Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Redmi K20 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

That is a solid price tag for that phone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

But will Europe see them great prices hmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Looks great, but hopefully we get a global version as it does not have band 20 meaning you might not get 4g in some areas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

So folks, where can we get one on release?

probably wait a couple of weeks after release and check eglobal, honorbuy, geekbuying

will wait for reviews to see how it does on the camera front.

it has NFC thankfully.

• Advertisement

So folks, where can we get one on release?

It’s not going on sale until next week, but better off waiting for global version as it will have better chance of working on all networks here

Yeah that one looks to be missing a few bands we'd use over here so coverage might be spotty depending where you live.
    I imagine the global version won't be far off being announced now.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Yeah that one looks to be missing a few bands we'd use over here so coverage might be spotty depending where you live.
    I imagine the global version won't be far off being announced now.
    Supposedly the global versions will be called mi9t and mi9t Pro as they want to keep redmi as budget brand outside China.

Supposedly the global versions will be called mi9t and mi9t Pro as they want to keep redmi as budget brand outside China.
    As long as the spec is the same and the price isn't too different, I don't care what they call it :pac:

As long as the spec is the same and the price isn't too different, I don't care what they call it :pac:

Same, my LG G6 is on the way out as battery is terrible so have been looking for new phone that will last 2 years. The k20 pro checks every box for me. Was half tempted to go for galaxy a70 as it would work out as 340 but think 6.7 is too big for a phone plus there are issues with camera and finger print scanner.

Otherwise I'll probably go for Mi9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Would love to see to see a Mi A3 version on the 'non-Pro', but I'd say that the Mi A3 will end up being a rebadge of something lower specced, assuming there even is one.

So looks like the global versions could actually be pocofone f2 and pocofone f2 pro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

https://grossoshop.net/products/ticket-redmi-k20

Anyone ever use this site? I cant seem to find if they deliver to ireland.you preorder(the redmi k20) with a €25 deposit,when the phone is available you then get a €50 discount coupon.

Anyone ever use this site? I cant seem to find if they deliver to ireland.you preorder(the redmi k20) with a €25 deposit,when the phone is available you then get a €50 discount coupon.

never heard of it. but you don't know what the total price that they will set will be!

probably safer to wait for the global version to come out and be widely available.

Never heard of it but as has been mentioned, wait for global version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Never heard of it but as has been mentioned, wait for global version

The offer is available for the global version,they also guarentee the best available price

The offer is available for the global version,they also guarentee the best available price

personally I would steer clear but go ahead if you want.

do a google search on the site first obv

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

I'd stick with the usual sites as well... It ain't worth it for the few euros you'd save... Hold your horses for a bit and see what's available when the global Version comes up... My tuppence worth

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Xiaomi are almost confusing things releasing so many similar phones - mi 9, mi 9t, k20 pro and a possible poco f2

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    Xiaomi are almost confusing things releasing so many similar phones - mi 9, mi 9t, k20 pro and a possible poco f2

Yeah geekbuying have mi9t on their website.

Looks to have been announced today as the Mi 9T Pro.
    Hopefully we'll have a price soon. If it's decent, my trusty 7 plus could be getting replaced.

Looks to have been announced today as the Mi 9T Pro.
    Hopefully we'll have a price soon. If it's decent, my trusty 7 plus could be getting replaced.

Where was it announced today ???

Looks to be a few Indian sites reporting on it, mention it being launched at a few events in Europe today

Looks to be a few Indian sites reporting on it, mention it being launched at a few events in Europe today
    Hmmm I'll check that out because they announced the mi 9t yesterday officialy.but no mention of the pro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

massy086 wrote: »
    Where was it announced today ???

Interested in this too!

I thought the Mi range only had the K20 announced as the Mi 9T. But not the pro?

My thoughts are that the K20 PRO will be announced in another month or so as the Pocophone F2.

biebiebie wrote: »
    Interested in this too!

I thought the Mi range only had the K20 announced as the Mi 9T. But not the pro?

My thoughts are that the K20 PRO will be announced in another month or so as the Pocophone F2.
    Correct, the Mi 9T was announced yesterday. There has been no confirmation as of now that the Mi 9T Pro will be released in Europe. Chances are, as you said, it will probably be announced in the coming months

Yeah looks to have been the 9T and not the pro.
    Feckin sites reporting wrong phones being released. Some Dutch crowd even had it on their site for sale briefly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

So folks, has anyone grabbed one of these? Or even know the best site to get one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

No band 20, no dice

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Breener122

No band 20, no dice

Why is that important? Does it affect the regular user?

Breener122 wrote: »
    Why is that important? Does it affect the regular user?
    One of the main 4G bands used by carriers here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

The 9t is the global version on the K20 pro so has more 4G bands including band 20 and multilingual ROM with google play services. Has a slightly slower processor not that most users would notice and the main camera sensor while still 48 megapixels is a generation behind only difference is 4k 60fps versus 4k 30fps on the 9t. I persuaded my niece to abondon Apple for a 9t from honorbuy - my sister didn't eant to fork out silly money for another iPhone! It should be arriving today and I hope to get a look at it over the weekend do will post back here with my impressions.

digitaldr wrote: »
    The 9t is the global version on the K20 pro so has more 4G bands including band 20 and multilingual ROM with google play services. Has a slightly slower processor not that most users would notice and the main camera sensor while still 48 megapixels is a generation behind only difference is 4k 60fps versus 4k 30fps on the 9t. I persuaded my niece to abondon Apple for a 9t from honorbuy - my sister didn't eant to fork out silly money for another iPhone! It should be arriving today and I hope to get a look at it over the weekend do will post back here with my impressions.
    9T is the K20
    K20 Pro hasn't been rebadged yet, likely it'll be called a 9T Pro or something

• Advertisement

the 730 in the 9t / k20 is no slouch. pretty much at the level of the snapdragon 845 flagship from last year but more efficient in power usage.

Apologies - just realised my mistake :o. Personally I don't think the pro version is worth the extra.

Yeah, to be honest, I'm waiting to see how much it will be before I pick one. If the price difference isn't huge I'll get the pro.
    Otherwise, the 9T is perfectly fine as well.

The Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro official EU release is imminent.
    Said to start at €429 for the base version.

Any takers?

biebiebie wrote: »
    The Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro official EU release is imminent.
    Said to start at €429 for the base version.

Any takers?

Where are you getting this info????

• Advertisement

Good sources in the know on Twitter.
    Not gospel mind you. But not usually bull either.

K20 Pro pricing here. €429 for 64gb, €479 for 128gb.

Yep same source! :)

not worth 170 more imo vs 128gb on eglobal for mi 9t
    worth 50 / 60 more

• Registered Users Posts: 13 vxdvxvdxvdxvx

Would there be any issues with the Redmi K20 Pro Honorbuy has for sale working in Ireland?

Would there be any issues with the Redmi K20 Pro Honorbuy has for sale working in Ireland?
    Yes no LTE band 20 on the k20 pro.just buy the 9t pro

• Registered Users Posts: 13 vxdvxvdxvdxvx

Where would you recommend buying a 9t pro, or a good value Mi 9? Where is reliable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

I got my Xiaomi Mi 9T from Honorbuy when it came out. It was from one of their European warehouses, so I didnt get stung with duty charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Wquirke1234

Looking to buy the Mi9T Pro but have just one concern re notifications...

Notifications? Do they stay on the status bar until read? Are alerts highlighted over the app and do appear on lock screen.

I have the Pocophone but the whole notification issue is a little annoying.

Advertisement