Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haircut for €10 in Limerick City and pay with Contactless

• 28-05-2019 12:07pm

Where can I get my haircut for €10 in Limerick City and pay with Contactless. I’m looking to change and where I used to go went from €10 to €15 and I prefer to pay contactless as I don’t like carrying cash.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I didn’t know you could still get a haircut for a tenner. Sorry for being absolutely no help

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I get my head shaved for 10 in macs in castletroy and pay by contactless. I'd imagine anything more complicated than a head shave will cost more than 10

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Anyone cutting hair for €10 won't be able to take card

Treepole wrote: »
    Anyone cutting hair for €10 won't be able to take card

I buy milk across the road this morning with my card with just a tap why wouldn’t they

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Where can I get my haircut for €10 in Limerick City and pay with Contactless. I’m looking to change and where I used to go went from €10 to €15 and I prefer to pay contactless as I don’t like carrying cash.

Thank you

You can pay upto 30 euro contactles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

I buy milk across the road this morning with my card with just a tap why wouldn’t they

think about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Thank you

€10 aint that heavy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

It costs the vendor money to provide a card payment system for their customers, yes contactless is cheaper as all the transactions are processed together at night. But you cannot just provide contactless as not all cards have that feature and some people don't like using it and prefer chip and pin.

Hairdressers and barbers are usually small businesses and shouldn't be expected to absorb the cost of providing a card system.

In my opinion its a bit idiotic to carry just one payment option on you. Asking for trouble and inconveniences. I work in retail and in the last year I have experienced all electronic payment systems go down nation wide on three occasions. One lasted a few hours the other two were resolved within an hour thankfully.

I get that it's safer not having cash on you but if your really afraid of getting mugged or losing cash, get a belt with a hidden stash pouch and keep 50/100 in there.

Regarding your question OP. I've never seen a barbers do cuts other then a simple buzz cut for 10 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Jaysus lads. The internet at times.

dashoonage wrote: »

Ah sher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭turbbo

dashoonage wrote: »

That what happens when a cavan lad ends up in limerick.

Not sure why anyone would pay €10 for a buzz cut either.

I know plenty of "smart" individuals that do - sickens me - throwing money away just buy a shaver ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭gr8 m8

Hello.

Maybe I'm getting old but I couldn't imagine going into town without a few notes in my pocket!

And if I was worried about getting mugged, how would the mugger know that I don't carry cash?

Personally I think I would prefer to throw down a €20 note and fist full of change on the ground while I leged it down the road instead of trying to explain that I don't carry any cash on me for just such a situation!

gr8 m8 wrote: »
    Hello.

Maybe I'm getting old but I couldn't imagine going into town without a few notes in my pocket!

And if I was worried about getting mugged, how would the mugger know that I don't carry cash?

Personally I think I would prefer to throw down a €20 note and fist full of change on the ground while I leged it down the road instead of trying to explain that I don't carry any cash on me for just such a situation!

Have you got apple or google pay? Just started using it recently and I have to say it's a step up from the tap card(no 30 quid limit) - all you need is your phone - defo is the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭gr8 m8

Hello

Is there a bank charge on the contactless or tap card or Google pay thing? For the holder of the card I mean?

Seems pointless looking for deals if the bank are going to load on a euro every time you use it.

I'm from Kilkenny and usually a haircut costs €12 in most places but I'll pay €15 euro to one place I go because if you have a wedding coming up he just does a sharper job.

Hello

Is there a bank charge on the contactless or tap card or Google pay thing? For the holder of the card I mean?

Seems pointless looking for deals if the bank are going to load on a euro every time you use it.

I'm from Kilkenny and usually a haircut costs €12 in most places but I'll pay €15 euro to one place I go because if you have a wedding coming up he just does a sharper job.

not on my one - it's free - just shop around - using n26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Hello.

Thing is not every guy tapping a card owns the card,if you know what I mean. 😆

Thing is not every guy tapping a card owns the card,if you know what I mean. ��

Yeah apple/google pay is way more secure too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Hello

Think mine cost 1 cent with BOI.

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    That's a fair whack of ****e. Coffee shops, fast food restaurants can all provide card payment services with much higher over heads.

They expect tips these days too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

A barber only charging a tenner more than likely doesn't want to use contactless nor anything on paper.

A barber only charging a tenner more than likely doesn't want to use contactless nor anything on paper.

Oh really thanks

Oh really thanks

Clearly you don't know why....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

turbbo wrote: »
    That what happens when a cavan lad ends up in limerick.

Would never happen. He'd get stuck in the cul de sac on the way south :)

Clearly you don't know why....

Because the bank takes a cut?

Because the bank takes a cut?

If it goes to through the machine then the taxman gets to take his cut. No barber could possibly charge a tenner and pay tax at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

OSI wrote: »
    That's a fair whack of ****e. Coffee shops, fast food restaurants can all provide card payment services with much higher over heads.

But also much higher volume to dilute the knock - not carrying it would negatively effect their business as convenience is king in 99% of the business you mentioned in your example :o

I love how wildly off topic this thread has gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

New York Barber Shop in Arthur’s Quay do a €10 dry cut, not sure which days, used be Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Pretty sure they take card.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    New York Barber Shop in Arthur’s Quay do a €10 dry cut, not sure which days, used be Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Pretty sure they take card.

The lady in the shop told me it’s cash only but she didn’t speak very good English

Advertisement