Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's mostly cloudy overhead now here in Glasnevin but it is 21.1C. It reached a high of 22.6C sometime in the last half hour.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

getting more cloudy now but feeling very warm, current temperature of 23C, one of the warmest days of the year so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Left Tipp at 11am- 18 degrees and breezy, 90% cloud cover. Got to the Curragh at12pm car showed 23 and about 30% cloud cover. Back in Wicklow and it’s pleasant at 22 degrees but has clouded over a bit more now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Anyone know a good site for predictive cloud cover?

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    It's mostly cloudy overhead now here in Glasnevin but it is 21.1C. It reached a high of 22.6C sometime in the last half hour.

There is still a lot of cloud about but it is completely sunny here now and the temperature's 22.1C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

HighLine wrote: »
    Anyone know a good site for predictive cloud cover?
    Its impossible to predict cloud cover for our island surrounded by cold sea.
    It may be easy to predict cloud cover when theres an Atlantic front approaching but when the weather is settled the rule appears to be sunny mornings, clouding over when the sun is at its strongest in the middle of the day and the sky clearing in the evening. This happened on almost every single day in July from what I can remember.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

back down to 21C now and mostly cloudy with the odd glimse of hazy sunshine.

It's completely sunny and 23.7C here in Glasnevin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭highdef

There is still a lot of cloud about but it is completely sunny here now and the temperature's 22.1C.

"A lot of cloud about" and "completely sunny" sounds like a contradiction to me. If the sun shining where you are located bit there are a lot of clouds about, surely that would make it partly cloudy or fair. Met Eireanns latest reports show it to be cloudy at most stations and fair at a few (5) and poor Cork had light rain.

Sun/clear sky (aka fine) is not being reported anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Still cloudy in Limerick city. It was only 18⁰c according to my car when I came into town about half an hour ago

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Stunner of an evening Dublin. Warm and gorgeous.

highdef wrote: »
    "A lot of cloud about" and "completely sunny" sounds like a contradiction to me. If the sun shining where you are located bit there are a lot of clouds about, surely that would make it partly cloudy or fair. Met Eireanns latest reports show it to be cloudy at most stations and fair at a few (5) and poor Cork had light rain.

Sun/clear sky (aka fine) is not being reported anywhere.

It's similar to now - there's a fair bit of cloud, but not as much as before, about but we seem to be in a clear slot between the clouds which makes it mostly sunny here at the moment. It was fairly cloudy there for a bit before the sun came back out from the clouds. The temperature's 21.1C now. Most of the cloud seems to be breaking up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Suns out here now and quite warm. Lots of black cloud to the north but sun winning through for the last hours thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

No sun in Donegal all day, dark threatening clouds and quite breezy. Just about warm enough for a t shirt and at least it's dry..

Stunner of an evening Dublin. Warm and gorgeous.
    You must be in west Dublin and far from the sea?
    I'm just back from the wooden bridge in Dollymount and it was most unpleasant in a strong cold sea breeze. I was glad I brought a warm top with me. Awful!
    18.4c in my back yard so I'd say maybe 14 or 15 by the sea with considerable windchill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭compsys

I'm just back from the wooden bridge in Dollymount and it was most unpleasant in a strong cold sea breeze. I was glad I brought a warm top with me. Awful!
    18.4c in my back yard so I'd say maybe 14 or 15 by the sea with considerable windchill.

I’m just by the strand and it’s a lovely evening with fair skies.

Describing the weather in Dublin as “awful” seems a bit glass half empty IMO but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Was a scorcher today in Dublin... Very welcome. About to have a bbq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

The last 3 posts? Is it any wonder people on here question some of the weather emanating from Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,597 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Nice evening in Dún Laoghaire with hazy sunny spells but a strong sea breeze. Certainly not what I’d call a stunner.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

The last 3 posts? Is it any wonder people on here question some of the weather emanating from Dublin!

Elmer needs about 28 degrees ambient to be comfortable.

Sure he was cold during last summer's hot spell.

Was very warm in Dublin today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Hazy evening sun in Limerick. Temp just about broke 20c in the afternoon but a disappointing day in light of the forecast from a few days back

Depends? I'm sure a well sheltered spot in a back garden was very pleasant today but a visit to the seaside was not a good idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭appledrop

Very cloudy here in North Dublin. Don't know how anyone thinks that's a stunning evening.

At this time of year it gets nippy in evening if no sun.

today was certainly an improvement on the past 2 weeks, briefly got to 23C here today but with all the cloud from lunchtime, that didn't last long. Temperatures are dropping fairly sharply now as night time approaches, currently 17C.

Temperatures look similar tomorrow, low 20's across most of the country, but we are on the very western extent of the warm temperatures. This high pressure shifted further to the east compared to the forecasts a few days ago, rather than a direct hit, which is why this spell isn't that hot or particularly sunny.

27-580UK.GIF?23-12

Still relatively warm on Sunday but the warmth is getting pushed eastwards with cooler Atlantic air slowly taking over:

48-580UK.GIF?23-12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Went to a local swimming spot in Castleconnell Co. Limerick at around 5pm and it was deserted. It was partly cloudy with sunshine but not feeling too warm, 20°C according to my car.

It's similar to now - there's a fair bit of cloud, but not as much as before, about but we seem to be in a clear slot between the clouds which makes it mostly sunny here at the moment. It was fairly cloudy there for a bit before the sun came back out from the clouds. The temperature's 21.1C now. Most of the cloud seems to be breaking up now.

Got ya now. Was in a similar situation for about an hour this afternoon when it was over 90% cloudy but a fixed area of clear sky remained between my house and the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Wut

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Great day in Dublin today. Ended up with a high of 25.1c in Dublin 16.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Stoneybatter. It’s still gorgeous. Lovely.
    I dunno how much you get that heat keep in city centers. Might be that.

• Advertisement

lawred2 wrote: »
    Wut

Interestingly, Met Eireanns computer generated forecast highs for Dublin are supported to some extent by other models. In fact, Met Eireanns computer generated forecast high for Dublin city shows a peak of 28c around 15:00/16:00

The Euro 4 is showing a high of 26c tomorrow afternoon in Dublin city.
    - It's probably picking up on a possible Fohn in the city.
    488933.png

The lower detailed ECM is showing highest temperatures in North Kildare and South Meath. Interestingly, the white coloured highest temperature 25c figure is almost slap bang over my house :D
    488934.png

The ICON shows a max of 23c in West Dublin/East Kildare.
    488935.png

Advertisement