Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

JCX BXC wrote: »
    What? Met Eireann's Maxima are 19-22 all week?

There probably looking at the regional out look for there area

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

ZX7R wrote: »
    There probably looking at the regional out look for there area

I'm looking at their North Dublin forecast

Is the regional forecast not worth looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

lawred2 wrote: »
    I'm looking at their North Dublin forecast

Is the regional forecast not worth looking at?

If you're on about the 7 day outlook,then no I wouldn't go by that, there written forecast and regional for Dublin as a whole is much better.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ens_image.php?geoid=64981&var=201&run=0&date=2019-06-30&model=gfs&member=ENS&bw=1

The latest ensembles for Dublin show a relatively dry week to come with little or no rain up to next weekend.After tomorrow we have a warming trend again which could lift temperatures back into the low 20's from Wednesday with high pressure in control till about Monday 8th of July. My guess is Dublin will probably fair better from next weeks high pressure than it did from last week's event. Today is one of the cooler day's and being honest it doesn't feel that cold, it actually feels milder than some of the days we had last week.

After next weekend it looks a bit uncertain but also more unsettled with rainfall spikes back after next weekend and temperatures possibly going a bit cooler again for the 2nd week of July. A few outlining runs also showing warmer conditions so week 2 of July looks far from certain at this stage.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

next Thursday see's temperatures probably reaching around 20C across much of the country.

102-778UK.GIF?30-6

Friday see's low 20's especially in the south.
    126-778UK.GIF?30-6

Next Saturday looks like a peach of a day almost nationwide, mid 20's possible in a few spots.

150-778UK.GIF?30-6

Sunday is a bit cooler but still low 20's in most places.
    174-778UK.GIF?30-6

Still warm up as far as the charts go on Tuesday 9th
    228-778UK.GIF?30-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lovely stuff

This happens nearly every year, every time I go away for a few days, we get dry, settled and relatively warm sunshine, looks the same again for the 4 days i'm away next week! Even in 2013 I missed out on the heatwave as I somehow timed my holiday to clash with that, and I could only view the 2013 heatwave from my phone. The 2013 heatwave broke the day I was flying home.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Gonzo wrote: »
    This happens nearly every year, every time I go away for a few days, we get dry, settled and relatively warm sunshine, looks the same again for the 4 days i'm away next week! Even in 2013 I missed out on the heatwave as I somehow timed my holiday to clash with that, and I could only view the 2013 heatwave from my phone. The 2013 heatwave broke the day I was flying home.

Anyone else want to chip into a weekly fund to send Gonzo out of the country for the summer seasons?

Gonzo where do u like most?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Any chance you could stay away for a month or two!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Nudging 20c in Arklow at noon
    Beautiful day
    Sunny spells
    Warm westerly breeze
    Warmer than most days during 'the hestwave'
    No complaints!

• Advertisement

Any chance you could stay away for a month or two!!!

i'll be away again second half of July, so your almost guaranteed over a week of unbroken sunshine, gin blue skies and temperatures into the high 20's. I'll be back in time for August with temperatures nose diving the day I come back and rains bashing the country!

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Nudging 20c in Arklow at noon
    Beautiful day
    Sunny spells
    Warm westerly breeze
    Warmer than most days during 'the hestwave'
    No complaints!

we just had a nasty shower, not alot of rain from it but when it was alot of heavy drizzle, the sort that really wet's the ground very quickly. Still 17C and feeling mild, the wind nowhere nearly as chilly as last week's. Apart from last Friday there isn't much of a temperature difference between today and the days of the heatwave. If anything it feels warmer when the sun is out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

i'll be away again second half of July, so your almost guaranteed over a week of unbroken sunshine, gin blue skies and temperatures into the high 20's. I'll be back in time for August with temperatures nose diving the day I come back and rains bashing the country!

