Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Ah stawp now will ya ;)

Sorry but they are.:( Two weeks today since the summer solstice so only to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭compsys

Sorry but they are.:( Two weeks today since the summer solstice so only to be expected.

Officially the evenings are five minutes shorter. Five!

Also the longest evening is a few days after the solstice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Is Clonmel1000 alive? Hasn't been heard from since the weather turned good. They must be out enjoying it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Very mild night. It's still 18.3C here in Dublin 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

About 16/17 degrees here in cork city still. Window open all day in my room and it's still roasting! Restless night anyway !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Woke very early to rain and thought; well no need to water the garden today!

Y;day was so good....sitting out knitting with the sun on my skin... eating peas straight from the vine... watching the cats revelling in the sun... I can live on that for a few days now whatever lies ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Is Clonmel1000 alive? Hasn't been heard from since the weather turned good. They must be out enjoying it :D

Alive and well. Lovely weather Wednesday Thursday and Friday very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

And cloudy now this morning in cork city and about 17 degrees. Sun come back :(

Moist, muggy, midgy.. mild... Hoping for a breeze as I need to harvest greens for a meal and the freezer and it is not safe out there! The weather this week has seen a huge growth of leaves etc. wondrous what rain and sun will do .
    west mayo offshore garden

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Graces7 wrote: »
    Moist, muggy, midgy.. mild... Hoping for a breeze as I need to harvest greens for a meal and the freezer and it is not safe out there! The weather this week has seen a huge growth of leaves etc. wondrous what rain and sun will do .
    west mayo offshore garden

Your garden is offshore? Must represent a challenge for growing things one would imagine?

• Advertisement

First rain of the month here this morning. 0.4mm recorded. It's 14.4C now. Cloudy with very light rain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Cloudy all over by the looks of it. The weak cold front just producing light rain, holding dry here near Tralee, might just chance some painting.

15.5C

L8ZbnkF.png?1

V1PX8JN.gif

StW3E35.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Light drizzle here near Arklow with a half hour

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The last decent drop of rain was June 4th, since then very dry overall. It has been rain to the left and right of where I live and the brows on the hills are starting to show signs of the lack of rain.
    Would happily take some nice warm thundery wet weather for a few days...but its not on the current menu.

RobertKK wrote: »
    The last decent drop of rain was June 4th, since then very dry overall. It has been rain to the left and right of where I live and the brows on the hills are starting to show signs of the lack of rain.
    Would happily take some nice warm thundery wet weather for a few days...but its not on the current menu.

We have had some good rainfall including very early today ie around 4 am. What we need now is a good dose of thunder; and many of you here know I am not keen on thunder ( massive understatement :eek:) Oppressive now and midgy in the extreme; indoors is the only place to be unless you are covered head to foot and a bag over your head. Greens are amazing though.

west mayo offshore island

The rain has stopped here and wet surfaces are drying out but the temperature is only 14.8C. It hasn't risen above 15.3C since the early hours of the morning. The day's high was 17.8C just after midnight. There was 0.6mm of rainfall recorded this morning.

The sun has started shining here now. 15.1C. It's quite humid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Cork city grey drizzly rubbish weather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Beautiful afternoon Achill Island

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Kutebride wrote: »
    Beautiful afternoon Achill Island

Was it nice weather for the marathons?

• Advertisement

mean gene wrote: »
    Cork city grey drizzly rubbish weather

But Cork Airport, according to Met.ie, seems to be one of the warmest places in the country at 18C, even though it's cloudy. It was 19C when I looked a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Heavy mist on the hills here in South Carlow, temp has dropped. Thought I'd be barbequeing given the weather in Dub yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Turned into a lovely evening in Donegal with clear blue skies, first real sight of the sun in over a week. A cool breeze keeping the temperate low but after such a dark grey week I'll gladly take it

Turned into a lovely evening in Donegal with clear blue skies, first real sight of the sun in over a week. A cool breeze keeping the temperate low but after such a dark grey week I'll gladly take it

It’s the opposite here donegal. Dark drizzling overcast grey meh meh meh. 3 proper really good days this summer so far. A few decent days a lot of unremarkable ones and some ridiculous ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Call me Al wrote: »
    Was it nice weather for the marathons?

Overcast to start and then got warmer and watching sunset now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Very cloudy in Cork all day but was 20c and felt very humid. Not a bad day really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,140 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Its not been a bad July,so far, dry a lot of the time ,light winds, some sunshine. 18/19 degrees. if its clear blue skies and hot temperatures your after your in the wrong country. Got clonmel on here every day depressing the lot of us. do us all a favour and go on holiday all year round. :)

Its not been a bad July,so far, dry a lot of the time ,light winds, some sunshine. 18/19 degrees. if its clear blue skies and hot temperatures your after your in the wrong country. Got clonmel on here every day depressing the lot of us. do us all a favour and go on holiday all year round. :)

Bit like saying if it’s snow and cold temperatures you are after your in the wrong country....doesent stop endless wishful thinking here for 6 months of the year.

Anyway I’d like nothing better than to go on holiday year round. Not sure what you want me to say? The weather is what it is and I.say it like it is. Tonight is dark drizzly overcast. What else can I say?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,140 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Give us some stats from Clonmel for the past year? or has it been cloudy and meh all year round?

• Advertisement

Give us some stats from Clonmel for the past year? or has it been cloudy and meh all year round?

I don’t keep stats tbh. This week Wednesday and Thursday were fabulous yesterday was good up to 3pm and then cloudy. Today has been cloudy all day and a heavy mist since mid afternoon. Monday and Tuesday last were cloudy and breezy. Last Sunday I was in limerick and it was raining.

Advertisement