Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

appledrop wrote: »
    Today is unreal in Dublin. Relaxing here on Portmarnock beach with no a cloud in sky + no breeze whatsoever! Also not too busy as primary schools still open today.

I picked the right day to take off yipeeee!

What primary schools are open on 28th of June ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I hope to bejasus that cloud doesn't creep over Dublin later as the moaning will never let up if it does!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

My granddaughter is in school today until 12:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    My granddaughter is in school today until 12:30

Poor craturs! Wouldn't liked to have been stuck in there yesterday.

Poor craturs! Wouldn't liked to have been stuck in there yesterday.

They were out under the shade of the trees having a picnic !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭appledrop

Nearly all primary schools open today but it's their last day + most finished early

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Finally a properly warm day here in Meath, first one of the summer. Should get to 23 or 24C here later. Tomorrow should see similar temperatures before the cooler air is in place by Sunday.

We have been fairly cool up to today, so this cooler air at the beginning of next week won't really feel that different with the exception of today's heat and tomorrows warmth. Temperatures may go back into the low 20s from Tuesday or Wednesday, so a fairly decent week to come once we get the 2 cool days out of the way.

The very high upper air temperatures are beginning to slide back from today, but the funny thing is much of the eastern half of the country never really felt any result from those uppers till today, the bizzare thing is when the uppers have normalised, it won't feel as different as you may think.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

All of them? Maybe some who didn’t take mid term break in Feb closed earlier but the majority finished today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Overcast and blustery in South Kildare. About 16 or 17C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

I’m not being funny but the heatwave? A one day event? If it’s 16/17 in Kildare and overcast and gloomy in the south?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I’m not being funny but the heatwave? A one day event? If it’s 16/17 in Kildare and overcast and gloomy in the south?

It's not a heatwave, but today is quite pleasant in Dublin, nicest day since Easter Sunday for me. Looks like it's going back to some rain and cloud etc tomorrow but still staying warm by Irish standards and that's the end of it.

Wednesday afternoon and yesterday was warm and sunny in South Kildare. This morning was sunny but it got cloudy around 11am and it is colder now at 16/17 than it was this morning at 9am.

There may be a heatwave on the continent but in Ireland it has been a below average summer so far. One day does not make a heatwave. We seem to be getting one good day per week on average since last Sunday. The rest is meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Why's everyone talking about mercury so much. Should I be worried? Is it in the water?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Spare us continent-dwellers a thought: car temp said 51C at 17:43 day before yesterday (43C yesterday).

[imgur making a mess, can't post pic]

Standman wrote: »
    Why's everyone talking about mercury so much. Should I be worried? Is it in the water?

Ah mercury. It brings back memories of rolling silver balls along the bench in science class. That's why we're all mad as hatters now.

Seriously you shouldn't worry about mercury unless you break an old style glass thermometer and it escapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

There must have been a spillage it's affecting the roads as well

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/1144238178817257472?s=20

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Cork city is just woeful. Dark grey misty

Just on the news , 45.8 in Provence in France today . God love them struggling in that . Give me 20 degrees anyday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭appledrop

Today was a perfect day on beach. Not a breeze + gorgeous but a heat that you could stay in all day especially when paddling in sea.

Yes there were hotter days last year during heatwave but they were too warm with a toddler we could only stay for max of 2 hours.

Sometimes the sun god's do work in your favour!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

Another beautiful day in Tralee. Sunny, very warm and wonderfully summery. Oh that these sweet summer days might never end.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

acequion wrote: »
    Another beautiful day in Tralee. Sunny, very warm and wonderfully summery. Oh that these sweet summer days might never end.:pac:

That it was. Bit of a dodgy start with darkening cloud and felt a few drops in the wind and was only about 18C around noon but brightened up quickly in the early afternoon with got a top temp later in the afternoon of 23.2C and currently 18.8C. Nice blue skies and small Cu about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Very misty and drizzly in Cork. Expected some cloud and the odd shower but it really was a crap day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

Hi Meteorite58. What did the temperature get up to yesterday in Tralee?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The sun only coming out now in Wexford. A wee bit late in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭eon1208

Day never opened up at all in the Laois area. Sun was out at 7am in all its glory. Disappeared at 8 not to return even once. Very disappointing day after the beautiful Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭giveitholly

eon1208 wrote: »
    Day never opened up at all in the Laois area. Sun was out at 7am in all its glory. Disappeared at 8 not to return even once. Very disappointing day after the beautiful Thursday.

Are you the poster with hay down? Do you think you will get it tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

grey and still out here. Not really been out the door as hungover from meds after y;days severe migraine caused by the proximity of thunder,

Will catch up later but am relieved the west is being spared today,,,, so quiet...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gorgeous morning in the west

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Is this the heatwave? 17.5 degrees and rain?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Is this the heatwave? 17.5 degrees and rain?

sadly it didn't really happen for many of us, the south and west got about 1 day of warmth, the east had a few hours of hazy warm sunshine yesterday and cloudy since about 2pm yesterday, this is now the breakdown.

Advertisement