Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,234 ✭✭✭✭km79

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Monday 10th still the best day of this rubbish June in Dublin 13. Too much cloud for my liking today.

Perfect study weather !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,140 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Beautiful evening here in Castlebar with long clear spells with little or no cloud about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

That didn't turn out as good a summer's day as I was hoping for. The high was only 18.8C earlier ( I thought it was to reach 20 today) and it's gone quite cloudy. It's 15.5C and mostly cloudy now. There's also a strong enough easterly wind which feels quite cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Sunny all day Galway...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Very nice weather today in Dublin but its Sunday im watching anxiously!

Two weeks ago I got absolutely hammered leaving Croke Park so I'm hoping for a better day this time!

This time last year I was fussing over it being to warm and the sun shining in my eyes watching the games! What a difference a year makes ha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Well I'm in my t shirt still in Arklow
    Gorgeous evening
    Doesn't feel one bit cold

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Definitely a bit of heat in the sun today but still a nippy breeze about still waiting for the first “warm breeze”

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

Fantastic day here, sunshine all day and warm. 5 miles south of Tuam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭appledrop

Managed to get to playground this evening + only needed a cardigan. That's what summer is all about. Getting to enjoy the outdoors after work in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭squarecircles

heavy rain moving up from the south,thundery bursts,watch thunderstorms die as they reach the south coast,2/3days of blistering heat in England,then epic thundery breakdown over there ,the pig scour flows in from the atlantic in a westerly flow with the anaemic loop the loop ice cream shadings, this summers going down the ****ter. It was very pleasant for most of April May and june here in the West anyways but id advise anyone to starting booking as long a holiday as you can.

the weekend is looking pleasant enough however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Mr Bumble

On the plus side, it's great for fishing....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭pauldry

Cloudy day with light showers in Sligo but got sunny at 920pm ....well at least it wasnt 940pm like last Sunday

More rain tomorrow

May was Summer even though 15c as was Good Friday 22c though it was 7c a few days later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Radio Radio

Is this summer 2008 mark ii ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Beautiful sunny morning in Cork City, makes for a nice change :):pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Nice morning here too. It’s warm in the sun but the sun is a bit in and out. Am I right in reading that next week from Sunday on isn’t looking great?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Cracker

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

completely cloudy here in Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Bright in Castlebar, but only 12.4C and feeling colder in a light breeze, a couple of light showers so far this morning as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭mojesius

Nice heat off the sun out on Inisbofin, breezy but warm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Don't the british met office normally give a reasonably accurate monthly forecast?

Will this summer just peter out or could we get solid good weather for 2 or 3 weeks yet?

It was worrying when the met eireann forecasters were so gloomy a couple of weeks back, like it was a pattern for the summer.

Given the blocking in place at the moment you would expect the westerly pattern to break through at some stage and then who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

lashing rain here now in Meath, heavy showers, I was hoping today would have stayed dry for us, cool now with a temperature of just 14C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Normal service resumed. Heavy shower gone through and it’s been cloudy since mid morning.

no sun at all today, cool and short sharp showers since lunchtime, bit of a rubbish day really.

Mostly cloudy here this afternoon; just had a brief shower; it's currently 16.5C after an earlier high of 17.5C. North Dublin city.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    no sun at all today, cool and short sharp showers since lunchtime, bit of a rubbish day really.

Its mad the difference in a few miles, we've had good glimpses of the sun down here, and only 1 quick shower around lunch time but nothing since, overall not a bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭squarecircles

could next week feel tropical,20 degrees at midnight,with bangs of distant thunder...

ukmaxtemp.pngukstormrisk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Artane2002

could next week feel tropical,20 degrees at midnight,with bangs of distant thunder...

Forget us, look at that 25c over London at midnight! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭scouserstation

Don't the british met office normally give a reasonably accurate monthly forecast?

Will this summer just peter out or could we get solid good weather for 2 or 3 weeks yet?

It was worrying when the met eireann forecasters were so gloomy a couple of weeks back, like it was a pattern for the summer.

Given the blocking in place at the moment you would expect the westerly pattern to break through at some stage and then who knows.

The British met have forecasted mixed weather for the end of June and into the start of July, I would say with the low pressure moving away from us from next week and the Jet stream forecasted moving north of Scotland from the beginning of July things should be a bit more settled

Not a very summery evening here in north Glasnevin. It's just started raining and it's not terribly warm at 13.9C.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Nudged 19c in Arklow today
    Currently 15c
    Summer vibes
    I'm in Tenerife though where theres relatively a lot more summer vibes!

Advertisement