Car says 21.5c as I"ve just parked in the Tesco extra carpark in Arklow
    Safe to say its close to 21c here in the town anyway as opposed to out on the farm
    I could do with rain tbh at this stage,grounds getting very hard and dusty and from experience, the current outlook tells me,we're heading into the annual east Wicklow summer drought
    Enjoy the holidays, but why do you go the same place every year? Theres loads of good value beautiful beach resorts in the med and Aegean from the algarve to Italy over to the Greek islands and Turkey

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Car says 21.5c as I"ve just parked in the Tesco extra carpark in Arklow
    Safe to say its close to 21c here in the town anyway as opposed to out on the farm
    I could do with rain tbh at this stage,grounds getting very hard and dusty and from experience, the current outlook tells me,we're heading into the annual east Wicklow summer drought
    Enjoy the holidays, but why do you go the same place every year? Theres loads of good value beautiful beach resorts in the med and Aegean from the algarve to Italy over to the Greek islands and Turkey

the first place is friends house so free accommodation and is a lovely area and the second place I love and have been going there since I was 7 years old and is like a second home to me. I'll definitely go to other places later as I would like to see Italy and Greece at some stage.

Gound dryed up here after the shower in record time, very good drying conditions. That looks like the last shower for a while, most of the showers are concentrated in the west and up north.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

Moderate to heavy showers in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

lol Gonzo :pac: First world problems I know but it also really bugs me to miss our rare heatwaves so I know the feeling. :) In fact I'm chuffed with my good fortune this year as I missed all the bad weather in June and came back just as it was improving and was thrilled to be here for the two day heatwave in Kerry during the week. Will be away a good bit yet this summer though so my luck will hardly hold and like you I could be looking at a home heatwave through my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,184 ✭✭✭pad199207

Torrential downpour now here

just seen the farming forecast on RTE, looks good from late Tuesday into Wednesday with high pressure mostly in control. The only area which may not do so well could be the north-west with Donegal in particular getting cloud and rain brushing along the coast from time to time, but there should be some pleasant condition's at times there too.

The eastern half of the country should fair much better than last week in terms of temperature with westerly winds feeling much warmer than the cold easterly winds of last week. Looks nice and warm in the south of the country too for much of the week. This won't be a heatwave but temperatures mostly in the 18 to 23C range will make it feel very pleasant in sunshine and no cool winds spoiling the warmth.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

wind and showers out here but dry now and brighter

west mayo offshore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Just as warm/warmer than the past few days here on the Dublin coast despite a drop of more than 10 degrees at 850 hpa. Nearby weather stations all reporting 20-21 degrees. Very nice day despite some cloudier intervals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Really windy in Dublin today, usual blustery cloudy crap we get for most of the summer months here. At least Friday was nice.

patneve2 wrote: »
    Just as warm/warmer than the past few days here on the Dublin coast despite a drop of more than 10 degrees at 850 hpa. Nearby weather stations all reporting 20-21 degrees. Very nice day despite some cloudier intervals

It really is bizzare that this 'cooler' Atlantic air is actually warmer on the ground than the spanish plume. Sadly that north-east to east wind was enhanced by the sea holding the cold after a very cool Spring and early summer, putting curtains on any warmth in the greater Dublin region over the past week. If Spring and early summer where more seasonal, we may have ended up with a considerably warmer spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Dublin to Carlingford on the motorbike today..breezy and plenty of heavy showers :(

feeling cooler now than earlier on, temperatures back to 16C now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

A dirty windy overcast day in East Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Smashing stuff for the next few weeks if the predictions on here come to pass

lawred2 wrote: »
    Smashing stuff for the next few weeks if the predictions on here come to pass

for the next week anyway. At the moment it looks like the week after next is going for a cooler and unsettled trend, will know in a few days how week 2 of July will pan out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

A real Autumnal feel today with dark skies, potent showers and a strong cool breeze, looks like we're getting the short end of the straw this coming week in the north west as well. NW'erlies can sometimes work in our favour though as the cumulus only starts to build over us and thickens further inland so we end up with plenty of cool sunshine, here's hoping..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It was quite breezy today here in Dublin 11 but there was a reasonable amount of sunshine and the temperature high was 20.2C. There were also a couple of light showers but there was nothing recorded. It's currently 13.7C and cloudy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

Flavours of Fingal was good in Donabate.
    We brought raincoats encase of some rain :pac:.
    They where needed but only for a short time.
    When the sun came out it was roasting so the ground dried up quick.
    The breeze was great as the young ones kites didn't drag on the ground, so daddy didn't have to run a few miles to get it up a few metre's.

All round it was good weather for the day.

Advertisement