Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So according to the met eireann app when I checked it the start of the week Saturday was to have heavy rain high temperatures.

So over last few days that changed to Saturday being a dry day very high temperatures. Now it's fecking back to how it originally was again!!

Wtf?

What are you meant to believe? Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Glorious evening in Carlow, just in from the back garden, kids jumping on their trampoline in their pjs!!
    Love this time of year!

I prefer May and June over July/August so it's a shame to see them go to waste like they have. I really love the long sunny evenings which we didn't have many of this year. Today was a great day after the cloud cleared off though.

I'm going on holidays at the start of July, just when the models are showing an improvement in weather conditions. I went away last year on the hottest day of the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

lawred2 wrote: »
    Sunset on Paddy's Hill Malahide

Thats Portmarnock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

MT has the east as warmest and sunniest on Friday with weather moving in from the west, yet Met have the West coast as warmest, Kilkee 9c warmer than tramore on Fri?

I'm just thinking of which beach to go to with the kids while I have time off work

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Yesterday was lovely. Clear skies today. waiting for a small breeze to scatter the midges so I can water my garden.. usual summer stuff! west mayo offshore

JEEPERS. them critters are ravenous. All over my face and in my eyes. Doors closed now and half asleep with antihistamines. shudders.. But the plants got a drink...thrown at them!

Glorious out there though even with " the midge. " Utterly.. summer,,, enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Thats Portmarnock!

Ah jaysus.. it's a stretch of grass between the two. I wouldn't be the most aware when it comes to townland demarcation.

I parked the car in Malahide before running if that counts :)

Is Malahide AFC in Portmarnock?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭appledrop

What a stunning summer morning. If we can just get rid of this wind in Dublin it's looking good. Come on the heatwave!

Summer Summer Summertime!

MT has the east as warmest and sunniest on Friday with weather moving in from the west, yet Met have the West coast as warmest, Kilkee 9c warmer than tramore on Fri?

I'm just thinking of which beach to go to with the kids while I have time off work

I'd say West would be better if not too far away. It hit 22 degrees yesterday in Athenry + Valentina but we were stuck with 17 at Dublin airport. Also warning for high temperatures all for West coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭eon1208

Met eireann are now giving heavy rain likely Saturday. How likely is this. Up to an hour ago the were only giving 0.9mm or so. That would be fine for my farming job I'm in the middle of. But heavy rain saturday into Sunday would scupper me. Can Sryan or Gonzo update on this because the good dry weather seems to be going out with a bang. I need to take alternative tomorrow if more than light rain falls over the weekend. Advice really appreciated folks.

21 degrees already in Valentina at 9am. Pretty amazing.

Come on Dublin you can do it lets get to over 20 degrees!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

eon1208 wrote: »
    Met eireann are now giving heavy rain likely Saturday. How likely is this. Up to an hour ago the were only giving 0.9mm or so. That would be fine for my farming job I'm in the middle of. But heavy rain saturday into Sunday would scupper me. Can Sryan or Gonzo update on this because the good dry weather seems to be going out with a bang. I need to take alternative tomorrow if more than light rain falls over the weekend. Advice really appreciated folks.

Where in ireland are you?

I see the cold front coming in early saturday to the west and clearing slightly later on. But then the east will continue to get the rain during the day.

Absolute perfection in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Absolute perfection in Dublin!

Three machines of washing out drying to perfection :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

City centre in Dublin and tbh I’m chilly in a t shirt

Edit: a lot nicer away from the river

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

summer bliss,, gardening and sitting out in the sun knitting watching the flowers grow... Utter bliss

west mayo offshore

City centre in Dublin and tbh I’m chilly in a t shirt

Edit: a lot nicer away from the river

Yes I was sitting on the Rosie Hackett Bridge and it felt chilly there, even with a hoodie on. As soon as I moved away it felt noticeably warmer.

Wow 27+ 28 degrees reached in last hour at Valentina + Shannon. Still not 20 yet at Dublin airport. The breeze is killing it.

Still I prefer a day of wall to wall sunshine then a warm but cloudy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

It is all falling apart. I see the highest temps for Friday have been revised downwards to 26. Mark my words, we will be lucky to see 24.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭eon1208

I'm in the general Portlaoise area. I think there is still a chance Saturday could hold dry. Fingers and toes crossed. Its hay weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Ireland is one of the most beautiful country's in the world when the sun shines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Ireland is one of the most beautiful country's in the world when the sun shines.

Today was perfect in the south, very warm with blue skies but with a nice strong breeze to make it tolerable!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

A glorious day in Tralee if ever there was one. I was in Spain for nearly three weeks and today was almost as hot here as the hottest over there. I'm not great on exact temps,hopefully my neighbour Meteorite will be on later with proper stats, but I'd wager it got up to 27/28. Anyone not satisfied with this in terms of heat and sunshine would want their heads examined.

Now what happens next is another matter but I thoroughly enjoyed this perfect summers day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭mojesius

Achill was fab today, went swimming at Keem Beach. Perfect day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Grand evening out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭OldRio

About 22C yesterday in Leitrim. But the wind was strong and took the edge of the temperature. Nice day but no way would I classify it as 'heatwave'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

OldRio wrote: »
    About 22C yesterday in Leitrim. But the wind was strong and took the edge of the temperature. Nice day but no way would I classify it as 'heatwave'

In your part of the world no it wasn't a heatwave

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am not really bothered about a heatwave anyway !
    Just to wake up to a bright sky , be able to open windows and feel warm . Have a shower and not shiver getting out !

Sit out for a while and have coffee outside Hang out a line of towels and bring them in dry .

Potter about and do bits and bobs and feel warm but not sweating
    Sit by the sea but not swelter or burn and sit out in the evening with a nice cool bit of air in the garden Thats my good summer !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭OldRio

MidMan25 wrote: »
    In your part of the world no it wasn't a heatwave

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

19 - 25 with little breeze and a sun in the sky is perfect for me..

warm mornings and evenings are blissful

• Advertisement

Today is unreal in Dublin. Relaxing here on Portmarnock beach with no a cloud in sky + no breeze whatsoever! Also not too busy as primary schools still open today.

I picked the right day to take off yipeeee!

Advertisement