparently not!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭RORY O CONNOR

It is no longer called a Grren cert. A property is now given a risk category from one of the arrroved enegineers on the Engineers Ireland Pyrite register website. The process is a full structural survey by one of the acredited engineers and have geological testing done on the stone infill by company such as IGSL. From the sample testing it can be determined what the active Pyrite levels (if any) are and then it can be determined what the future risk of expansion of the stone infill might be. There are 4 risk levels: No risk, low, medium and high. If the apartmnet is not on the ground floor then there is no risk as there is no stone under the apartmnetr-only another apartment!

Advertisement