Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mammychicken

its dark, its cold and its lashing down here in Mullingar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

Feeling very warm in the sun in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Jpmarn wrote: »
    By this time last year I had several outdoor swims. I have none so far this year. It looks like we are getting 3 seasons in one day with summer missing.

Just to add to my post from yesterday evening. THE CENTRAL HEATING HAS BEEN IN USE MOST EVENINGS IN THE PAST WEEK.

Thinking of cutting a field for silage in Co. Limerick but I'll be watching the radar for any possible thunder showers before the mower is started up.
    At least I have fair weather and it is quite pleasant bu not that warm at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

eon1208 wrote: »
    Is it inconcievable that this high could envelop Ireland Sryan.

It’s not inconceivable but unlikely. Some teleconnections favour a waning away or weakening of the Greenland blocking through the second half of June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Another beautiful sunshine morning turns to cloud, seems to be happening at the same time each day.

I'm not saying it's warm but I haven't had the heating on since April. I sleep with the window open. Just because it's a degree or two below average June temperature doesn't mean it's cold. It's the showers that piss me off. Very unpredictable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

Lovely day in North Clare today, silage getting cut later to be baled tomorrow, too risky leaving it till Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

BBC forecast just on,over 60 mm of rain forecast for SE England today and up to 100mm by tomorrow evening. The low associated with it will bring the heavy rain over Eastern Ireland by Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Unexpected shower off the Irish sea this morning, once that passed just before 12pm it has turned out like a summer's day! (so far! :))

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭pauldry

Markree 81mm rain for June. Months quota reached after 9 days

Sligo 54mm

The 150mm pre month prediction for Sligo could go close

Lots more rain in the next 10 days

Annoyingly still got sunburnt at weekend even though cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Beautiful summers day here in Arklow
    A real tonic
    Very light breeze so feels warm in that Sun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lovely in DCC today

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Convection really getting going this afternoon. A few rumbles heard in the distance here in Waterford City.

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

been a nice day so far after this mornings heavy showers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Unbroken sunshine for most of the day. Not much warmth though with temps struggling at around 13C. Spring-like weather is the right term for the conditions we've been having in the past few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Met Eireann's latest 'Ag report' summary for the last 7 days with a comparison with the same report for the same period last year:

uGeyWPl.png

Such a difference! Around 5 degrees cooler this time around and a hell of a lot wetter too. Note how much higher the soil temps were this time last year as well. Almost 20 degrees on average compared to the current 13.6 degrees.

Data - Met Eireann

New Moon

Last year was the exception though. This year is normal enough. 2015 is still the coldest summer I can remember. Especially June.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the rainfall event over England looks intense with over 100mm predicted in some parts over the next 3 to 4 days, probably be flooding there developing through the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Beautiful afternoon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Last year was the exception though. This year is normal enough. 2015 is still the coldest summer I can remember. Especially June.

I all my many years I don't remember going to bed in June with a hot water bottle .

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I all my many years I don't remember going to bed in June with a hot water bottle .

I had the heating on in early to mid-June 2015 and I never have the heating on in summer time. Grass frost here on the 9th/10th June then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,234 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just driven back up from south mayo to athenry to get the lawn cut
    Absolutely gorgeous day
    And then I reached athenry
    Sigh

Hailstones now
    Stuck in the car
    AGAIN

Top 5 warmest summers on record for Ireland (records back to 1967) using the IMT.

1. 1995; 16.6c
    2. 1983; 16.0c
    3. 2018; 16.0c
    4. 1976; 16.0c
    5. 2013; 15.7c

Top 5 coolest summers on record in comparison.

1. 1972; 13.3c
    2. 1985; 13.4c
    3. 2011; 13.4c
    4. 1986; 13.5c
    5. 1974; 13.5c

Data from Met Éireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

The 1985 summer had that super thunderstorm, perhaps a repeat? ;)

Both my outdoor thermometers says it's 18C here in north Dublin, more sun than cloud out today!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Gonzo wrote: »
    the rainfall event over England looks intense with over 100mm predicted in some parts over the next 3 to 4 days, probably be flooding there developing through the week.

People over there were crying out for rain, especially farmers. The presenter on the forecast earlier said "be careful what you wish for".

Wow! The loudest and most continuous thunder I've ever heard just now, also the heaviest rain I've ever seen. Pure black out the front window and the sun shining in the back window!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

People over there were crying out for rain, especially farmers. The presenter on the forecast earlier said "be careful what you wish for".

If the ground in the UK is that dry then it won't be able to handle that amount of rain in a short time. Flooding guranteed if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,234 ✭✭✭✭km79

Someone has turned the lights and heat off in east galway
    Pitch black clouds just to my east
    Stay there !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Gorgeous evening Dublin 2

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Wow! The loudest and most continuous thunder I've ever heard just now, also the heaviest rain I've ever seen. Pure black out the front window and the sun shining in the back window!

where?

hardly a cloud in the sky in DCC

• Advertisement

lawred2 wrote: »
    where?

hardly a cloud in the sky in DCC

East limerick. It's passed now and sky is blue again.

Advertisement