Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Gonzo wrote: »
    this is almost on the level of the epic fail cold that was predicted for February. No warm spell here at all, every day cloudy from beginning to end. I'm wondering will we even get warm temperatures tomorrow and the 'breakdown' begins on Friday. Very dissapointing.

Only 36 hours ago we were forecasted to be 22C+, Southern England was supposed to be into the 30s. Temperatures there are even lower than here in Ireland.

temp_uk.png

haha

take that Ingerlund

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

RTE have a picture of a big sun with no clouds and 19c for Dublin right now on their website. Are there no windows in Montrose?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,140 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

NATIONAL WARNINGS

Status: YellowHigh-Temperature warning for Galway, Mayo, Clare, Cork, Kerry and Limerick

Status Yellow - High-Temperature warning for Galway, Mayo, Clare, Cork, Kerry and Limerick

Temperatures will be in excess of 27.0 degrees Celsius, during Thursday afternoon.

Valid: Thursday 27 June 2019 13:00 to Thursday 27 June 2019 19:00

Issued: Wednesday 26 June 2019 12:00

Updated: Wednesday 26 June 2019 12:00

• Registered Users Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭appledrop

RTE have a picture of a big sun with no clouds and 19c for Dublin right now on their website. Are there no windows in Montrose?

Obviously not. Met eireann factual reading for 12pm at Dublin airport was 15, yes 15 degrees and cloudy.

Cop on Met Eireann+ update your forecasts based on actually weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭highdef

appledrop wrote: »
    Obviously not. Met eireann factual reading for 12pm at Dublin airport was 15, yes 15 degrees and cloudy.

Cop on Met Eireann+ update your forecasts based on actually weather.

The cloud has proved to have been a little bit more stubborn to shift than was anticipated, hence the untrue readings however the sunshine symbol should become valid within the hour for the Dublin region as a clearance is edging in from the east as I type.

As NIMBYism is quite evident on this forum, temperatures being reported at non-official weather stations in Dublin city and suburbs (where people actually live) are currently ranging from 16 - 18c so not far off that 19c mark. Sheltered parts of urban Dublin should hit or exceed the 20c mark this afternoon when it is sunnier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Gorgeous day, warm but little humidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

There seems to be a curious perception on here that the east of the country is doing poorly this June compared to the rest of the country regarding temps. Not true.

Mean maxima for some eastern located stations this June so far (top 5 warmest)

Phoenix Park: 16.8c
    Oak Park: 16.5c
    Mullingar: 16.2c
    Casement: 16.1c
    Dunsany: 16.0c

=coolest: Johnstown Castle: 15.2c / Dublin Apt at 15.7c

By comparison, same data from more western based stations:
    Top 5 warmest:

Mt. Dillon: 16.8c
    Shannon: 16.5c
    Gurteen: 16.1
    Athenry: 16.0c
    Newport: 15.9c

=coolest: Knock: 14.2c / Malin Hd: 14.4c / Belmullet 14.8c / Finner Camp 15.2c

Data - Met Eireann.

Summary: West coast has been cooler than the east coast, as has the SW and N coasts. Warmest inland with little discernible difference between station readings.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Full cloud cover. Dublin 2

Kutebride wrote: »

I feel that if you update in about 30 - 45 minutes, you may have something sunnier to report.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Kutebride wrote: »

the sun is here in Meath now, hopefully will get sunny in Dublin very soon.

• Advertisement

Sun beginning to break through in Inchicore. Skies not too blue here just yet but expect pretty clear skies in about 20/30 minutes, probably decent blue skies already appearing nearer the east coast of the city now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

highdef wrote: »
    Sun beginning to break through in Inchicore. Skies not too blue here just yet but expect pretty clear skies in about 20/30 minutes, probably decent blue skies already appearing nearer the east coast of the city now.

The evenings seem to be nicer last few days

highdef wrote: »
    I feel that if you update in about 30 - 45 minutes, you may have something sunnier to report.

Teeney tiny blue sky peeking through. Getting there for the evening time.

full blue skies here now in North Dublin

still a strong breeze though

but at least it's bright

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

lawred2 wrote: »
    full blue skies here now in North Dublin

still a strong breeze though

but at least it's bright

big improvement on this morning and the past few days. Breeze has died down a bit here thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

The sky has cleared a lot here in Dublin 11 - mostly blue with some small clouds. And it's 18.1C here now with little wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Breaking news: Sunny now in Dublin City Centre. Still a fair amount of cloud but it doesn't matter to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭OldRio

Fully clouded over in Leitrim. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw rain. This is not what was forecast this morning.
    Another disappointing day in our 'heatwave'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Cork city dark and cloudy. Sun as usual will appear at 630 when the day is done _heatwave me arse

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

LOOK! No socks! summer is here...;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Jesus this thread is depressing.

Looking forward to getting home to the garden
    #blueskies Dublin 2

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭joe199

Lovely day now in North Dublin perfect conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭aidanodr

mean gene wrote: »
    Cork city dark and cloudy. Sun as usual will appear at 630 when the day is done _heatwave me arse

I feel your pain :D .. Here in Carrigaline its been cloudy all day, dark clouds also. A main feature of the last week or so has been CLOUD and more Cloud. Sun makes a rare visit in gaps .. Last few evenings yes, cloud has cleared around 6. Not sure that will happen today.

Heatwave .. YES we have .. above the cloud :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Soon as I finish work I’m going straight to the grand canal to dump rubbish all over the place as is the annual tradition

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

aidanodr wrote: »
    I feel your pain :D .. Here in Carrigaline its been cloudy all day, dark clouds also. A main feature of the last week or so has been CLOUD and more Cloud. Sun makes a rare visit in gaps .. Last few evenings yes, cloud has cleared around 6. Not sure that will happen today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭aidanodr

mean gene wrote: »
    aidanodr wrote: »

And Weather Channel app + others pretty much saying 19 deg next week or more .. CLOUD cloud cloud and wind. Highest temp tomorrow .. wait for it :D 21 deg and .. yes CLOUD.

So yes heatwave me arse, aint happening in the Cork City area anyway it seems, just more of the same as it has been for last week or two .. Did i mention CLOUD :D

Im off to put on the fire its getting chilly :D

Sunset on Paddy's Hill Malahide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Glorious evening in Carlow, just in from the back garden, kids jumping on their trampoline in their pjs!!
    Love this time of year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Summer playing out pretty much how Sryanburren said it would so far. Let's hope it stays accurate. Next week looks glorious in the chats!

Advertisement