Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2019 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

lawred2 wrote: »
    Well I was driving

We've 2 different popular makes of car here,consistently up to 2c warmer on the dash driving in here versus the Davis weather station in Summer and colder in winter
    Car thermometers are indicative only,they're not accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Another heatwave? Hopefully this is a better effort than the previous damp squib.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,374 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Mortelaro wrote: »
    We've 2 different popular makes of car here,consistently up to 2c warmer on the dash driving in here versus the Davis weather station in Summer and colder in winter
    Car thermometers are indicative only,they're not accurate

I know that. I know I'm not driving a mobile weather station. But what it tells me when it says 23 degrees is that it's warmer than when it says 13 - 15 which is about the default position. Anyway I'm sitting out the back now in blazing sun and it's bloody hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

lawred2 wrote: »
    I know that. I know I'm not driving a mobile weather station. But what it tells me when it says 23 degrees is that it's warmer than when it says 13 - 15 which is about the default position. Anyway I'm sitting out the back now in blazing sun and it's bloody hot.

Ah yeah,but it's not accurate is all I was saying,just as putting a thermometer in the blazing sun in your back garden wouldn't be
    It might reach 30c in a back garden that catches the sun in it's own heat island,perfect conditions you might say for heat convection and a thunderstorm :D
    But if the real ambient temp where the air is mixing is only 20c,nope
    Climate Thermometers are shielded for that reason
    For the record,the yard here felt like 40c to me this evening, but I know it wasn't it was around 22
    Similarly when I was out in the field exposed to the breeze it felt a lot fresher but it was still 22c,if you follow what I'm saying here

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Driving on the N80 in Carlow this pm and temp was reading just over 25c. Lovely warm afternoon. Wonder if we'll get any thundery showers tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭appledrop

A very humid day in North Dublin. Very little sun but roasting. Weather has been great for past week except on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,140 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

Sweatin...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hope the migraine doesn't linger Graces7, absolutely love your weather reports, wonderful food for my imagination. xx

Thanks.. I have medication that works miraculously...when I remember to keep it in stock,,, been a bad week with the high humidity

well, we have no mountains and no sky today. All is grey thick cloud at sea level from horizon to horizon . But a fresh sweet breeze is a solace. There was good rain in the night so can set watering aside.. weather out here is very functional!
    west mayo offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Exceptionally mild morning out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Another grey wet morning here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Nice morning here in Glasnevin. It's sunny and already 17.4C.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Another grey wet morning here

Sounds like Donegal is not the place to be this summer!

Mostly sunny in Dublin and approaching 19c already in Dublin 16 (18.7c atm).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cloudy, warm and a bit drizzly in cork city. Sweating! Really.humid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

17.9C here now, but it's gone mostly cloudy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

wet morning in Meath, light rain but feeling mild at 17C.

Heavy cloudcover and mist here in North Dublin. Bah! I know the forecast apps aren't usually deemed reliable but they all seem to have gone a little bit less enthusiastic about the rest of this week and the weekend..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Dark and overcast in Castlebar this morning, 19.2C but the humidity is at 96% making it a very muggy day so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Depressing day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

yes damp wet mildness here in Meath. But Im ok with a day of this if we get some decent spells at the wend!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Once we get today out of the way, the next few days are looking decent enough.

Tomorrow may see rain clear the east early, and then a bright and fresh day, temperatures high teens generally, low 20's in the south-east. Similar on Friday.

Saturday looks a good day with mostly dry and some sunny spells, temperatures high teens to low 20's, few showers in the north and north-west.

Sunday is looking sunny and dry almost nationwide, temperatures reaching mid 20's.

Up to Tuesday looking good, similar to sunday, but cooler and more unsettled conditions may be back on the table a week from now with average temperatures and showery conditions.

Gonzo wrote: »
    Once we get today out of the way, the next few days are looking decent enough.

Seem to have heard that a lot of late! "Jam yesterday and jam tomorrow but never jam today.." ;)

Sweet wind here and it is clearing the air a little. First day for a week without a headche/migraine so something is different.

Lovely to see a wind warning for out here!.

. Status Yellow - Small Craft Warning
    South to southwest winds will reach force 6 later this afternoon and this evening on coasts from Mizen Head to Loop Head to Erris Head.

The warmth under blanket cloudcover is very Continental like.

It's lovely.

dryed up here now, feeling very warm despite the cloud. Currently 20C but feeling warmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

Just touched 28C, sun now splitting the sky with cloud cover completely gone. The summer I wanted and waited for in Dublin, finally here...

In Oslo, Norway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

Big downpour here in Meath now. Everything will get watered anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Didn't know about this. Hopefully worth a listen.

https://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/1148840705529434112?s=19

today was beginning to shape up nicely but the rain is back. Looks very showery and unsettled for the rest of today in all areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Cloudy, temp hovering around 20 and a few sprinkles of drizzle so far. Hoping for a nice shower or two later as there has been very little rain in the past few weeks.

• Advertisement

snowgal wrote: »
    Big downpour here in Meath now. Everything will get watered anyway!

same out here! My garden greens are shooting and lovely! west mayo offshore

Advertisement