Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Munsterman12

No sport on and crap weather.. wish it was winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

mean gene wrote: »
    You must of lived in a cave mate never heard of bonna night and lived there for 10 years ha

Well I suppose some of the places I lived in just after graduating could nearly have been classified as caves...

I never saw one of those fires around my neck of the woods anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

As good as 26 hours straight of rain in Castlebar, over 30mm now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,140 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Xenji wrote: »
    As good as 26 hours straight of rain in Castlebar, over 30mm now.

And miserable morning so far

• Registered Users Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭appledrop

The rain last night was unreal. Started around 10pm + haven't heard the likes of it in years. It was pounding off the windows. Just had a look there at data + 7.4mm of rain fell in an hour at Dublin airport which is a lot. I think they are dreaming with high temperature s this week. Another horrible misty morning and 14 degrees.

• Advertisement

Total rain fall for yesterday was 19.6mm at Dublin airport. Miserable but at least I didn't feeling guilty going to cinema with that weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭pauldry

Saying 18 to 22c on weather but should say "cooler and cloudier over the Northern half of Ireland with light rain"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

appledrop wrote: »
    Total rain fall for yesterday was 19.6mm at Dublin airport. Miserable but at least I didn't feeling guilty going to cinema with that weather!

Just over 14mm here mid west region. Ground has a lot of soakage to do before we will get flooding tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

interesting - must check the water butt when I get home. Must be full to the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

The skies need to clear to get some heating going if we want to see thunderstorms later. Are we in for a grey damp squib this week? I'm not ruling it out.

• Advertisement

lawred2 wrote: »
    interesting - must check the water butt when I get home. Must be full to the top.

Yep + another 3.2 fell after midnight so will be counted in today's rainfall. It really was unreal rain.

Not a grey damp squib but a slow warming in Northern Half today.
    Temp in Sligo gone DOWN to 13c now.

18c in South

But Met Eireann will claim correctness when its 18c in Sligo at 10 PM!!

Met eireann haven't a clue. Can we have the experts on here give us their interpretation of what will happen this week? Have the predicted models changed + are we just in for normal temperatures now?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Anyone else get the feeling that this is all about to go pear shaped?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭compsys

Met eireann haven't a clue. Can we have the experts on here give us their interpretation of what will happen this week? Have the predicted models changed + are we just in for normal temperatures now?

Why are you saying they haven't a clue? ME haven't been ramping up the heatwave IMO. That's only been done by people here.

This week was never forecast to be totally dry with wall-to-wall sunshine. The opposite almost.

Yes they have. Met eireann have predicted 18-22 degrees today not going to happen. They say odd scattered shower tomorrow+ 19-23 degrees. Then basically according to them Wed-Fri warm + sunny each day with 20-27 degrees Thurs + Fri.

I bet in an hour it will be updated + changed.

That's the national forecast issued at 9.44 today on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Vertical rain hopping off the ground. Dublin 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

What an unbelievable cloud burst!! :eek:
    It looks like places only a km or two away from me didn't get a drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Yes they have. Met eireann have predicted 18-22 degrees today not going to happen. They say odd scattered shower tomorrow+ 19-23 degrees. Then basically according to them Wed-Fri warm + sunny each day with 20-27 degrees Thurs + Fri.

I bet in an hour it will be updated + changed.

It’s already 18-19 degrees here? So I’d say it’s already happened.

• Advertisement

Yes the 18 to 22 will happen its just that it will be evening when those Maxes occur.

It could get higher than the predicted 27c on Thursday but it all depends on cloud cover in "particular" stations.

e.g a clear day in Belmullet with few showers will hardly breach 27c but in MT Dillon or Shannon it might.

Id go for 28c being the top .

I though there was going to be a mini contest.

Its gone UP to 15c in Sligo

Ya can keep yer 41c France. Though we will prob see those temperatures in the 22nd Century

Still only 15 in Dublin. I'm sick of this June weather in Dublin. Looks like west getting good weather but not us.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

feels as warm as it has been so far this year in Dublin right now, to me anyway. Humid. Feels nice to walk around in now that the rain is gone.

How is it warm? Only 16 degrees in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

feels warmer than that, and given we've had highs of 11 and 10c lately it's positively balmy

I suppose it's all relative. Saturday only high of about 17 degrees in Dublin but I thought a brilliant day as once I have the sun I'm happy. These overcast days I never feel warm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

18 degrees now in Cork City, feels very heavy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Horrible couple of days in the west. That low grey cloud with mist that would get you down.

Looking at google weather there is no temperature above 23c predicted for this week.
    More like the average is 16 - 21 with frequent showers and cloudy weather.

What are the predictions for July? The first 3 days I see are 16c with cloud.

Looking at MT's forecast the start of July doesn't look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

No wind makes it feel warmer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

Getting very sultry now in Kildare with the sunshine. Dp near 19c

Advertisement