Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haircut for €10 in Limerick City and pay with Contactless

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BnB

Tight Hoor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

colm_mcm wrote: »
    New York Barber Shop in Arthur’s Quay do a €10 dry cut, not sure which days, used be Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Pretty sure they take card.

I don't think they take card (unless things have changed in the last few months).

Customer ahead of me had to go to the atm and so did I when I was finished. Tax-man would have a field-day there I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,013 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

turbbo wrote: »
    Have you got apple or google pay? Just started using it recently and I have to say it's a step up from the tap card(no 30 quid limit) - all you need is your phone - defo is the future.

And if you get mugged then they will not only have your phone but also definitely get €30 of goods and potentially €90. Contactless is convient but no safer than carrying money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭turbbo

Del2005 wrote: »
    And if you get mugged then they will not only have your phone but also definitely get €30 of goods and potentially €90. Contactless is convient but no safer than carrying money.

Yeah nobody carries a phone with them in Limerick City. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

New York Barber Shop in Arthur’s Quay do a €10 dry cut, not sure which days, used be Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Pretty sure they take card.

The lady in the shop told me it’s cash only but she didn’t speak very good English
    U so cute, giv me money I make U hapee!

• Advertisement

Yeah nobody carries a phone with them in Limerick City. :rolleyes:

The OP doesn't like carrying cash. All I was trying to point out was that not carrying cash doesn't mean that muggers can't get money from you.

The OP doesn't like carrying cash. All I was trying to point out was that not carrying cash doesn't mean that muggers can't get money from you.

I can see why - phones can be traced via the gps apps, not much use to a mugger if they are locked etc. - Cash is a better option for the criminal always.

I can see why - phones can be traced via the gps apps, not much use to a mugger if they are locked etc. - Cash is a better option for the criminal always.

You do not need to unlock the phone to use tap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Really? I can't use it as I'm with BOI but I was sure you had to unlock your phone to make a payment with Apple Pay.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

h3000 wrote: »
    Really? I can't use it as I'm with BOI but I was sure you had to unlock your phone to make a payment with Apple Pay.

Your phone doesn't unlock but it checks your fingerprint to confirm the transaction on an iPhone.

• Advertisement

h3000 wrote: »

I've Google pay and once the screen is active you can pay. There is supposed to be random verification but I've never had any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I buy milk across the road this morning with my card with just a tap why wouldn’t they

Tax.

I use apple pay every transaction has to be authorised - so either fingerprint or face id. Its far more secure than the wireless card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Isn't it 15 euro now?

Advertisement