Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

highdef wrote: »
    Interestingly, Met Eireanns computer generated forecast highs for Dublin are supported to some extent by other models. In fact, Met Eireanns computer generated forecast high for Dublin city shows a peak of 28c around 15:00/16:00

The Euro 4 is showing a high of 26c tomorrow afternoon in Dublin city.
    - It's probably picking up on a possible Fohn in the city.
    488933.png

The lower detailed ECM is showing highest temperatures in North Kildare and South Meath. Interestingly, the white coloured highest temperature 25c figure is almost slap bang over my house :D
    488934.png

The ICON shows a max of 23c in West Dublin/East Kildare.
    488935.png

And what do those charts have for North Kerry over the weekend?

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭highdef

lawred2 wrote: »
    And what do those charts have for North Kerry over the weekend?

:(

Temperature wise, generally mid teens and maybe high teens in east Kerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

highdef wrote: »

488935.png

Ballykissangle?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

It was dry
    That’s as good as it got

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

km79 wrote: »
    It was dry
    That’s as good as it got

Not around here, ended up raining on and off all evening. "It was milder than usual" is about as good as I can say for Donegal.

And looking at the radar theres plenty more rain to come :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Extremely muggy this morning in Cork

Gorgeous in Dublin but cool and rainy in North Kerry according to ME.

Fantastic altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A morning with heaven on its breath... Been to the Church very early along the coast lanes. Cloud but clear, freshening air .. tiny wispy clouds scudding up the mountain sides.. Sands bare at low tide... Could die happy today. Of course weather is more meaningful and immediate in this luxury of sheer beauty and peace... The wind is now a kind breeze. Ah! I am utterly in love

west mayo offshore haven

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Cloudy to my west, Clear sky and sunshine over head and to my east, nice morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭OldRio

Graces7 wrote: »
    A morning with heaven on its breath... Been to the Church very early along the coast lanes. Cloud but clear, freshening air .. tiny wispy clouds scudding up the mountain sides.. Sands bare at low tide... Could die happy today. Of course weather is more meaningful and immediate in this luxury of sheer beauty and peace... The wind is now a kind breeze. Ah! I am utterly in love

west mayo offshore haven

Raining when I awoke. Crap again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Lovely morning in Cork, already approaching 20 degrees. Balmy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Strange cork city is dark grey cloudy and not a sign of any sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Yesterday evening was lovely and it was dry for much of day.

People need to harden up!

Nice few days ahead for the capital by looks of things

No it was actually mostly cloudy for me with some sunny spells. There was drizzle too during the morning and afternoon, even if the evening was nice in my opinion, it still wouldn't be enough to save an otherwise poor day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

10am

Casement 21 degrees
    Knock 15 degrees.

Those in the East get out and enjoy the weather,those in the West enjoy the rugby on the box

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

With no wind the dreaded midge are out in force. UNCLEAN! PLAGUE! Rain would be a blessing as it always is anyways ..

Glad I had my early outing... Bliss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Artane2002 wrote: »
    No it was actually mostly cloudy for me with some sunny spells. There was drizzle too during the morning and afternoon, even if the evening was nice in my opinion, it still wouldn't be enough to save an otherwise poor day.

It was mostly sunny here in Glasnevin and completely dry. A beautiful day. And a high temperature of 23.8C. You can't be that far from me but completely different weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,597 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    It was mostly sunny here in Glasnevin and completely dry. A beautiful day. And a high temperature of 23.8C. You can't be that far from me but completely different weather.

He’s referring to Thursday as far as I’m aware in which he is dead right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭highdef

Breezy and mostly cloudy in North kildare but mild at about 21c.

There's a lot mid and high level cloud with just a few breaks to be seen, mainly to my North and North East. I'm about 40km from the coast.

If I manage to kill enough wasps today, I may be able to have an outdoor pizza evening without being constantly pestered.

In other news, I spotted a grass hopper for the first time in my back garden this morning, almost ten years after moving to my current location.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Graces7 wrote: »
    With no wind the dreaded midge are out in force. UNCLEAN! PLAGUE! Rain would be a blessing as it always is anyways ..

Glad I had my early outing... Bliss

Hate midges. Where are you located??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A wet dull morning in Castlebar, just nudging 14C currently.

• Advertisement

Drove from Dublin to Limerick pretty much under cloud cover. Seems to be brightening up a little. Let's see what the rest of the journey brings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Another cracking day in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Rain again in Galway it's a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Driving from clon to skibbereen and it’s slowly getting darker and foggier with some heavy drops of rain. I’d say cork upwards is a battle ground scenario between the heat and the low pressure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Lovely morning here hazy sunshine but balmy. Easily best day in a long while most enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Another miserable wet day in Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Another miserable wet day in Donegal

Ya another drizzly day. The west normally does best when we get warm spells but this month of August is turning into a very poor month. Lots of rain with heavy regular downpours and very little sun.

Land must be soaked west of the shannon. All that silage will be needed yet if September doesn't come decent.

A real heavy area of rain showing up on the radar off the south west coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Feeling pretty warm near Limerick City. The sun is attempting to break out but there is still a lot of clouds in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Beautiful in Kildare now 25c. Not completely sunny but majority of the sky now is sunshine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Partly cloudy and 20.6C now in Glasnevin.

Advertisement